DMAE

nootropic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blasteryui

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

I haven't read or found too much on DMAE.. What is the verdict on this stuff in your guys opnions? I read a user who takes it to help with memory and fog caused by the finasteride he claims. I to am on finasteride and feel that I may be getting the same side affect. Does DMAE for the most part seem to work for people or is it no better then a placebo? 

#2 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

I believe I may have found a side benefit of using DMAE Bitartrate, though it is not conclusive. Around 2 years ago I started taking DMAE Bitartrate as a choline source in my daily Noopept capsules. Before I started taking this DMAE/Noopept stack I had recurrent mouth ulcers for the last 20 or more years, never being with out ulcers for more than a month. I started to realise that I was free of mouth ulcers for the first time in my adult life after I started this supplement. I read many reports of how DMAE was an inferior choline source compared to Centrophenoxine or Alpha GPC so when my DMAE ran out I switched to these and my mouth ulcers came back again after a 2 year absence. It is not the effect you were asking about sorry but it has shown to help in some ways for myself.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Scientific literature suggests that...

DMAE causes birth defects.

DMAE is not metabolized into choline in the brain.

DMAE inhibits choline kinase.

DMAE inhibits choline transport.

• Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users