LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

methylene blue or rasagiline?

rasagiline selegiline methylene blue alzheimers cfids cognitive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: methylene blue or rasagiline? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you think is a better choice?

1. Rasagiline (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Methylene Blue (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 metanoia

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

So you can't take both of these at once - at least, certain sources indicate drug interactions, although it seems like MB's MAO inhibition is weak enough to possibly combine the two. I'm not a scientist - I feel nervous about making my own interpretation.

So, assuming I can't take both, which should I take? Is there any reason to prefer one or the other, or why you personally prefer one or the other? 

Do you think it would be safe to take both, assuming I'm taking a larger dosage (1-10 mg) of MB as opposed to the microgram doses some people do?

If it matters to your opinion, the issues I'm dealing with are related to cognition/energy, and I have a maternal family history of Alzheimer's. Still youngish (30) so I'm sure clinical significance is a long way off - and intellect can mask it - but I have noticed cognitive changes, particularly in word choice and substitution - these are studied markers of dementia.

Edited by metanoia, 11 April 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#2 metanoia

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

I didn't get much response to this but I did end up combining methylene blue and rasagiline. It's been amazing and I haven't had any problems. YMMV.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 axonopathy

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

At low doses, methylene blue negligibly inhibits MAO. MB behaves similarly to the reversible antidepressant MAOI moclobamide at high doses. It is unnecessary to restrict tyramine for reversible MAO inhibitors. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rasagiline, selegiline, methylene blue, alzheimers, cfids, cognitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users