LSD abolishes my anhedonia

lsd anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

So ive been weekly dosing a single tab of LSD. I've fallen in love with the drug, simply because it abolishes my anhedonia / dp for the day.

My symptoms for the last few years:

Zero ability to feel emotions

Tiredness

Bad disassocation

Cannot feel pleasure physically / sexually

No libido.

LSD gives me emotions, it stimulates me, it destroys the disassocation via creating a connection the environment around me,

it turns me into a sexual beast.

I tried microdosing but i dont get the effects like this. Is there anything i can take daily that will make me feel alive like this?

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

Not the first time I've heard that 5-ht2a agonists (psychedelics) help with anhedonia.

Have you tried Ginseng (non-psychedelic agonist of the receptor) or St. John's Wort (to upregulate 5-ht2a)?

On the other hand if LSD works therapeutically I don't see a problem taking it long-term if side effects don't occur.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

So ive been weekly dosing a single tab of LSD. I've fallen in love with the drug, simply because it abolishes my anhedonia / dp for the day.

How many weeks have you been doing this? What dosage is it?

#4 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Never take it more than once in 5 days.  Trust a brother who learned the hard way!  By increasing the frequency of use, you will make your baseline mood worse by depending on its mood-enhancing effects, and when attempting to quit you will feel more tired/depressed/dissociated/shittier/below baseline as compared to before your experiment.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#5 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

Haven't tried lsd but yea I get a definite afterglow from shrooms, lasts like a week. Although, shrooms are temperamental hard to get that life changing experience every time. Once a week is still probably too often for shrooms at least. And since I was put on lamotrigine something has always been missing from the experience... I really miss it and want it back. :/

#6 evoluminate

• 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

Is there anything i can take daily that will make me feel alive like this?

DMT / ayahuasca won't build tolerance like LSD does.

It takes a bit more effort to navigate the experience though, but drinking ayahuasca definitely gives an excellent moodlift for several days afterwards. 

While you wouldn't be able to function like you can on lower doses of LSD, it wouldn't be a problem (tolerance wise) to drink it every evening & gain its profits. It just takes more to handle properly, but it can be learnt for sure.

• Agree x 1

#7 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

2C-x family of phenethylamines seems to have a shorter tolerance period.

Different methods of taking the drug will reduce the tolerance period... ie IV IM, intranasal, sublingual. Obviously not possible with LSD

There is a lysergamide research chemical called AL-LAD, never tried it but its duration is supposedly shorter like 6 hours so you can assume less tolerance. 

But TBH taking any of these drugs daily probably won't give you that antidepressant effect over the long run. Hell how can you realistically drop a tab after work every day and get to bed and wake up for the next day. Acid trips are like 12 hours. 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

#8 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:56 AM

How many weeks have you been doing this? What dosage is it?

for a couple months so far. single tab of around 120-140ug.

#9 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:01 AM

Never take it more than once in 5 days.  Trust a brother who learned the hard way!  By increasing the frequency of use, you will make your baseline mood worse by depending on its mood-enhancing effects, and when attempting to quit you will feel more tired/depressed/dissociated/shittier/below baseline as compared to before your experiment.

i can see this happening, because to feel alive again feels so good. the only other substance that can do this is NSI-189, though still libido is non existant.

Ah life and its mysteries, anhedonia is one the worst things you can get.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#10 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

Not the first time I've heard that 5-ht2a agonists (psychedelics) help with anhedonia.

Have you tried Ginseng (non-psychedelic agonist of the receptor) or St. John's Wort (to upregulate 5-ht2a)?

On the other hand if LSD works therapeutically I don't see a problem taking it long-term if side effects don't occur.

I have tried st johns wort for some time in the past, it helps with sexual pleasure but nothing for disassocation and tiredness. It seems most legal drugs can only touch a couple of my symptoms but never all of them at once.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#11 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

Acid nowadays is usually underdosed to more like 50-100ug unless you know the source I wouldn't count on it being that high.

• Ill informed x 1

#12 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

How long did you try st johns for?  For me around the three-week-mark, it reduced self-pity, restored some euthymia, but it made me restless, anxious, irritable, and caused physical side effects.

NSI-189 probably is safer and more effective than LSD.

An hour exercise daily and a strict, healthy diet may go a long way in alleviating depression and other mental illness.

Consider also that dissociation may not be a symptom common or unique to depression.

I wouldn't call 50µg a tiny dose.  Anything above 40µg can be intense, especially if more than two tabs are taken; below 25 is tiny.

Edited by gamesguru, 19 May 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#13 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:21 AM

I tried it for a couple months. It also made me irritable and in a state of malaise, main issue was just wanting to sleep the days away. But sex was good.

#14 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Acid nowadays is usually underdosed to more like 50-100ug unless you know the source I wouldn't count on it being that high.

Acid should be 250 mcg. At least that's what it was in the '60's.

But here's one potential answer.

Paul Stamets, who owns Fungi Perfecti, wrote a book on psilocybin in 1978. 

http://www.fungi.com...ul-stamets.html

I quit acid after I tried shrooms, because they were so much more "natural."

Gentle.

A friend of his and mine told me that he takes psilocybin mushrooms every day, so...

...something to consider.

