- - - - -

Fish oil causing joints to crack more?

fish oil joints cracking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j87

• 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

This is a strange effect I haven't seen anyone report before. Any ideas why fish oil would be making my joints crackle/pop more? Just 1g 300mg:200mg EPA/DHA swansons, and I feel the need to constantly stretch to alleviated cracking in all of my joints (no pain). 3g and it is worse, I feel much better on days I don't take it. 

Edited by j87, 15 April 2015 - 08:46 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:54 AM

This was something I noticed, too.  When I took fish oil my knees started to crack when I straightened them.  There was a pain in my knees, too.  It went away when I stopped taking it.  They stlil pop, though.

My knees crack when I bend them and have done that since i was a kid.  What I am talking about here is they crack when I straighten them, which started when I took this, and still happens even though I haen't taken it in over a year.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

I honestly think this might be a case of confirmation bias, where you are either more aware of it or do it more, the more you take. Is there any discomfort the causes the stretching?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fish oil, joints, cracking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users