• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Legal "energy" supplement - What can you recommend?

energy;

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDoe999

• 128 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

Hi

According to my bloodtests, I am healthy in all respects, and I take/have taken a lot of supplements. Please refer to this link for my stack: http://www.longecity...-should-i-pick/

However; my energy level is troublesome low, and the fact that my stress threshold is very minimal also contributes to even less energy, so basically I have to drag myself through the day.

Do you have any recommendations in relation to any supplements to take for more energy? I do not drink coffee anymore due to high IOP, and guarana does no do much either for my energy levels.

#2 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Rhodiola Rosea gives me quite a strong boost. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Kirito

• 63 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

NADH, dark chocolate, and Rhodiola worked well for me.

#4 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

I am always experimenting with things that might help my tendency to cold extremities. I am an energetic person in the first place, but when I tried potassium iodide I became hyper-energetic. I did not want to be hyper-energetic, so I stopped taking it. I was just testing to see if a thyroid aspect was affecting my extremities--as it can do--and after this I ruled it out. But in a small number of people the thyroid is involved in the symptoms you describe, so it might be worth at least ruling potassium iodide out as an energiser in your case.

The brand I took was Now Potassium Iodide. When I had tried Iodoral, there was no effect of that sort--despite there being more actual iodine in it. This makes me think that in my case it was the iodide form, in quantity, that triggered my hyper-energetic state.

Otherwise, I put my good, even, lasting state of energy down to clean eating and a regular sleep schedule. But I do not doubt that for many people it is not as simple as that.

#5 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Try Theobromine - a pretty good place to start.

5-htp + a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (like arctic root or He Shou Wu) for me helped energy levels a lot.

#6 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

Things that gave me more energy ranked by how much they "do"

Cold showers

Microsleep (20 mins)

C60, MitoQ

Whey protein shakes

Green tea

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

SAMe has always given me a noticeable lift. Maybe start at 200 mg and work up to 400 or 800, though a tolerance does seem to eventually develop. I would definitely look into some adaptogens too - cordyceps, rhodiola and a high quality ginseng extract seem to be the more energizing of the bunch. And be careful combining 5-HTP with MAOIs, theres the possibility of developing serotonin syndrome which can be fatal, although the MAOIs hamish00 listed would almost certainly be fine.

Honestly nothing will make as big a difference as proper diet, sleep hygiene and exercise routines. Cut out processed junk foods, switch to organic, up green leafy and non-starchy veggies, if doing animal products try your best to get grass-fed/pasture raised.

Try to go to bed soon after the sun sets most nights, and cut out blue light two hours leading up to bed. Use a bright light in the morning to jump start your circadian rhythm, and try to get at least half an hour of exercise five days a week.

Practice stress management as well - you said your hormone profiles came back fine but you could still be negatively effected from stress.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users