• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What is it in breads that make pain come back?

pain bread

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Ok, usually eat great and supplement, then on Saturdays I let myself eat whatever. What a mistake, At a stromboli and the bread always aggravates some shoulder pain. So I'm wondering what part of bread does this. Is there a type of bread I should be looking for that doesn't cause this? Something in bread that causes it specifically that doesn't have to be there?

Need some leads on what to not eat here.

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

Sounds like a gluten intolerance, others are reporting the same

google keyword: "wheat shoulder pain"

[Link Removed, AV picked up a threat]

I would try sprouted bread, I like the 7-grain ezekiel sprinkled with oats.  If that results in the same shoulder pain, it would seem prudent to cut wheat bread from one's diet.  Probably you can find gluten-free bread made with rice, oats, almonds, potatoes, and/or quinoa at your local supermarket, health food store, or sometimes even at a farmer's market.

Edited by YOLF, 27 April 2015 - 02:42 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

Could be due to sugar/cortisol levels affecting eachother.

Or, sensitivity.

Don't eat bread.

#4 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

I get the same reaction (shoulder pain/inflammation) when I eat any type of grain, gluten or no gluten.

#5 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

Sounds like a gluten intolerance, others are reporting the same

google keyword: "wheat shoulder pain"

[Link Removed, AV picked up a threat]

I would try sprouted bread, I like the 7-grain ezekiel sprinkled with oats.  If that results in the same shoulder pain, it would seem prudent to cut wheat bread from one's diet.  Probably you can find gluten-free bread made with rice, oats, almonds, potatoes, and/or quinoa at your local supermarket, health food store, or sometimes even at a farmer's market.

I guess I could test that theory by eating some refined gluten and seeing what happens. I'm not sure that'll be it though. The wheat tortillas I eat don't seem to cause any problems for me and aren't gluten free. Strombolis do have much more bread to them, so it could be related to the volume of gluten. Looks like there are foods made entirely of gluten and it contains alot of gliadin (superoxide dismutase, very good for anti aging actually if it survives and there are supplements claiming it can) which I don't have a problem eating or taking as a supplement.

The label of the tortillas that don't cause me any problems list the following details on the label:

Ricas Family Pack Flour Tortillas

No Lard

No Trans Fat

No Cholesterol

No Sugar Added

Made with Unbleached Flour

No Partially Hydrogenated Oils

Ingredients:

Enriched Bleached Flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), water, veg. shortening (palm oil or corn oil). 2% or less salt, aluminum free leavening, (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), Wheat protein, preservatives (calcium propionate, sorbic acid), dough conditioner (fumaric acid, gum blend, lecithin, mono and diglycerides, sodium metabisulphite). Allergens: Wheat and Soy

To refine gluten, wheat is stripped of the starch contents. So most wheat save for quinoa is going to be substantially gluten. See ingredients of tortillas that don't bother me below.

I should also say that I make sandwiches with these tortillas using a good light olive oil. I have been known to react badly to certain oils. I'm thinking it has to be something in the oil content of some pizza breads.

Edited by YOLF, 27 April 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

I get the same reaction (shoulder pain/inflammation) when I eat any type of grain, gluten or no gluten.

I actually injured mine a while back and the some of the supplements I take keep it from hurting. I'm still in the recovery phase. So it might not be the same kind of pain. The ingredient culprit is probably proinflammatory. 

#7 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

Gluten and proteins similar to gliadin in structure.

I get it when I eat too much of anything like that, particularly stiffened leg joints and extended reflux issues. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain, bread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users