• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Adherence technologies (remembering supplements)

adherence remebering to use supplements

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

Hi folks

I read that many people mean well yet omit taking voluntary medications.  The CDC says it is about 51 per 100 people that actually use medications as directed http://www.cdc.gov/p...rence-01ccd.pdf.  The Merck Corporation says 75 out of 100 omit taking medications as directed https://www.youtube....h?v=7TdBDBt7ggs.  

The phrase researchers use to describe this phenomena is adherence. 

As a longevity immortalism supporter creating new ways that people could be more voluntarily adherent is beneficial.   I am making a youtube video about a new adherence technology, putting push through RFID foil on multipillpaks, that way a computer database is updated when people neglect to remember their voluntary medication.

Attached File  rfid autoscan voluntary pill paks like contraceptives.png   578.64KB   2 downloads

• like x 1

#2 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

I think it's quite a good idea with a slight problem. The people who need the reminders most, are the least likely to use that kind of technology., even getting to a youtube video without being showed by relatives, nonetheless understanding it, might be a feet for some of the 60/70+ population, especially those with symptoms of Dementia. I recommend some marketing research if you are serious about this and are willing to put the time in. But yes, it could be quite useful.

Good luck man.

P.S. What programming languages do you know?

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 08 May 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:48 PM

Text of the youtube video

Combine RFID (NFC) with Push Through Pill Paks to improve voluntary medication adherence

Saving tens of thousands of lives annually.

OMGishy!!!

Another person, Professor Andres Pous invented this and got a few patents. Use their technology to save the lives of possibly millions of people

(10k annually at the US, 40-100K globally, or about a million from 2004 to 2014)

You go Professor Pous!

Patent: Blister Package Integrating RFID Based Tags EP 2040995 A1

This could also be used with cardiovascular wellness medications or multipillpacks

RFID or NFC sensors at pharmacies or even handyphones that note the amount of medication voluntarily used at a pill pack then update a database;
people get a telephone message or online update if the software thinks they are skipping their voluntary medication

Medication prescriptions never filled: 20% to 30%
Medication not continued as prescribed in about 50% of cases
Source: The World Health Organization

This could also be used with cardiovascular wellness medications or multipillpaks

Voluntary medication adherence saves lives. Researchers at the CVS corporation suggest that using their adherence technologies tens of thousands of US lives are savable annually. This technology amplifies those lifesavings further. References

The recently noted Patent: Blister Package Integrating RFID Based Tags EP 2040995 A1

“This enables NFC targets to take very simple form factors such as tags, stickers, key fobs, or cards that do not require batteries” Wikipedia

United States CDC source Medication Adherence-01ccd-1.pdf

http://www.cvshealth...research-ins...

Now that I just found out that Professor Pous thought of this idea first, I am wondering

Could Professor Pous just communicate with an MIT or Harvard student, have them make slight technology improvement like NFC or the thickness of foil that is both easily dispensive as well as electromagnetically responsive?

Then use the technology transfer offices of these demonstrated as highly functional universities to promote the beneficial technology.

Edited by treonsverdery, 20 May 2015 - 08:51 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users