Dasatinib group buy from Nyles

dasatinib senolytic senescent scenescent cells sasp senolytics group buy

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#541 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

One big problem with sublingual dosing is that quercetin is so insoluble. Most drugs that people take sublingually are alkaloids. These are drugs that can change from water loving to oil loving based on the acidity of the environment. This helps a great deal in absorbing. Quercetin does not have this trait so I doubt it would work.

Which reminds me of another idea: DMSO.

Quercetin is soluble in DMSO. Some people use DMSO to make drugs pass into the bloodstream through the skin. Might work for quercetin.

Again, no idea what the % efficiency of such of thing would be. Might be 0%, might be more. 

Edited by jmorris, 25 April 2017 - 07:36 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#542 Iuvenale

• 46 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Fisetin is another flavonoid that is senolytic. Does it also undergo glycosylation? Maybe it could be used as a substitute for quercetin. Of course, then we're getting into uncharted territory since there aren't any studies with dasatinib + fisetin. 

#543 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

Why use DMSO? Why not mix with flaxseed oil or coconut oil or MCT oil and put it under the tongue? 

• unsure x 1

#544 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Fisetin is another flavonoid that is senolytic. Does it also undergo glycosylation? Maybe it could be used as a substitute for quercetin. Of course, then we're getting into uncharted territory since there aren't any studies with dasatinib + fisetin. 

Actually, there are:

Zhu, Y. et al. New agents that target senescent cells: the flavone, fisetin, and the BCL-XL inhibitors, A1331852 and A1155463. Aging (Albany NY) 9, 955–963 (2017).

But take a look at it's structure:
250px-Fisetin.svg.png

Now look at quercetin:
250px-Quercetin.svg.png

Any place you see an OH is someplace that the liver can glycosylate and inactivate.

• Informative x 2

#545 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

DMSO in ones mouth is not something you would do for fun. It's not completely horrible but if you take much over a ml of 50% people around you will complain of strange smells. If Q dissolves in DMSO and DMSO carries it directly from oral mucosa to the bloodstream, it could be an effective route, and if you only had to do it every now and then it might not be overly problematic, socially speaking.

• Good Point x 1

#546 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

Why use DMSO? Why not mix with flaxseed oil or coconut oil or MCT oil and put it under the tongue? 

DMSO has a special property that tends to make tissue more permeable to drugs. But yeah, coconut oil would be better than powder, I think.

#547 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

DMSO has a special property that tends to make tissue more permeable to drugs. But yeah, coconut oil would be better than powder, I think.

This one looks to be "odorless".

#548 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Please let me weigh in briefly, if I may. I have used DMSO on occasion to penetrate the skin with substances for several years. My latest was as recently as the past three days to enhance the penetration of a product that Logic suggested to remedy the sunken eye sockets that fat lysis by Dasatinib caused when overdone recently. Here was the composition:

- prescription hyaluronic acid cream (ialuset brand)

- Genetix Organic Enhancement Oil (sold for breast enlargement)

- 75% DMSO 25% Aloe Vera Gel (small quantity used or it stings badly)

- matrixyl peptide (diluted in small quantity of saline)

- liposomal vitamin C (1 gram extracted from a gel capsule)

Application for 3 days around the eyes has already delivered noticeable fat tissue growth. The DMSO in this case was purposely dosed low to not send the substances through the body but have them remain insofar as possible localized. The DMSO must be pharmaceutical grade as other forms can contain toxic impurities. People have found DMSO to have curative qualities on its own. I don't know if this is true, although there are true believers. I think it is a very dangerous product not to be put in anyone's hands. It is illegal in many countries, my dermatologist overseas told me that as a doctor he wouldn't be able to get ahold of it himself. It can carry anything through all your tissues into the bloodstream and even your bones. A pharmacist told me that in his anatomy classes it was used in high doses to dissolve cadavers.

However, if it can be established that Quercetin can bring no harm to any of our organs, then using DMSO to have it pass through one's skin could be a viable solution. Nonetheless, I would be careful of where you place it. Maybe the soles of your feet? Because it's going to stain your skin yellow pretty badly as it is bright colored. I've soiled clothing with bright stains when not being careful with oral intake. Also, we don't know what dosage is correct for a trans-cutaneous absorption method.

