• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Slowing down/reversing ageing and maintaining Skin with supplements (advice needed)

supplements anti-aging skin routine collegen sagging capsules

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hi I'm a 28 year old male looking to start a daily supplement regime. Me aim is for maintaining firm/wrinkle free skin and reversing/slowing skin ageing. Also in tandem with that brain health/concentration is very important to me.  I've come across a lot of information on this forum and others and compiled a list that if possible I'd like some feedback and recommendations on :)

I'm on a budget so maybe the 3-5 you think are best would be very grateful. 

CoQ10
DMAE
Ubiquinol CoQ10 
K2 Complex
Pycnogenol
Pine Bark Extract
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid 
L-Carnosine
Astaxanthin
Msm Sulphur
Hyaluronic Acid
Resveratrol
Collegen
Pomegranate Extract
Bladderwrack 

#2 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

You're probably already aware, but just to make sure: Topicals will be better. Sunscreen, topical antioxidants (c e ferulic), retin-a will likely do far more than taking something the oral route.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bosharpe

• Topic Starter
  • 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

You're probably already aware, but just to make sure: Topicals will be better. Sunscreen, topical antioxidants (c e ferulic), retin-a will likely do far more than taking something the oral route.

Thanks Heyman. Yep aware and use those very products. Sunscreen daily, Vit C twice a week and currently building up my tolerance to retinol. 

I've overlooked vitamins for a long time being quite sceptical about them until I read a thread on Hyraluronic acid. A lot of people swore they could see a positive affect on their skin after taking the supplement orally. I thought it was time to revisit vitamins and add them in to my routine.

My diet is very good. Nuts, seeds, oily fish, green vegetables, dark berries, no dairy etc (as much as i can). I barely drink alcohol, don't smoke. I take Green superfood powder with baobab every morning. I'm hoping supplements can help further.

Edited by bosharpe, 30 April 2015 - 07:18 PM.

• Agree x 1

#4 Saintless

• 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:59 AM

You might want to consider the serum version of MitoQ. 

• Agree x 1

#5 bosharpe

• Topic Starter
  • 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

Okay thank you I'll check it out! Have you got any experience of using MitoQ?

In regards to my first post has anyone got any supplement suggestions from the list above?

Many thanks

#6 Saintless

• 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

In regards to my first post has anyone got any supplement suggestions from the list above?

Many thanks

I've used 2 bottles Mitoq Serum  (approx. 4 month supply.) I'm 32 and I don't have any major wrinkles yet, but it did seem to reduce blemishes and discoloration on my skin. I was developing under eye wrinkles last year and they are now much finer.  I can say for me it did not increase the thickness of my skin or dramatically increase the quality of my skin.  My skin regimen is daily sunblock (reapplied in the day) and topical green and white tea extract. (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19492999)

My mother has also used 2 bottles (age 60, wrinkles, sun damage, doesn't use sunblock consistently)  It seemed to have helped her general skin quality a lot more than mine (but my skin naturally in much better condition)

That being said I plan to use it only intermittently in the future. 

• Informative x 1

#7 bosharpe

• Topic Starter
  • 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

Many thanks

I've used 2 bottles Mitoq Serum  (approx. 4 month supply.) I'm 32 and I don't have any major wrinkles yet, but it did seem to reduce blemishes and discoloration on my skin. I was developing under eye wrinkles last year and they are now much finer.  I can say for me it did not increase the thickness of my skin or dramatically increase the quality of my skin.  My skin regimen is daily sunblock (reapplied in the day) and topical green and white tea extract. (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19492999)

My mother has also used 2 bottles (age 60, wrinkles, sun damage, doesn't use sunblock consistently)  It seemed to have helped her general skin quality a lot more than mine (but my skin naturally in much better condition)

That being said I plan to use it only intermittently in the future. 

Thank you for that. It does sound promising. I know the CEO of the company that supplies has commented on this forum in the past.

Would you ever try the MitoQ supplements?

#8 Saintless

• 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

Yes I took two bottles, they seemed to increase my energy levels like a more powerful Ubiqinol and greatly reduced my brainfog. (Seemed to last for around 4 hours)  

#9 bosharpe

• Topic Starter
  • 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

Yes I took two bottles, they seemed to increase my energy levels like a more powerful Ubiqinol and greatly reduced my brainfog. (Seemed to last for around 4 hours)  

How about your skin any differences?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, anti-aging, skin, routine, collegen, sagging, capsules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users