* * * * - 3 votes

Ten common neurotoxins that are probably wreaking havoc on your brain

neurotoxicity

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

My spring water has 0.1mg/L, Japanese tea contributes another 0.4mg/L.

For comparison, TJ's toothpaste is 7600mg/L, 7.6mg/mL, or 0.76% fluoride.  In terms of fluoride content, 4L tea = 0.25mL toothpaste.  A quater milliliter is an amount you might swallow, or be left as a residue after spitting/rinsing.  So it could double my exposure, from 2mg daily to 4mg.

Effect of water rinsing after toothbrushing on fluoride ingestion and absorption

"Fluoride mouthrinse is a concentrated solution intended for daily or weekly use."    http://www.cdc.gov/m...ml/rr5014a1.htm

Teotia, S. P. S., and M. Teotia. "Dental caries: a disorder of high fluoride and low dietary calcium interactions (30 years of personal research)." Fluoride 27 (1994): 59-59.

Edited by gamesguru, 19 May 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#32 axonopathy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

So toothpaste has almost 20-fold the concentration of fluoride compared to Japanese tea. Good to know! 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

7600/0.4 = 19000-fold the concentration, a little more than 20-fold

• Agree x 1

#34 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

Use the childrens toothpaste if you are worried, that is with less of F.

• Informative x 1

#35 axonopathy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

7600/0.4 = 19000-fold the concentration, a little more than 20-fold

You're absolutely right, my mistake.

#36 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

There has been some confusing results coming from tea-investigations though. I expect those results to be caused by content of Al, Pb and so on, especially from tea produced by our Asian Brown Cloud friends in China. I think Fluoride is very attractive to blame things on in general for some reason, I'm a lot more worried by mercury in fish and lead in tea.

Do you have a a reference to these investigations? Tea naturally has high levels of F and Al, but not Pb, which has to come from contaminated soil.

Mercury certainly is something be concerned about, but fortunately we know which species of long-living predatory fish accumulate mercury: shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish and albacore and blackfin tuna. Those species should be avoided anyway for environmental reasons. I wouldn't be too concerned about the relatively low levels of methylmercury found in other species, as the epidemiology very clearly shows a net benefit from fish eating. Moreover, there's some fascinating research on a particular selenium compound in fish - selenonein - which seems to specifically reduce the toxicity of methymercury. As so often in Nature, the poison comes in a package with its antidote.

For comparison, TJ's toothpaste is 7600mg/L, 7.6mg/mL, or 0.76% fluoride.  In terms of fluoride content, 4L tea = 0.25mL toothpaste.  A quater milliliter is an amount you might swallow, or be left as a residue after spitting/rinsing.  So it could double my exposure, from 2mg daily to 4mg.

This is an insane level of fluoride for sure. I doubt it is representative of most toothpaste availabe in the US. In Europe, there is an upper limit of 1500 mg/L for toothpaste and 500 mg/L for mouthrinse given per law, as those concentrations have been shown effective in clinical trials and pose minimal risk of fluoridosis even if used inappropriately and swallowed. If one typically uses 2 g of fluoridated toothpaste and 10 g of mouthrinse, it would make 8 mg of total fluoride. Given that you inevitably swallow about 10%, you'd be exposed to ~1 mg of fluoride, roughly the same amount you'd get from one cup of black tea made from a bag or from 0.5-1 L of fluoridated water.

The beauty of fluoride in dental health products is that it can act topically where it is most beneficial - on the tooth enamel - and doesn't have to be absorbed systemically in much larger doses to have to same effect (and possible systemic adverse effects).

Edited by timar, 20 May 2015 - 07:46 AM.

• Informative x 2

#37 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

The Benefits and Risks of Consuming Brewed Tea: Beware of Toxic Element Contamination

http://www.hindawi.c...jt/2013/370460/

Funny thing is tea probably protects against whatever damage is caused by it, I suspect this effect is greater than the damage so tea is a net good. Especially if you buy from Japan or some other place with not so crazy environmental problems and perhaps do some double-steeping (1min in one cup, then 10mins in "your" cup)

Tea Polyphenols Protect Against Methylmercury-Induced Cell Injury in Rat Primary Cultured Astrocytes, Involvement of Oxidative Stress and Glutamate Uptake/Metabolism Disorders.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25952541

Tea does not interfer with exercise-hormesis? This is neat because I sometimes worry about it :)