Meanwhile I want to thank Logic for recommending the fat stimulation products used for breast enhancement. I am thankfully able now to reconstitute may facial shape so that I don't look scary like a zombie. Already in a few short days the results are marked and everyone notices. FWIW

DareDevil

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#549 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

DareDevil, why prescription Hyaluronic Acid gel? What's the difference? I tend to make my own.

Also why matrixyl peptide?

What in particular do you think, out of those 5 things, did the trick? Or do you think it was just a combination of all?

#550 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

As far as DMSO, I will fall into a category of always keeping it on hand. I had a fairly severe sprained ankle which was starting the rapid swelling phase. I put DMSO on it, and took it orally. Twice a day orally, and as needed topically when swelling would start. Luckily I was quickly able to apply it. It healed in a couple weeks. A bad sprain for me has been a couple month process in the past of having many through the years.Do not be afraid of the odor; I use D-Limonene, and the odor did not manifest itself. I used Jarrow, Swanson's and a bulk D-Limonene as I had all 3 on hand. They all worked. Swanson usually has it on their buy 1 get 1 free. I used a "pharmaceutical" grade DMSO diluted to about 80%. Maybe I was lucky and it was just odorless.

Be careful how clean the area of application is. It has the potential to carry what is on your skin.

http://www.longecity...-for-injuries/ DMSO A lot of discussion by knowledgeable posters. (Not myself.   :)

Edited by Heisok, 25 April 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#551 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hi Nate,

Actually the hyaluronic acid is a moisturizing cream without anything nasty in it that you'd want to avoid getting into your blood or organs. The ingredient that is working - I wouldn't quite say it did the trick entirely yet in three short days - is the one that stimulates fat cells to develop as per Logic's prior posting. It has many of the ingredients he suggested and although a small bottle of serum cost $70 it has characteristics.

The reason that I have all those other ingredients is because I had already made a tissue repair cream to apply to my hollowed out zones for over a week. As soon as I received the Genetix serum I added it to the concoction I already had. I can attest that it is quite effective now, but wasn't before. The Matrixyl is to stimulate tissue growth, it is a peptide added to high end youthening skin creams and since I had some I put it in earlier. Vitamin C is know to help stimulate tissue repair and growth so I didn't think that a small amount of liposomal Ascorbate would hurt. It does color the mixture pale orange. The DMSO gel is easy to use as it doesn't thin the creme as liquid DMSO would.

I hope this explains. I still have hollows but they are now less than half as sunken as before so I have good hope that they'll fill in. I may even be able to liposculpt my cheeks a bit as they lost some volume too. Logic was right you don't need to do fat grafting facial treatments if a topical lotion stimulates fat cell growth. But here we're getting into aesthetics, and while it doesn't look good to have thinned down cheeks, you don't look all that much older as compared to having caved in skeletal eye orbits. I am exaggerating, but that's the general effect.

DareDevil

• Informative x 2

#552 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

Hi Logic,

This maybe seems expensive but is cheap compared to stem cell treatment costing from $5000 to $25000. Plus this drug does things that stem cell IV infusions can't do, getting rid of the damaged senescent stem cells. My only hesitation is whether to buy 1 or 2 grams of Navitoclax in the Group Buy. Thanks for your efforts.

DareDevil

What is the basis to compare Navitoclax vs stem cells ? Looks like they have nothing in common.

Hi Andey,

Actually maybe nothing? Except that Navitoclax is said to kill senescent stem cells so that they can be replaced by new fresh young stem cells by cell division. At least that is what I understood, unless I'm wrong. I'm not very scientific and haven't any notions of biology. 

The reason I mentioned them together, aside from wanting to lend perspective to pricing of anything that affects our stem cells, is that I have been trying to determine if one should first do Navitoclax and then systemic stem cell infusion, or the reverse. Similarly I am wondering in what order one should do the current two main types of stem cell therapy, Fetal cells and Autologous cells. Finally, among the latter which should be done first, the type using fat stem cells or the one using bone marrow stem cells?

I am interested in possibly going for treatment at the UCTC Unique Cell Treatment Clinic in Kiev, which isn't at all a modern facility but if the procedure is well done I'm not worried about golf course views or luxury accommodations. If you've heard of it in Ukraine, please let me know about it.

Cheers,

DareDevil

#553 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:39 AM

This one looks to be "odorless".

In order that you do not have to dilute DMSO yourself, they sell a 70% mixed with sterile water called Kemsol.  IIRC the 100% is like jelly.

An M.D, will often prescribe you a bottle of Kemsol if you tell them you want it to fix bruising after exercise.  DMSO lyses blood cells.

