* * * * * 1 votes

Best anti-aging face lotion?

face lotion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 panhedonic

• 390 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

What's the latest consensus in the best face lotion? I'm using "Miraculous cream" by Young Again, but was wondering if there's something better around. 

Thanks

• Good Point x 1

#2 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

That's a pretty impressive cream there. Not everyday you see melatonin in a cream. There will never be a "Best" face lotion. Too many variables.

I'd stick to that one.

http://www.youngagai...cream.html#more

Edited by mustardseed41, 28 March 2015 - 03:50 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

And why melatonin is good in a cream?

#4 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

I like the ingredients in Miraculous cream. I used to use it. But, when I would put it on my under-eyes and eye lids, it gave me Dry Eye. Real dry eye. The exact symptoms of dry eye, where my eyes would feel irritated and dry, yet they they would water a lot (which actually happens in dry eye disease). It took me a little while to figure out that was causing it. I was surprised. A relative has dry eye, and at first I figured I was just developing it myself.

I agree, I don't think there can be just one best lotion. Several good ingredients are incompatible, like topical Vitamin C and Niacin or GHK copper will react. Vitamin C is incompatible with lots of things. So, if you want to use Vitamin C and almost anything else, you have to use multiple things. 

I like this regimen: 

Face (all over, ie: ears, lips, eye lids, neck, upper-chest, upper-back) and hands:

Alternating days: GHK Serum

Alternating days: MitoQ cream

Alternating nights: N-Acetyl-L-Carnosine + Niacin (not Niacinamide) + Azelex + NOW CoQ10 cream + Retin-A

Alternating nights: N-Acetyl-L-Carnosine + L-Ascorbic Acid + Ferulic Acid + Ethyl Ascorbic Acid + Allantoin

Full body:

Shower: 3 days per week: 15% glycolic acid cleansing gel mixed with Retin-A

• like x 1

#5 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Full body:

Can you please elaborate more on your shower routine? Do you use the mixture all over your body and then wash it off? Thanks!

• Good Point x 1

#6 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

Full body:

Can you please elaborate more on your shower routine? Do you use the mixture all over your body and then wash it off? Thanks!

Yes. I step out from under the water, suds up my whole body (more sensitive areas last), then I rinse it off. If I have time, maybe I will stand there for a few minutes to let it soak in.

It's an 8oz bottle of Vivite Glycare Cleansing Gel from amazon mixed with a 20g tube of 0.1% Retin-A Gel from alldaychemist. At 3 days per week, it lasts about 2.5 months.

• like x 1

#7 richardkemp

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

This one has an impressive looking ingredient list. Anyone care to critique it?

http://www.annimateo...-wrinkle-cream/
  • Needs references x 1

#8 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:39 AM

Ta5 wow that is a good effort.

I would say sunscreen and retin-a is the thing that can help most people.

This mitoq has plenty of good reviews and i have some on the way.

Skin eternal cream
Retin-a
Those two used 1-2 times per week, i try to keep my skin just on the verge of peeling.

20% glycolic peels every few weeks but not using enough to seriously peel.
JCleansing face only a few days a week with cleanser or an exfoliant, not using anything except water on other days.

Vitamin c serum from oz naturals everyday.

I drink and smoke like a maniac have a bad diet but these days im looking 8 or so years younger than my 38 this year age.

I have suddenly really improved my skin and general look, im sure it is from being consistent with the vitamin c serum after showering applied to wet face.
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#9 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

I use Juvess periodically. It is made by a LongeCity member. http://www.juvess.com/

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#10 ImmortalSpace

• 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

I think a lotion with White Tea (Best collaganase and elastace defender which are enzymes that break collagen\elastin).. now of course this is orally.. 

but we all know that Tea is good for skin. Thats a must.

Next you'll probably need Vitamin C in your lotion and MMP blockers like Blackberry leaf tea. 

Avocado oil is said to increase Soluble collagen content. 

Anyways, that's my two cents. Will update this list when I get the chance, this is a good place to search. Good luck!