Green tea extract supplementation does not hamper endurance training adaptation but improves antioxidant capacity in sedentary men

http://www.nrcresear...38#.VVxR_zFvnGg

• Informative x 2

#38 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

Funny thing is tea probably protects against whatever damage is caused by it, I suspect this effect is greater than the damage so tea is a net good. Especially if you buy from Japan or some other place with not so crazy environmental problems and perhaps do some double-steeping (1min in one cup, then 10mins in "your" cup)

I prefer Fukushima sencha. It has a mild, flowery buquet and I like the fact that it glows in the dark - very convenient at night. ;o)

• Cheerful x 2

#39 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

my opinion is that

Mountain teas > floral

(Yame, Okawa-Oma, and Shimizu)

#40 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

Fluoride is like everything else. Too much and you get damage, even death at grand dosages. Too little and you get deficiency problems.

Right now I support Fluoride in dental health products but not adding it to foods, water.

It probably does a net good to society by inhibiting millions of pulp-reaching cavities that would otherwise have produced a negative health effects by introducing bacteria into the jaw-bone. It inhibits the use of synthetic filling materials that may or may not contain stuff like Bisphenol A, mercury etc.

It saves people a lot of money and suffering from occuring.

In the future we can stop fluoride when we can effectively banish S.Mutans from the oral cavity.

The amount of fluoride in dental products and treatments leads to absorption of enough to harm teeth. So that's not even recommended by many dentists anymore.

Edited by HappyShoe, 20 May 2015 - 10:07 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#41 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

The amount of fluoride in dental products and treatments leads to absorption of enough to harm teeth. So that's not even recommended by many dentists anymore.

Maybe you are confusing dedicated fluoride treatments with gels containing extremely high levels of fluoride with ordinary flourized toothpaste and mouthrinse. The appropriateness of the former is somewhat debated given that that they can produce an unpleasant discoloration of the enamel (no actual harm, though). However, there is certainly no debate about the efficacy of the latter and for a good reason all dentist/dental associations in the world recommend the use of such products. (Of course there are a few tin foil hat wearing dentists as well, but you'll find crackpots in any profession).

Edited by timar, 20 May 2015 - 11:11 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#42 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:27 PM

Imagine if you brushed with the 0.76% fluoride paste, and rinsed with a 0.4% fluoride mouthwash THREE TIMES A DAY.

I know cause my dentist told me I was getting white spots from too much fluoride. Excess fluoride causes white spots, which may turn brown, and lead to severe erosion.

#43 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Fluoride toothpaste, mouthwash and gel with trays is what restored a lot of the damage to my enamel I had with braces due to improper cleaning. Fluoride keeps enamel healthy and repairs damage (to an extent). That's why it's used.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#44 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

I wonder which one of these neurotoxins poses the greatest risk?

My money would be neurotoxins injected into the body of little people learning how to walk. Any of them on your list?

Before you go party line, go here

http://www.merckmanu...ns/encephalitis

http://www.merckmanu...ns/encephalitis

Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain that occurs when a virus directly infects the brain or when a virus, vaccine, or something else triggers inflammation.

Encephalitis is a cause of autism.     

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#45 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

OK folks: water fluoridation, vaccination... what's next? Chemtrails? Alien abductions?

(Yes encephalitis is a very rare and serious side effect of some vaccines. But of course the risk is generally orders of magnitude below the risk of severe harm from attracting the infectious disease the vaccine immunizes against.)

Edited by timar, 21 May 2015 - 07:28 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#46 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

OK folks: water fluoridation, vaccination... what's next? Chemtrails? Alien abductions?

(Yes encephalitis is a very rare and serious side effect of some vaccines. But of course the risk is generally orders of magnitude below the risk of severe harm from attracting the infectious disease the vaccine immunizes against.)

Let's add GMOs! And then we can talk about the miracle of homeopathy!

Ain't no party like a woo party!

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1

#47 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

You dig organophosphates?  I avoid them like the plague.

Not all GMOs are created equally, some are safer than others.

Construction of a genetically engineered microorganism that simultaneously degrades organochlorine and organophosphate pesticides.

#48 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:40 AM

Rare? Pathetic.

Encephalitis  http://www.mayoclini...on/con-20021917

Complications of severe illness

Injury to the brain from inflammation can result in a number of problems. The most severe cases can result in coma or death.

Other complications — varying greatly in severity — may persist for months or be permanent:

• Persistent fatigue
  • Weakness or lack of muscle coordination
  • Personality changes
  • Memory problems
  • Paralysis
  • Hearing or vision defects
  • Speech impairments

•  

http://www.mayoclini...ms/con-20021148

Oh my. They're the SAME.

