Photo
- - - - -

Where to buy galantamine?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:38 PM

Any suggestions? I see iHerb stocks GalantaMind, a combination of galantamine, Vitamin B5, and choline. I already get plenty of Vitamin B5 and choline, I think. Is there any problem with taking galantamind, or are there better/cheaper sources elsewhere selling just galantamine, etc.

http://store.yahoo.c...alantamine.html

Thank you.

#2 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:31 AM

johnmk,
when I was trying to find the best deal iherb was it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 johnmk

• Topic Starter
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

Their price looks good but is the Vitamin B5 alright in that dose? Is it too much?

#4 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

I took 3-4g B5 for skin problems.

There are alot of productd for acne with doses from 500mg to 4000mg.

However there have been complications for people taking 10g/day and not taken any other B family vitamins.

Taking only one kind of B vitamin seemingly depletes other B vitamins.

If you take a high potency B complex or a multivitamin with decent doses of B vitamins you should be fine.

#5 johnmk

• Topic Starter
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:53 PM

My own research has come to the same conclusion -- the dose of B5 present in GalantaMind is only 1% of the max upper intake recommended by the Linus Pauling Institute.

#6 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

I'd vote for iHerb too - I spent a while looking and it's the cheapest I could find. I really like it on it's own but the other day I started taking piracetam again and didn't adjust the dose accordingly. Oops. Seriously uptight and snappy.

Anyway, expensive but wort it IMO. Maybe I'll start growing snowdrops.

#7 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:14 PM

Beyond a Century's powder is many times cheaper. 24mg per day for 30 days for $47

#8 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

Sorry... miscalculation. (good deal for caps at iHerb)

[thumb]

#9 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:21 PM

....though the BAC powder does contain @-GPC so that's gotta be worth sumthin'.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 johnmk

• Topic Starter
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

I just received my GalantaMind from iHerb.com. Popped one 8mg pill about 10 minutes ago and will report back my results in the coming hours/days. I am guessing it's better to start with a 4mg dose, unfortunately I had already placed my order and was told it's too late to change the order. Anyway, fast forward to today -- only three days after I placed my order using the cheapest shipping option and I have it here. :D

8mg may give me too much nicotine(?) stimulation possibly, and I think I'm very very sensitive to nicotine-stimulation, not having smoked in my life and getting very nauseated from even a little bit of nicorette. It'll be interesting, wish me luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users