- - - - -

Sleep Deprivation = No ADHD symptoms

sleep adhd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guinga

• 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

Recently i'm suffering with insominia due to other health problem (Empity nose Syndrome), most days i sleep very well, i can get to sleep in about five to ten minutes, and get a good 8 hour sleep. even then i wake up feeling very tired every day. when my condition gets worse, insomnia arises: sometimes i couldn't sleep for weeks. now that i'm better I may not sleep for two or three days, and the other day, sleep like nothing had happened. the thing is, the days i don't sleep, I don't seem to have ADHD at all, i have more energy, i can do my tasks without even have to think about it, i'm much more social. it's better than any medication i have taken. the only negative thing i noticed it's that at the end of the day my cognition is a bit slower. i know that sleep deprivation it's not a very smart idea for treatment of anything. but this makes me wonder the why of such profound effects? 

#2 Brandon Smith

• 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

The same thing happened to me today. I pretty much always get 7-8 hours of sleep every night and wake up feeling tired with brain fog most of the day. Last night however, i only got 3-4 hours of sleep. I woke up without hitting snooze which i normally do 2 to 3 times before actually getting up. I felt a little tired for about an hour but shortly after had a surge of energy, focus, and alertness. This lasted almost 15 hours. I am starting to feel tired now though. What causes this?

• WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

Check out these study links:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9779520

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11454435

In those cases it is depression, but possibly the increased alertness is what affects ADHD symptoms - or, possibly, your inattentiveness is actually related to depression rather than ADHD.

...or we should scrap the diagnoses of either, and just look at your actual symptoms, and specify and quantify exactly how they are helped.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Artificiality

• 86 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

Stress hormones are the bomb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users