DMSO appears in your mouth as a garlicy taste within a few seconds of it touching your skin!

#554 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

Thanks DareDevil. What about metrixyl peptide? Where did you get this? I googled it and found this site selling something with it in there but seems like you did more of a homemade deal and probably for cheaper.

Navitoclax sounds like something that I may just skip and wait for something more targeted. The FOXO4 one sounds more promising. I don't think stem cells are replaced by younger stem cells to my knowledge.

Edited by Nate-2004, 26 April 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#555 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

Thanks DareDevil. What about metrixyl peptide? Where did you get this? I googled it and found this site selling something with it in there but seems like you did more of a homemade deal and probably for cheaper.

Navitoclax sounds like something that I may just skip and wait for something more targeted. The FOXO4 one sounds more promising. I don't think stem cells are replaced by younger stem cells to my knowledge.

The Matrixyl was purchased from Pepbridge and didn't cost much. It isn't the more recent Matrixyl 3000 which has greater benefits. It comes as a powder in a small vial you have to dilute prior to use. Bacteriostatic water or injectable saline solution are the way to go for that.

I did the Dasatinib run to clear senescent fat cells in order to reduce bad signaling and potential illness. Also it was to ensure that new healthy young cells would replace them. I understand we all have a limited number of endogenous stem cells and that we can't at this time stimulate the creation of new stem cells. Therefore, I guess that whenever you engage in autologous stem cell infusions taken from your bone marrow or your fat tissues, this will permanently reduce your stock of stem cells.

Yet, I expect that Navitoclax will destroy stem cells that are senescent, i.e. contaminated by virii and no longer signaling correctly. These would potentially cause serious future aging and illness? Taking Navitoclax would therefore be mostly for general health reasons and long term longevity, rather than for visible results in terms of physical aesthetics or looking younger. Others, please correct me if these assumptions are incorrect.

DareDevil

#556 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

I have been reading this blog for the past week and need to finish it. However, I've seen blood pressure measured as something that should be done before and after taking Dasatnib. I'm 74, have been taking supplements for some years now as well as doing other things for my healthspan. My tests are all in the normal range (so much for background). My blood pressure is 115/68 (with some variance as normal). I'm interested in Dasatnib (been taking Endura 100mg for high bioavailability and starting Fisetin). I don't see how measuring my blood pressure before and after taking "D" will have any real meaning. Please let me know.   

Secondly, I would like to buy 2 grams of Dasatnib (or 5 if that's the only way I can get it). I live in Maryland. Please email me at "golfar1@ix.netcom.com" if anyone has any to sell. 

You all do a wonderful job with information and opinions!

#557 slotrite

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

Here is an excerpt from a study of quercetin treated mice and it's effect on influenza;     Mice were randomly assigned to one for four treatment groups as follows: exercise-placebo (Ex-Plac, n = 23), exercise-quercetin (Ex-Q, n = 27), control-placebo (Con-Plac, n = 30), or control-quercetin (Con-Q, n = 29). Quercetin (12.5 mg/kg; catalog no. QU995, Quercegen Pharma, Newton, MA) was fed to the mice via gavage daily in 200 μl of Tang (Kraft Foods, Northfield, IL) for the 7 days before viral challenge. Quercetin was administered in Tang, which contains vitamins (especially B3 and C) that have been suggested to increase the bioavailability of quercetin (personal communication, Quercegen Pharm). The placebo groups received Tang only during this time. The dose and timing of quercetin administration were based on evidence from our laboratory involving other effects of quercetin in rodents (unpublished data).  My point the quercetin was given orally and Tang was used to enhance bioavailability. There are numerous studies in rodents using both quercetin and fisetin orally showing profound effects on genes and proteins. Do rodent livers process these substances differently? Do the metabolites of these substances have positive effects?  Here is a link to the study   http://ajpregu.physi...tent/295/2/R505

