• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Vanadium and low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)

hypoglycemia vanadium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jason30

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can tell me if Vanadium is adviced when you have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)?

I have read that Vanadium can help to maintain blood-sugar levels and that it's adviced for diabetics.

I have hypoglycemia and blood results shows that i have a vanadium shortage (0.02). I wonder if this could be related.

#2 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

I don't think any dose-form has been shown to be both safe and effective for blood sugar:

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=698096

#3 Jason30

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for pointing that out.

Vanadium complexes are cofactors for several enzymes and also exhibit insulin-mimetic properties. Thus, they are involved in the regulation of glucose metabolism, including in patients with diabetes. In addition, vanadium salts may also normalize blood pressure and play a key role in the metabolism of the thyroid and of iron as well as in the regulation of total cholesterol, cholesterol HDL and triglyceride (TG) levels in blood. Moreover, in cases of hypoxia, vanadium compounds may improve cardiomyocytes function. They may also exhibit both carcinogenic and anti-cancer properties. These include dose- and exposure-time-dependent induction and inhibition of the proliferation and survival of cancer cells.

Vanadium seems to have some important roles in the body. My concern is that my Vanadium is 0.02. That's extremely low, thus i am looking for a way to increase this.

Will look into vanadium rich foods.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hypoglycemia, vanadium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users