Photo

Just took alpha brain with 5htp on accident

alpha brain 5htp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 syntaku

• 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

I just took both of these together. I just got my alpha brain in the mail and took two. Then I decided that it wasn't working and went to get the third one out of my pocket. It ends up a few hours earlier I had put a 5htp in my pocket. So I took two alpha brain and a 50 mg 5htp... I feel a little weird but that might be anxiety.. Are these two nootropics okay to mix together?

#2 randomdisplay123

• 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

It looks like you're fine,

Overall 5-htp increases serotonin. The only ingredients that work on serotonin in alpha brain are L-Theanine which Mildly reduces serotonin and Bacopa which also increases serotonin. You would just want to look closely at dosing if you plan to continue this regularly. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 syntaku

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

It looks like you're fine,

Overall 5-htp increases serotonin. The only ingredients that work on serotonin in alpha brain are L-Theanine which Mildly reduces serotonin and Bacopa which also increases serotonin. You would just want to look closely at dosing if you plan to continue this regularly. 

Alright thank you lol I freaked out over nothing I guess!

#4 randomdisplay123

• 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

No problem! Since you are starting it I/we would love to hear your subjective opinion once you get into a routine. Is there any specific reason you started Alpha Brain? 

#5 syntaku

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

No problem! Since you are starting it I/we would love to hear your subjective opinion once you get into a routine. Is there any specific reason you started Alpha Brain? 

I wanted to see if it would help with my ADHD. I don't want to be popping Adderal, or any other stimulant, all throughout college. I could write a review but I'm only going to be taking for about 15 days, if that. They send you 30 pills for 30+ dollars and the serving size is 2-3 pills a day. :b So it's really expensive.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 randomdisplay123

• 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

If you flesh out your situation a little bit more, eg. how much how often you're taking other things like 5-htp and adderal, Id be interested to hear your results.

Otherwise, there are far more cost effective ways to get where you want without the alpha brain or any bulletproof stuff.

The science behind bullet proof isn't as full as other techniques and it's crazy expensive. Cost and hard science aside, I did just get the brain octane (mtc c8) oil and it seems to be working pretty well starting today.

I'd be more than happy to give any pointers if you need them going forward. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha brain, 5htp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users