#558 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Here is an excerpt from a study of quercetin treated mice and it's effect on influenza;     Mice were randomly assigned to one for four treatment groups as follows: exercise-placebo (Ex-Plac, n = 23), exercise-quercetin (Ex-Q, n = 27), control-placebo (Con-Plac, n = 30), or control-quercetin (Con-Q, n = 29). Quercetin (12.5 mg/kg; catalog no. QU995, Quercegen Pharma, Newton, MA) was fed to the mice via gavage daily in 200 μl of Tang (Kraft Foods, Northfield, IL) for the 7 days before viral challenge. Quercetin was administered in Tang, which contains vitamins (especially B3 and C) that have been suggested to increase the bioavailability of quercetin (personal communication, Quercegen Pharm). The placebo groups received Tang only during this time. The dose and timing of quercetin administration were based on evidence from our laboratory involving other effects of quercetin in rodents (unpublished data).  My point the quercetin was given orally and Tang was used to enhance bioavailability. There are numerous studies in rodents using both quercetin and fisetin orally showing profound effects on genes and proteins. Do rodent livers process these substances differently? Do the metabolites of these substances have positive effects?  Here is a link to the study   http://ajpregu.physi...tent/295/2/R505

Quercetin aglycone has been verified to be bioavailable in rodents:

Researchers in the paper below gave rats quercetin intragastrically (with a tube) and then used HPLC to quantify quercetin and its metabolites.

"Different Profiles of Quercetin Metabolites in Rat Plasma: Comparison of Two Administration Methods" Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 73 (3), 517–523, 2009

"Quercetin aglycone (20.5 min) and methylquercetin(s) (30 - or 40 -, 27 min) were also detected as smaller peaks. Similar metabolite profiles were obtained from all the plasma samples of rats that had been intragastrically given quercetin. These non-conjugated quercetins (aglycone and methylated forms) have been detected before in rat plasma but not in human plasma."

(The minute measurements above are HPLC peak retention times.)

I found other papers that support this as well.

Edited by jmorris, 26 April 2017 - 06:11 PM.

• Informative x 1

#559 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

Quercetin Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics:

Jmorris your contributions on the forum are educated, valuable and appreciated, but lets not forget that the Human Equivalent Dosage (HED) of 30 mg of Dasatinib and 300 mg of Quercetin still somehow had the desired effect in mice... Why..?

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722108

(NB that this link is to a local senolytic thread!)

As we co-evolved with plants over billions of years, as with resveratrol a Quercetin metabolite, like Quercetin glucuronide may actually be what we want..?  That, in fact, seems to be case!: 

"...Quercetin glucuronide can apparently get converted back locally into free quercetin aglycone, at inflammation/mitochondrial dysfunction sites, with help from macrophages..."

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722812

(Thx! DeadMeat)

ie: Quercetin Glucuronide seems to be converted into Quercetin Aglycone exactly where we want it; the senescent cells with their inflammation and dysfunctional mitochondria!?

And a good thing too as Quercetin Aglycone causes DNA damage. (admittedly at in vivo type dosages)

https://cse.google.c...cone DNA damage

Now as we already have gaunt faces from killing of more than just senescent adipose tissue with 'more is better!' doses of Dasatinib, I think it wise to look very carefully at the differences in bioavailability and pharmacokinetics, of Q, in mice and humans, to work out exactly how much Q to take and how often to take it, before someone dissolves a blood vessel in their brain or something!   :)

A local search: 

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722696

continued in

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722703

(NB that these links are to a local senolytic thread... and you are actually going to have to click them to understand their context and thus the information they contain!   :)

ie: While the doses and timing have a lot more research behind them, they are still just ...more educated guesses, and can probably be improved upon..?)

Now that Nate has once again dug his anti aging meds out of the trash :), let me reiterate the importance of research when taking powerful meds and the value of a local search for digging up concentrated, relevant, easily overlooked, nuggets of information!

(GoogleSiteSearch is in the Search dropdown menu at the top of the page)

Edited by Logic, 26 April 2017 - 06:54 PM.

• like x 2

#560 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Logic, as jmorris mentioned above, quercetin is bioavailable in mice but not in humans. I assume this may be due to a difference in liver processing. I haven't thrown anything away yet, I plan to try a DMSO topical or oral formulation before I do.

#561 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

I appreciate your contributions as well.  I had a feeling that this was going to ruffle some feathers so I'm happy to address each of your points...

Jmorris your contributions on the forum are educated, valuable and appreciated, but lets not forget that the Human Equivalent Dosage (HED) of 30 mg of Dasatinib and 300 mg of Quercetin still somehow had the desired effect in mice... Why..?

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722108

(NB that this link is to a local senolytic thread!)

As Nate has already pointed out, mice and rats both don't metabolize quercetin like humans do. I'll leave it at that.

"...Quercetin glucuronide can apparently get converted back locally into free quercetin aglycone, at inflammation/mitochondrial dysfunction sites, with help from macrophages..."