• Ill informed x 3
  • dislike x 1

#49 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

Rare? Pathetic.

Encephalitis  http://www.mayoclini...on/con-20021917

Jesus-titty-*******-Christ. Encephalitis is caused by a lot more things than rare vaccine side-effects. Just because it's not super-rare overall, that doesn't mean it's all caused by vaccines.

Here's some vaccine safety data that you will probably ignore.

It makes me sad that I have to post this at all. It's like arguing with a Young-Earth Creationist.

• Agree x 2

#50 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Duh. Vaccines are primitive witchcraft.

You really don't get how mundane the one size fits all mixture of ingredients is in light of what the vaccine is tasked to perform?

Encephalitis complications are the same as the symptoms of autism.

I feel for anyone sad depending on your whacko vaccine decisions.

Edited by rapier, 26 May 2015 - 01:03 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • dislike x 1

#51 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

You really don't get how mundane the one size fits all mixture of ingredients is in light of what the vaccine is tasked to perform?

Encephalitis complications are the same as the symptoms of autism.

I feel for anyone sad depending on your whacko vaccine decisions.

I don't use vaccines. I just pray to the Lord God, and he heals me and my family, no medical care needed. It's far more scientific than vaccines.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#52 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Primitive witchcraft that has saved some estimated hundreds of millions of lifes during the course of the last century, one might add. Vaccines are one of the the most redeeming achievements of modern medicine and range right next to antibiotics in their importance to humanity. One could argue that they represent an even more advanced concept of medicine because instead of treating an existing infection, they gently stimulate the immune system to prevent an infection in the first place - and they mostly do so without causing any adverse effects whatsoever. They are based on a similar idea as homeopathy but in contrast to homeopathy they work.

Just think of the plight rabies was up to the early 20th century. A disease more deadly than ebola, all but eradicated from the Western World due to vaccination - like many other deadly diseaes. To spread FUD about vaccination or antibiotics is not only reckless but also pretty dumb, as it shows a lack of humility, education and imagination - which one requires to understand in what a profoundly priviliged world we are living in and arguing from today, compared to the world without those achievements of modern medicine.

Jesus-titty-*******-Christ. Encephalitis is caused by a lot more things than rare vaccine side-effects. Just because it's not super-rare overall, that doesn't mean it's all caused by vaccines.

It makes me sad that I have to post this at all. It's like arguing with a Young-Earth Creationist.

Some people just seem to have a penchant for paranoia. They are not accesible to rational arguments.

Maybe we as a society would be better off haloperidolating the water instead of fluoridating it :dry:

Edited by timar, 26 May 2015 - 02:08 PM.

• Agree x 2

#53 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

Vaccination advocates are too stupid to understand that the vaccine implementation and ingredients remain basically the same as pre modern science/medicine.

From the CDC site "Two adjuvants, aluminum and monophosphoryl lipid A, are used in some U.S. vaccines. Aluminum gels or aluminum salts are vaccine ingredients that have been used in vaccines since the 1930s. Small amounts of aluminum are added to help the body build stronger immunity against the germ in the vaccine. Aluminum is one of the most common metals found in nature and is present in air, food, and water. The amount of aluminum present in vaccines is low and is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). "

The CDC explanation is a ludicrous attempt to allude that the mentioned aluminum adjuvants, which are neurotoxins, are somehow safe because they've been used without question since the 1930s.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#54 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

The CDC statement is well justified and your quibbling only reveals the irrational and paranoid anti-vaccination progapanda you are spreading as such. One shot of a vaccine containing an alumina adjuvant (usually 0.5 mg/shot) equates the exposure from a cuple of cups of green or black tea, which generally contains 1-5 mg/l, factoring in the oral bioavailability. The estimated avarage intake (from all dietary sources) is ~10 mg/day. The avarage bioavailability of aluminum has been estimated at 0.3% from solution (water, tea) and 0.1% from food, so you end up with a daily ~100 mcg exposure - one fifth of the typical adjuvant dose. Hence vaccines would roughly double your natural alumium expsosure - if you'd get one shot every single week!

Conclusion: weighted against normal background levels, the exposure to aluminum from vaccines is totally neglibibile.

