- - - - -

Caffeine is the only nootropic that works for me

caffeine adhd nootropic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chris87

• 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:09 PM

I've tried many different nootropics with minimal success.  It seems like caffeine is the only supplement that works consistently.  Can anyone relate?  When I take it, I don't feel as pessimistic, my motivation is improved, and my concentration is better.  Aside from stimulants, it's the most effective treatment for my ADHD symptoms.  I don't understand why nothing else works.  

This is what I've tried:  Sulbutiamine, Rhodiola, ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, Ashwagandha, L-Glutamine, Piracetam, Oxiracetam, CDP-Choline, Vinpocetine, Ginkgo, DMAE, Huperzine, 5-HTP, L-Tryptopan, DLPA, etc.

I tried combining 500mg of L-Tyrosine and 1000mg of DLPA, but I felt nothing.  Shouldn't this have some type of effect?

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:31 AM

My favourite is combining fish oil, ginkgo and drinking loose leaf green tea (preferably Japanese sencha green tea). While waiting for it to kick in, do a concentration intensive exercise, like n-backing or breath meditation, for 15-20 minutes.

Other synergetic add-ons for this combo are sulbutiamine for a mood boost and motivation (but watch out for the boners :) ), and piracetam for a mood boost and increased verbal fluency.

Also, concentration is improved the first half hour or so after exercise - this has been tested in kids with ADHD and found to help in their school work. Try a HIIT program.

Benchmark yourself with something to see what appears to work best for you, maybe Cambridge Brain science (free brain training site).

If your aim is to study and retain large amounts of information, the CiLTEP stack could be what you are looking for.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Goodenough

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

Ciltep + caffeine + exercise has been the best remedy for my depression. Mandatory off-days suck though.

Other stimulants work as well as does low-carb diet. You could throw in plenty of magnesium and maybe low dose of some stronger NMDA-antagonists to lower stimulant tolerance. I didn't notice much from sulbutiamine or various other nootropics I've tried either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, adhd, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users