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722812

(Thx! DeadMeat)

ie: Quercetin Glucuronide seems to be converted into Quercetin Aglycone exactly where we want it; the senescent cells with their inflammation and dysfunctional mitochondria!?

This reference is to the following paper:

J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2014 May;54(3):145-50. doi: 10.3164/jcbn.14-9. Epub 2014 Apr 12.
ß-Glucuronidase activity and mitochondrial dysfunction: the sites where flavonoid glucuronides act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Kawai Y.

Looking at the paper, I see that they are hypothesizing "that macrophages could be the major target of dietary flavonoids in vivo."

Macrophages are secreting β-glucuronidase which presumably converts querctin back to its bioactive aglycone form. They state that this requires an acidic pH.

"Surprisingly, the quercetin aglycone and the methylated quercetins (3'- or 4'-methylated quercetins), as well as Q3GA itself, were significantly detected in the Q3GA-treated RAW264 cells.(23) The generation of quercetin and methylquercetins from Q3GA reflects the presence of the enzymatic activities of β-glucuronidase and COMT in the macrophages. These non-conjugated derivatives were also detected in other lines of macrophage cells (J774-1, differentiated THP-1 and peritoneal primary macrophages) upon treatment with Q3GA, but not detected in the vascular endothelial cells (HUVEC and BAEC) and many other cell lines from different tissues."

So the quercetin is getting converted to the agylcone and then diffusing back somehow into the macrophage (RAW264 cells). But, note that the aglycone is not detected in any other cell type. This paper would have been much better had they detected it in other cells so I suspect some poor graduate student spent his or her summer failing at this.

Next, they state:

" The in vivo expression of β-glucuronidase is also demonstrated immunohistochemically in the foamy cells in atherosclerotic aorta of the apoE-deficient mice (Fig. 2), showing the tight link between inflammation and the deconjugation in vivo."

They can say this is "showing the tight link" as much as they want, but since they never detect the aglycone in these tissues I'm not sure why they are mentioning it at all. In my mind it weakens their case rather than the opposite. They also mention some stuff about how β-glucuronidase is expressed in cells that have dysfunctional mitochondria. So what? How exactly is glycosylated quercetin going to get into the cells for that to be any use? Answer: It doesn't, which is why they did not detect it in any other cells.

What I am getting from this paper is that the authors believe that quercetin aglycone is present inside of rodent macrophages due to the processes that they describe and that it might have an effect on those macrophages.

Okay. That's interesting.

What you seem to be saying (please correct me if I am wrong, I don't mean to offend) is that somehow this means that quercetin aglycone will be available in human senescent cells somehow.

How?

Can we extrapolate from a rodent study that next to every senescent cell in our bodies there is a macrophage? And from that macrophage quercetin is diffusing out of the macrophage and into the senescent cell?

In my mind, that's really, really pushing it. Trying to rationalize this improbable process enough to play devil's advocate is making my head hurt.

ie: Quercetin Glucuronide seems to be converted into Quercetin Aglycone exactly where we want it; the senescent cells with their inflammation and dysfunctional mitochondria!?

And a good thing too as Quercetin Aglycone causes DNA damage. (admittedly at in vivo type dosages)

Here you mention that it's a good thing that Quercetin aglycone is converted to to the gluconoride. You say this is a good thing because it causes DNA damage.

Well, I agree with you. It's a good thing we all have livers to do this job. But quercetin gluconoride has not been shown to be active against senescent cells. Nor could it even try to be since the gluconoride part of the molecule is hydrophillic and that does not allow the quercetin gluconoride to diffuse across membranes. This needs to happen since the targets are inside the cell.

I guess what I am getting at is that I am confused. You are happy that it is gluconorated but since that is not the active form I don't understand why since the aglycone is the form we need.

Now as we already have gaunt faces from killing of more than just senescent adipose tissue with 'more is better!' doses of Dasatinib, I think it wise to look very carefully at the differences in bioavailability and pharmacokinetics, of Q, in mice and humans, to work out exactly how much Q to take and how often to take it, before someone dissolves a blood vessel in their brain or something!    :)

A local search: 

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722696

continued in

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=722703

(NB that these links are to a local senolytic thread... and you are actually going to have to click them to understand their context and thus the information they contain!    :)

Clicking the top link, the first thing I see written in bright red:

"After the liver, quercetin exists in the blood solely as quercetin glucuronides. Regardless of initial source, all forms of quercetin undergo hydrolysis and get glucuronidated in the liver before being released into systemic circulation."