• Needs references x 2
  • Agree x 1

#55 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

The CDC statement is well justified and your quibbling only reveals the irrational and paranoid anti-vaccination progapanda you are spreading as such. One shot of a vaccine containing an alumina adjuvant (usually 0.5 mg/shot) equates the exposure from a cuple of cups of green or black tea, which generally contains 1-5 mg/l, factoring in the oral bioavailability. The estimated avarage intake (from all dietary sources) is ~10 mg/day. The avarage bioavailability of aluminum has been estimated at 0.3% from solution (water, tea) and 0.1% from food, so you end up with a daily ~100 mcg exposure - one fifth of the typical adjuvant dose. Hence vaccines would roughly double your natural alumium expsosure - if you'd get one shot every single week!

Conclusion: weighted against normal background levels, the exposure to aluminum from vaccines is totally neglibibile.

neglibibile. LMAO
The old even up ingestion injection comparison? Are you serious?

I'm not aware of any wee infants who drink tea.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12089908

Abstract Aluminum is naturally present in foods; the contents of aluminum may increase during cooking or technological processes, or during conditioning. The average aluminum intake for humans is 10 mg/day. In case of drug administration, the normal average intake may reach 50-1000 mg/day.

Edited by rapier, 26 May 2015 - 07:06 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#56 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Primitive witchcraft that has saved some estimated hundreds of millions of lifes during the course of the last century, one might add. Vaccines are one of the the most redeeming achievements of modern medicine and range right next to antibiotics in their importance to humanity. One could argue that they represent an even more advanced concept of medicine because instead of treating an existing infection, they gently stimulate the immune system to prevent an infection in the first place - and they mostly do so without causing any adverse effects whatsoever. They are based on a similar idea as homeopathy but in contrast to homeopathy they work.

Just think of the plight rabies was up to the early 20th century. A disease more deadly than ebola, all but eradicated from the Western World due to vaccination - like many other deadly diseaes. To spread FUD about vaccination or antibiotics is not only reckless but also pretty dumb, as it shows a lack of humility, education and imagination - which one requires to understand in what a profoundly priviliged world we are living in and arguing from today, compared to the world without those achievements of modern medicine.

Some people just seem to have a penchant for paranoia. They are not accesible to rational arguments.

Maybe we as a society would be better off haloperidolating the water instead of fluoridating it :dry:

Haloperidolating the water! :D :D :D I love it! I'm adding you to my friends just for that amazing quote!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#57 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Proposal 2: hydergine instead of haloperidol

vote yes on prop 2

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#58 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

The old even up ingestion injection comparison? Are you serious?

I'm not aware of any wee infants who drink tea.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12089908

Abstract Aluminum is naturally present in foods; the contents of aluminum may increase during cooking or technological processes, or during conditioning. The average aluminum intake for humans is 10 mg/day. In case of drug administration, the normal average intake may reach 50-1000 mg/day.

Of course I am serious, and in contrast to you I know what I am talking about. This is why I factored in oral bioavailablity above (do you know what that means?) Yes, an injection 0.5 mg aluminum is roughly equivalent to 50 mg of dietary aluminum. But I won't argue with you any further, as you have sufficiently shown your unwillingness or inability to accept any rational argument that could debunk your paranoid beliefs.

Btw., the "case of drug administration" in the paper you cited does of course not refer to vaccination but to the use of alumina hydroxide (bauxit) as an antacid. Other major sources of aluminum exposure are the use of alumina salts in baking agents, which is common in the US but banned in the EU, and the use of aluminum cookware.

Proposal 2: hydergine instead of haloperidol

vote yes on prop 2

God forbit! We don't need no dopamine agonist in the water supply, we need a f*cking antagonist!

Edited by timar, 27 May 2015 - 08:35 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#59 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

These fluoride arguments are ridiculous. One can rinse their mouth out with peroxide every day, indefinitely, and be just fine. Swallowing significant amounts is a whole separate issue. This is the same principal with fluoride. If you are eating toothpaste and drinking mouthwash, you're kinda fucked.

"All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison." - Paracelsus

Apple seeds actually have arsenic, and yet I have not gotten arsenic poisoning eating thousands of apple seeds in my life.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 rapier

• 104 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

These fluoride arguments are ridiculous. One can rinse their mouth out with peroxide every day, indefinitely, and be just fine. Swallowing significant amounts is a whole separate issue. This is the same principal with fluoride. If you are eating toothpaste and drinking mouthwash, you're kinda fucked.

"All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison." - Paracelsus

Apple seeds actually have arsenic, and yet I have not gotten arsenic poisoning eating thousands of apple seeds in my life.

Inject finely ground apple seeds with a fluid used by the vaccine of your choice and what do you surmise will happen to you? I'd venture you're kinda fucked.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurotoxicity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users