Ultimate Nootropic Challenge!

nootropicstack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StotheG

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

I'm new to the forum and eager to learn and contribute. And while I'm new, I know that I'm going to be spending a lot of time here. I love this stuff. I think this is the most cutting edge forum on the web on all things related to longevity and brain enhancement.

I have a broad theoretical question to pose to the knowledgeable members of this forum. It deals with the efficacy and power of nootropics. So here's the challenge:

As chief nootropic consul to the president of the country, you've been tasked with creating a program that will increase the IQ points of the nations children. You are to give the president a list of supplements and/or drugs that will be distributed across the country for use by all children starting from infancy to early adulthood in whatever dose and interval you see fit. Money is no object. The goal is to increase IQ by a minimum of 20 points.The sole basis of your criteria should be what you believe would be the most effective way to meet this challenge. It is critical that these effects not be short lived, 'flowers for Algernon' drugs, but something that alters the structure of the brain in critical and long lasting ways.

What would be your answer to such a challenge? I'd be very curious to see what kind of nootropic stack you'd recommend for the next generation of children. If so compelled, you could have distinct ones based on a conservative, moderate, and aggressive approach.  

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. 

#2 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

This is an interesting question but very difficult to answer because it will very likely depend on each case and will encompass prenatal care, postnatal care, environmental factors, genetics, education.

There are some fundamental truths such as keeping the mother healthy, breast feeding the child, making sure the kids eat healthy, shower your kids with love but teach while teaching them responsibility, give them a good education, ensure they stay physically active, ect, ect....

But if I take a step into the fun hypothetical where there are no unknown complications from drugs and being a tiger-mum doesn't ruin your kids,

Chelate heavy metals from the mother

Mum is vegan+ required supplements while pregnant

Mum is a very happy and complete state of mind throughout the pregnancy and the child's youth.

Have the babies DNA tested while it is in the womb and supplement the mother accordingly to counter developmental issues and weak metabolic pathways

Continue to supplement the child after birth

Only speak with correct english and whole sentences when interacting with the child.

Interact with the child a lot

Allow the child some time to play with other children

Start the kid on piano, guitar, advanced math at a early age, about 5.

Organize competitive events for your child with other children, subconsciously teach your kid that love is conditional based on how successful they are (lol)

Homeschool the kid or find a overqualified private tutor for all subjects.

Give your kid all sorts of crazy drugs that will make their brain grow so much it spills out their nose?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StotheG

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

Hi Matsubayashi,

I agree with your suggestions. They are sound. They are recommendations for the way that parents should raise children. Inevitably, it goes beyond question that parents and caretakers have the most profound influence on the developmental trajectory of the child. That said, it is precisely because parental care styles are so different that they would be beyond the responsibility of this hypothetical policy maker. Instead, what supplements or drugs would have a positive impact on cognitive function regardless of the environment someone is raised in. It might not make a child of a crackhead into a scholar, but it might mitigate some of the effects of the drug or increase their executive function and ability to tolerate drugs, etc.

I think the bedrock element of the list would include DHA, choline, etc. But I'm wondering what else would be recommended by you and other forum members and for what reasons.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropicstack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users