Photo

Medicine Good or Bad for Longevity?

medical science

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

I'm almost 70 and when I look around I'm definitely healthier than pretty much everyone I know. Many of my friends from 40 up are attached at the hip with doctors appointments and medical issues. I turn on the TV and almost 50% of the commercials are health related. I have No prescriptions and the average number prescriptions for people over 50 is said to be FIVE!

Where are all the medical breakthroughs we expected to enrich and extend our lives as the result of research assistance from super computers?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

In the shortest way the question can be answered, I'd say you are correct in thinking that for your generation - the results are obvious so there's no debate there - but hopefully wrong when it comes to your kids and grandkids.

Conventional medicine is about popping pills and managing arbitrarily chosen factors to alleviate symptoms. Sometimes it kinda works, sometimes it doesn't. Statins in the recent news are a good example to that effect.

Personalized medicine should change that, but it's a hard system to implement in the short term.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

http://vignette3.wik...=20131223192010

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

Medicine is good for living longer. If you get some dangerous disease, your first and most powerful weapon is the medicine.

The medications, that some of you are not satisfied from, are a part of the pharmacology and pharmaceutics. One medication, that is successful goes fast in the medical practice.

The medicine are the hospitals, doctors (JPs and the therapeutic doctors), diagnostic methods, operations (surgery),

Edited by seivtcho, 10 March 2015 - 08:30 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medical science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users