Huh. Looks like someone else figured this out already.

There are also some numbers regarding quercetin's bioavailabilty, that look like they support the aglycone being bioavailability. Okay, I'll bite. I click though and I arrive at the following paper:

"Daily Quercetin Supplementation Dose-Dependently Increases Plasma Quercetin Concentrations in Healthy Humans" J. Nutr. September 2008 vol. 138 no. 9 1615-1621

From the above I find the quote:

"In all species investigated so far, including humans, pigs, and rats, quercetin and its methylated derivatives with an intact flavonol structure (isorhamnetin, tamarixetin) are not present as free aglyca but only in the conjugated form (mainly glucuronide and sulfate conjugates)."

Reading lower, I find a table that seems to indicate that quercetin aglycone is available in plasma after dosing. (Table 2)

Uh oh. Am I wrong?

Nope. In the methods section it states that the plasma samples are treated prior to processing:

" All samples were treated enzymatically with β-glucuronidase/sulfatase type H-2 (crude enzyme extract from Helix pomatia; Sigma-Aldrich AG) prior to the extraction of the flavonols."

So what it looks like to me is that there is this company that sells some formulation of quercetin and they found a bunch of articles and misquoted them to support the sale of their product.

Edited by jmorris, 26 April 2017 - 10:27 PM.

• Informative x 5

#562 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Here you mention that it's a good thing that Quercetin aglycone is converted to to the gluconoride. You say this is a good thing because it causes DNA damage.

Well, I agree with you. It's a good thing we all have livers to do this job. But quercetin gluconoride has not been shown to be active against senescent cells. Nor could it even try to be since the gluconoride part of the molecule is hydrophillic and that does not allow the quercetin gluconoride to diffuse across membranes. This needs to happen since the targets are inside the cell.

I guess what I am getting at is that I am confused. You are happy that it is gluconorated but since that is not the active form I don't understand why since the aglycone is the form we need.

This is confusing, I thought the liver converted it from Quercetin Aglycone to Quercetin Glucuronide, not the other way around. 

Quercetin Aglycone causes DNA damage? Only in senescent cells or all cells? 

#563 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

This is confusing, I thought the liver converted it from Quercetin Aglycone to Quercetin Glucuronide, not the other way around. 

Quercetin Aglycone causes DNA damage? Only in senescent cells or all cells? 

Apologies if it's confusing.

Yes, you have it right. The liver converts quercetin aglycone to the quercetin gluconoride. The post I quote states that it's a good thing that this happens and I am agreeing. But since it is only the aglycone that can kill senescent cells I was confused as to why this was mentioned.

As for querctin aglycone causing DNA damage, there are experiments that support this. It's probably in all dividing cells which is why quercetin aglycone has been interesting to oncologists for a long time. If you want to read more, check out this reference:

Harwood, M. et al. A critical review of the data related to the safety of quercetin and lack of evidence of in vivo toxicity, including lack of genotoxic/carcinogenic properties. Food and Chemical Toxicology 45, 2179–2205 (2007).

"To reconcile results of in vitro studies, which consistently demonstrated quercetin-related mutagenicity to the absence of carcinogenicity in vivo, the mechanisms that lead to the apparent in vitro mutagenicity, and those that ensure absence of quercetin toxicity in vivo are discussed."

Edited by jmorris, 26 April 2017 - 10:57 PM.

• Informative x 1

#564 jmorris

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

Ah, now I understand. You were confused about the writing in red, not the stuff underneath it.

In the paper Logic references they find that macrophages (white blood cells) can convert the gluconoride back to the aglycone, which can be found inside of the macrophages. This is pretty interesting. It likely explains any effects that quercetin has on the immune system.

However, as I point out, even if there is aglycone inside of macrophages, that does not help us kill senescent cells. The aglycone would somehow have to make it from inside the macrophages to inside of the senescent cells at sufficient concentrations to be physiologically relevant. Which, as I stated, is unlikely.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#565 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

I have been reading recent discussion about bioavailability of the Quercetin and it

seems to be reminiscent of my early research on this topic, some 10 years ago. I got

also very obsessive (and maniacal) about getting as much as possible of the "good

stuff" into the blood stream and into the cells.which involved resveratrol, quercetin and

other flavonoids. This was with no regard whether it was needed or not. It was the linear

thinking "THE MORE ,THE BETTER" which drove me then ,which usually does not

work as intended.