Source:

Anti-collagenase, anti-elastase and anti-oxidant activities of extracts from 21 plants.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19653897

The effect of various avocado oils on skin collagen metabolism.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1676360

• like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#11 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

What about the MetoQ cream?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#12 Juicy

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Any updates?

#13 YOLF

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

I've been making and evolving a DIY cream if I haven't mentioned it... Keeps getting better, but isn't ready to share yet.

#14 Mrs Miggins

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

Physical sunscreen and Retin a. Everything else is to just add a bit of variety because unless you have very tough skin you can't use Retin a every night. Vitamin c under your sunblock for extra protection. I have spent fortunes on this stuff and everything but Retin a is just feel good. Having said that I've just bought some Juvess, which has copper peptides - the only other ingredient I've heard people rave about, though it can also be an irritant.
In Europe some derms give sub clinical doses of roaccutane which supposedly shrinks pores, helps with wrinkles, dries up excess oil etc, but I had it when I was a kid and its pretty hard core. I would personally be too worried about damage to my joints etc.
Matrixyl in Boots protect and perfect is supposed to be fantastic but it never really did anything for me. Oils are nice but can clog pores and do not work miracles. I've got a cupboard full of the latest stuff from Space NK and none of it works. AHAs leave me too pore-y, you are better off using a microfibre cloth IMHO (I've got a couple of stupidly cheap ones that slough that skin off like there's no tomorrow).
Home TCA peels work well. Read the instructions and allow for down time. I did my lower legs, around my eyes, and my hands and it made a huge difference. Just don't do too many or you will ruin your skin. 2 a year max and not before summer.

#15 Juicy

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

Have you tried more of the advanced cosmetic treatments with lasers or IPL or Red-Light Beam Treatment?

ALso whats your intake on Sonic Care Mia facial cleanser?

I am curious about Matrixyl 3000 and Copper Peptides (GHK)

Physical sunscreen and Retin a. Everything else is to just add a bit of variety because unless you have very tough skin you can't use Retin a every night. Vitamin c under your sunblock for extra protection. I have spent fortunes on this stuff and everything but Retin a is just feel good. Having said that I've just bought some Juvess, which has copper peptides - the only other ingredient I've heard people rave about, though it can also be an irritant.
In Europe some derms give sub clinical doses of roaccutane which supposedly shrinks pores, helps with wrinkles, dries up excess oil etc, but I had it when I was a kid and its pretty hard core. I would personally be too worried about damage to my joints etc.
Matrixyl in Boots protect and perfect is supposed to be fantastic but it never really did anything for me. Oils are nice but can clog pores and do not work miracles. I've got a cupboard full of the latest stuff from Space NK and none of it works. AHAs leave me too pore-y, you are better off using a microfibre cloth IMHO (I've got a couple of stupidly cheap ones that slough that skin off like there's no tomorrow).
Home TCA peels work well. Read the instructions and allow for down time. I did my lower legs, around my eyes, and my hands and it made a huge difference. Just don't do too many or you will ruin your skin. 2 a year max and not before summer.

#16 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:50 AM

There are paraben in the Miraculous and Juvess creams mentioned in this thread, not great...
I stick with the Skin Eternal products, which are quite satisfactory and decently priced.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#17 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

I like the ingredients in Miraculous cream. I used to use it. But, when I would put it on my under-eyes and eye lids, it gave me Dry Eye. Real dry eye. The exact symptoms of dry eye, where my eyes would feel irritated and dry, yet they they would water a lot (which actually happens in dry eye disease). It took me a little while to figure out that was causing it. I was surprised. A relative has dry eye, and at first I figured I was just developing it myself.

It may be just irritation from the cream getting into your eyes. Oils in creams don't just stay exactly where you put it - they spread out on their own and can migrate into the eyes. For example, I only use sunscreen sometimes but can't put it anywhere near (or even not so near) my eyes because it inevitably still migrates into the eye and gunks up my contact lenses causing a lot of irritation.  I wish I could use creams during the day but when earing contacts it is out of the question.

Edited by nowayout, 06 October 2015 - 10:19 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#18 TheLovedOne

• 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

It is frustrating that both the Miraculous Cream and the Juvess product are in jars rather than pump dispensers or tubes and could therefore oxidise.

