• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What smart drugs do you take with coffee?

coffee theanine modafinil caffeine piracetam aniracetam phenylpiracetam phenibut

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

We biohackers like to mix things up... Obviously caffiene and L-Theanine is a crowd pleaser but what other smart drugs go really well with caffiene or your Coffee? Are there any smart drugs you wouldn't want to combine with caffeine? Below are some smart drugs i've mixed with caffeine sources

Theanine
Caffeine and L-Theanine is regarded as one of the most efficacious Nootropic combinations. A 2010 Dutch human study, The combination of L-theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and increases subjective alertness, suggested consuming Caffeine and L-Theanine in approximately a 2:1 ratio. From it's abstract:
"The combination of moderate levels of L-theanine and caffeine significantly improved accuracy during task switching and self-reported alertness... and reduced self-reported tiredness... There were no significant effects on other cognitive tasks, such as visual search, choice reaction times, or mental rotation. The present results suggest that 97 mg of L-theanine in combination with 40 mg of caffeine helps to focus attention during a demanding cognitive task."
This stack is one of my favorites and I consistently start my mornings like this...
My Lifehacking Morning Beverage Regimen
Before I go to bed the night before I leave fill my glass water bottle with water and drop two teabags in it, green tea and usually another tea variety with a little better taste, like Flor de Jamaica.
Before bed I also put the coffee grounds and the water in the coffee maker. Then when I wake up all I have to do is the hit the button on the coffee maker.
While the scent of the brewing coffee tickles my olfactory pleasure centers, I pour the tea in a glass, add some extra powdered L-Theanine, for a kick of creative energy, then skull  the glass of tea to down whatever other Nootropics I'm taking.
Then I pour my coffee, begin to sip the dark nectar to wash away the nasty taste of any other Nootropics I've taken (Like Phenylpiracetam... that stuff tastes like angry fire ants!), then I get shit done.
Modafinil
Coffee and Modafinil is one of my favorite combinations actually, since I don't find Modafinil particularilly energizing and it takes sometimes as much as 3 hours to kick in for me I will wash them down with the dark nectar. The hardcore cognitive enhancing effect of Armodrafinil in combination with the stimulation of caffeine can be paranoia inducing for some people so go easy on the dosage.
Piracetam
This is actually the one Nootropic that makes me go off coffee, the energising effect of Piracetam is so much more acute than coffee's and in my experience the two really don't compliment each other.
Aniracetam
This Racetam's Ampakinic effect is nicely complimented by Caffeine.
Caballo
This mixture of pharmaceutical grade Racetams goes, 
Phenylpiracetam
Another awesome focus drug that's not very energizing, is nicely complimented by coffee. Coffee seems like the only thing that can actually wash away the terrible taste of Phenyl.
Phenibut
I've tried coffee with Phenibut and I have to admit it's a pretty awesome cocktail for a crazy sleepless night, if you are into that sort of thing...

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Modafinil and coffee for sure.   Coffee and Piracetam too.  Coffee seems to kick it in for me.  I don't take Modafinil/Piracetam/Coffee though, that tends to leave my thoughts racing all over the place-- unpleasant.

All in all, there's nothing like taking a break from Modafinil and coffee for a week and then tackling an extended project!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 KDee

• 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

Ritalin + large cup of coffee. Makes me perspire tad bit more (even within a cool airconditioned room) but I manage to smash out a large amount of legal research/ uni work.

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

Rhodiola actually works synergistically with caffeine, the rest of these combinations are base on you individual experiences and neurochemistry. Rhodiola + caffeine, on the other hand, seems to work across the board.

Also, you should know that modafinil is only a weak 'traditional' stimulant. it's mostly a wakefulness promoting agent by activating orexin receptors. It's the main drug for narcoleptics, who most of which, it turns out, have an auto-immune disorder that destroys their Orexin producing neurons at birth.

• Good Point x 1

#5 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Sulbutiamine + coffee = short lived euphoria. Low dose (90mg) works for me.

#6 UKLAD

• 78 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

@jroseland

all of your combos except the cabello, never heard of it

some others im trying ... selegaline 2.5mg and/or tianeptine (i love this stuff, doing 5 days on, 2 off)

:)

#7 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

I'm telling you guys, Rhodiola...

#8 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Cordyceps and Reishi

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Rhodiola actually works synergistically with caffeine, the rest of these combinations are base on you individual experiences and neurochemistry. Rhodiola + caffeine, on the other hand, seems to work across the board.

Also, you should know that modafinil is only a weak 'traditional' stimulant. it's mostly a wakefulness promoting agent by activating orexin receptors. It's the main drug for narcoleptics, who most of which, it turns out, have an auto-immune disorder that destroys their Orexin producing neurons at birth.

Awesome. Will try it!

Sulbutiamine + coffee = short lived euphoria. Low dose (90mg) works for me.

Interesting...

@jroseland

all of your combos except the cabello, never heard of it

some others im trying ... selegaline 2.5mg and/or tianeptine (i love this stuff, doing 5 days on, 2 off)

:)

I keep hearing about Tianeptine... Gotta try it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coffee, theanine, modafinil, caffeine, piracetam, aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, phenibut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users