While it is very valuable to know how organism metabolises those substances, trying to

get 100% of high dose of the aglycones into your body may be quite detrimental to the cells..

The glucoronidation and sulfonation of the molecules , as it happens in the liver

or the intestines serves as an important step in detoxifying the body from unwanted or

excessive amounts of molecules which may be harmful to its function. The Quercetin

and other flavonoids are not exception here.

While in small amounts flavonoids are generally beneficial, make no mistake here:

the excessive amounts the do harm. I am not going to elaborate here on the kinds and

extent of the harm because it would be too much to cover, however I am going to mention

my personal experience with what I call excessive and obsessive drive to get maximum

bioabsorption of resveratrol and quercetine.

In case of resveratrol, several years ago I found a "perfect formula" to get it all into the blood without

possibility of conversion , at least in first passage by the liver. The procedure involved dissolving

of resveratrol in 60% ethanol heated up to 70C. While resveratrol (and quercetin too) poorly disolves

in water, slightly better in alcohol, the heating of the mixture dissolves flavonoids in alcohol in 

practically any amounts.

Following that discovery , I  did experiments  by using the mixture the same way as people

use a mouthwash .....keeping it in a mouth for up to 15 minutes rinsing the tonque ,

buccal area and all other surfaces inside mouth and swallowing the rest.

Within few days I developed burning and painful sensation inside the mouth reminiscent

that after with scalding with boiling water. Later I lost sensation of taste and toutch inside

mouth and on the tonque.

The sensations (burning , loss of senses in the mouth) lasted for half a year , steadily

decreasing over that time after which it completely disappeared.

What happened ....probably damage to the epithelium.....followed by regeneration .....

I recovered....but .....if the stem cells in the epithelium were f****ed up ....could be much ...

much worse.....

And if that happened somewhere else in the body .....eg. vital organs ....well... figure it out kids.....

I ve had the similar experience with quercetin + bromelain more recently.issolves

locally collagen fibers facilitating passage of Quercetin via epithelium into the blood

stream.

So I did the same experiment , as described above with resveratrol, but using cranberry juice

instead of alcohol and no heating.

Guess what: I experienced  the same side effects (burning and loss of senses) in the mouth,

perhaps of lesser magnitude than in the experiment with resveratrol and alcohol. The

sensations lasted also shorter time about 1.5 month.

Conclussions?: I am leaving those for you guys.....

Cheers

• Enjoying the show x 1

#566 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

In my previous posting the statement "Bromelain dissolves locally collagen fibers

facilitating passage of Quercetin via epithelium into the blood stream" got

corrupted by the editor.....

#567 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the words of warning which are heightened by your personal account. While I have plenty of Quercetin as well as DMSO and although I go by the nickname DareDevil, I plan to wait before trying any direct administration of Quercetin into the bloodstream. We don't know the effects or anything about dosage when taken that way. Meanwhile there are many other things we can experiment with. I am awaiting GDF-11 and hope to locate Beta-Lapachone.

Cheers,

DareDevil

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#568 Iuvenale

• 46 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

I just found this human clinical trial using dasatinib and quercetin . I guess they think that quercetin is promising enough in humans to use it in a trial, which is reassuring.

The dosage is dasatinib 100 mg and quercetin 1000 mg for 3 consecutive days.

https://clinicaltria...enolytic&rank=1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#569 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

About two months ago I completed a two week water only fast with the goal of bringing down my blood pressure. It did come down to normal levels, but is up again. 152/108 today in the Doctor's office.

So I'm going to do the D+Q+F in a hope of bringing it down. The side effects of blood pressure meds are terrible for me...

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#570 Longevitarian

• 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

Searching For Answers'

Just small advice: Do preloading of Quercetine of 3g a day for 7-14 days

before first dosing of D, by taking 1 gram in the morning ...1 g noon and 1 g

before sleep.

On top of this take 3000 U of Vitamin D before sleep during the preloading.

On the day of dosing  take Quercetine 2 hours before taking D.

This will make the peaks of concentration of the Q  and D coincide about

1 hour after dosing of D.

Take measurements of your body temperature before the dosing of D and

throughout the day of the dosing. I am curious about it....it may be very

valuable observations......Write down all sensations you experience

during first few hours after dosing .....

Good Luck

• Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dasatinib, senolytic, senescent, scenescent cells, sasp, senolytics, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users