Also the Miraculous Cream, which has looks like it has otherwise great ingredients, contains DHEA, and I would fear getting acne from this. Taking creatinine (which I think also raises testosterone (?) ) had that effect for me.

#19 Juicy

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

Not sure if Miraculous and Juvess live up to the hype..

• Agree x 1

#20 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

Anyone tried Rejuvel 3D serum?

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B007T9XMZ0

Hype or a real deal?

#21 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

I agree, I don't think there can be just one best lotion. Several good ingredients are incompatible, like topical Vitamin C and Niacin or GHK copper will react. Vitamin C is incompatible with lots of things. So, if you want to use Vitamin C and almost anything else, you have to use multiple things. 

I like this regimen: 

Face (all over, ie: ears, lips, eye lids, neck, upper-chest, upper-back) and hands:

Alternating nights: N-Acetyl-L-Carnosine + Niacin (not Niacinamide) + Azelex + NOW CoQ10 cream + Retin-A

Alternating nights: N-Acetyl-L-Carnosine + L-Ascorbic Acid + Ferulic Acid + Ethyl Ascorbic Acid + Allantoin

Full body:

Great routine.

Where are you getting the GHK serum and NALC from?

#22 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:06 AM

GHK from Skin Biology

NALC from PureBulk

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#23 QuickTimothy

• 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Vit C, Retinol

#24 spirilla01

• 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

I like this regimen: 

Full body:

Great routine.

Agree, great routine, which 15% glyocolic acid cleanser are you using and in how do you mix it with Retin-A. How long you do leave it on before showering .

I´ve been using Retin-A for so many years now with excellent results and started including the GHK serum six months ago and absolutely love it. 

#25 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

Retin A 2.5% micro applied first then topped with C60 Olive Oil.  It has a great effect and the Olive Oil cuts back on Retin A irritation.

#26 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

Nobody mentioning hyaluronic acid gel, which cost close to nothing (if you make your own) and can be easily used as a base for almost anything else you like to trow in it, SSKI in the amount of about 1 drop per day will serve as a preservative (actually as  a preservative much less is needed, something like 1 drop in 1 oz will be more than enough), as a cosmetic and as a iodine supplement (topically absorbed), DMAE will help with skin sagging, etc....

I have used it also with alpha lipoic acid, peptides, pantothenic acid, urea and retin A, carnitine and melatonin are a possibility too as almost all hidrosolubles are (but vitamin C), just check the PH, ideally try to not get too far from 7.

Emu oil doesn't clog pores and gets very well absorbed, interesting proprieties, I use it on top of HA as well (once HA is fully absorbed or dry), it acts as a mild sunscreen too, because it is an oil it is possible to mix with fat solubles, as D3, etc... 

Glycolic acid in spring, summer and autumn, I find above 30-35% and more than 10 minutes is counterproductive, don't try to achieve a real peeling because it is not going to work very well for that (at least not for all skins), always neutralize with baking soda afterward especially if above 10% is used.

Retin A and once a year TCA 30-35% in winter.

HA gel after acid peels or retin A is a huge benefit, emu oil too is really a smart choice, both are even better!

HA gel is one of the most versatile tools conceivable...and the price can't compare with any commercial cream

#27 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Vit C, Retinol

I am having the best effects from these three myself, copper peptides have a good reputation also, what else?

There is a large skin health thread with someone mentioning that hyaluronic acid capsules megadosing from jarrows gives him a very quick plumping effect, anyone tried that? Off topic, but the way he was describing the strong plumping effect he was having, left an impression.

#28 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

Recommended oral hyaluronic acid is 150-200mg/day, at that dosage I didn't notice any plumping effect whatsoever after 1 year supplementation.

I am not sure why the recommended dosage is such and I have no idea about the implications of megadosing.

Which tread are you referring to?

#29 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

Which tread are you referring to?

Probably this and this.

#30 Juicy

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:00 PM

Right not sure why that exact Hyabest HA is so good on skin maybe we are not sure on the studies of 100mg daily to 500mg daily to 1g daily or 5g daily.. Hrm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users