fasting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mandible

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

I saw a docu about fasting.

They talked about fasting clinics in Russia. Obviously fasting is very popular in Russia.

During the cold war there was a case of a man who was mentally disturbed and refused to eat and the doctor decided not to force feed

him. And then within 5 days he suddenly started to gradually get better. This is how they got onto the whole fasting thing in Russia

during the cold war.

They also talked about a biologist in America who found out that fasting reduces chemotherapy side effects in mice and humans. Humans which

fasted before getting their chemo had fewer side effects and could also use bigger doses of chemo.

This stuff really fascinates me. I'd also like to try fasting. Maybe it would help me with some of my ailments.

BUT what dragged me down again was that these fasting clinics in Russia for example supervise their patients. They do urine tests and blood tests

and also offer physical therapy and all kinds of things. To me this sounds like basically you can forget about fasting in a serious manner unless you

are under the supervision of a doctor who knows how to do this. But what if you have no such doctor? I am almost sure that none of my doctors knows

much about fasting or that he would advocate it.

I thought about fasting for 1 or 2 days, but obviously this is not long enough because they said that usually patients get a fasting crisis between day 3 and 5

and this crisis, where you feel fatigued or have other symptoms, signals that poisons are removed from the body.

This again means that fasting for 1 or 2 days wouldn't be effective if you stop before getting this crisis.

But fasting for longer periods like 1 week or longer without doctor is probably dangerous.

I also read stuff in the past about fasting that fasting can be dangerous if you fast for a while and then go back to eating normal because then the electrolytes

can get totally out of balance which can result in dangerous heart rhythm disorders.

Does anybody here have experience with fasting or knows how to do it safely?

I was happy cause I thought that I had stumbled across something which can easily be done at home but now I'm rather discouraged. Especially the detox stuff

would have interested me. But if this cannot be done without being in a fasting clinic then it's really not helpful at all. :sad:

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

Search function

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users