#15 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

Ive taken psilocybin a couple times. It made me sedated, and its far more trippy/disassociated than acid.

For some reason i just want to lay down and listen to music on shrooms.

Acid is far better in my opinion, at least for me.

However, the comedown on shrooms is amazing. That nostalgic feeling and completely free of the depressive cloud.

Acid gives me that while im on it, then i get a slight hangover on the comedown. Shrooms is trippy as hell and i cant function on it normally.

I could quite easily go out on the town on acid, and live and think normally, completely anhedonia free.

#16 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

Paul Stamet's 1978 book was Psilocybe Mushrooms and Their Allies, said to be out of print, but I just received a copy from Amazon.

#17 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

Of course he felt they were natural, you're feelings often agree with your prejudice or bias, and he knew the fungus was found in nature, whereas LSD was semi-synthetic. One can't help but think of the jungle on shrooms, test tubes and modern life on acid.

Try closer to 150µg, 250 is a lot.  It might be gentle, introspective, provocative; clearer and sharper and more lucid than shrooms.  Also, a friend could suggest he stop taking them everyday...something to consider.

• Disagree x 1

#18 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Of course he felt they were natural, you're feelings often agree with your prejudice or bias, and he knew the fungus was found in nature, whereas LSD was semi-synthetic. One can't help but think of the jungle on shrooms, test tubes and modern life on acid.

Try closer to 150µg, 250 is a lot.  It might be gentle, introspective, provocative; clearer and sharper and more lucid than shrooms.  Also, a friend could suggest he stop taking them everyday...something to consider.

Excuse me, not to be rude but, having been a part of the 1967 "Summer of Love" and having taken LSD over 300 times, 250 mcg was the dose that was common, because we copied LSD's creator:

"April 19, 1943, Hofmann performed a self-experiment to determine the true effects of LSD, intentionally ingesting 0.25 milligrams (250 micrograms) of the substance, an amount he predicted to be a threshold dose (an actual threshold dose is 20 micrograms).[7]  

Were I to take it today I would look for a 250 mcg dose, as that dose works and worked every weekend for some years with friends. Every weekend we would take someone that was "straight" -- meaning a suit and tie type - on their first "trip." 

Ah, the '60's!"

• Enjoying the show x 2

#19 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

I also believe that Paul considers taking 'shrooms to be spiritual nutrition, which is best taken every day to nourish the soul. 

In a similar manner, I regularly consume Maitake and other anti-cancer mushrooms for best long-term health.

Now it might be considered for those that suffer anhedonia that something that Mother Nature put here and that world authority Paul Stamet takes every day might be a better "medicine" than man-made molecules/drugs. Perhaps.

Were I suffering from anhedonia and struggling for a solution, I would likely consider it.

• WellResearched x 1

#20 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

Were I to take it today I would look for a 250 mcg dose, as that dose works and worked every weekend for some years [before the magic finally ran out]

Trust me, 150 is sufficient to elicit a full range of effects w/o being as overwhelming.  Even if you've never taken less than 250 at once, 150 won't disappoint.

Now it might be considered for those that suffer anhedonia that something that Mother Nature put here and that world authority Paul Stamet takes every day might be a better "medicine" than man-made molecules/drugs. Perhaps.

Or perhaps it's less effective and more unsafe, because you expect random effects/pharmcodynamics from a random chemical.  That's why the glycosides in hemlock are much more fatal than MSG. Sorry to burst your romanticized bubble.  I feel as though I may be talking to Mushroom John aka MJ Shroomer.

Were I struggling with anhedonia, I would consider changes in exercise and diet as a starting point.

Edited by gamesguru, 19 May 2015 - 05:22 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#21 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

mikey, its very obvous you are victim of your ego from overdosing of psychedelics at this point. look at you talk. i always hated psychedelic addicts, super egos.

• Enjoying the show x 2

#22 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

I could quite easily go out on the town on acid, and live and think normally, completely anhedonia free.

How do you know this is really what you think it is?

• Enjoying the show x 1

#23 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Sounds like less than 200 micrograms to me..

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#24 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Come on man, it's surely let down his social barriers, made him extroverted, confident, the life of the party, making friends, attracting woman, meditating, sorting out dissonance in his personal and career life, this motherfcker on top of the world.  Or he's strolled through a rainy town without making any interaction, only to return to a TV dinner in his messy, lonely apartment. But probably the first one.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Agree x 1

#25 shaister

• 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Jaiho, if your capable of obtaining LSD, I assume you are capable of obtaining psychedelic phenethylamine's such as 2C-I.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#26 jaiho

• Topic Starter
  • 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

I'm already all those things gamesguru. My depression isnt a mood disorder, it's a genetic one i believe. LSD just relieves the DP / Grey cloud ive been living under for years.

I don't know what 2C-I is, i'll look it up.

#27 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:37 AM

LSD is one of those things where it can cure depression or make it severely worse.
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#28 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

relying on what i consider now an ancient synthetic medicine for depression is ridiculous. im not even going to bother discussing its side effects from friends who i knew abusing lsd in the past and first establishing huge egos and then becoming major arrogant ignorant idiots but also how it doesnt work against the time. this is the time, keep up with the new and not the old. lsd is outdated, it wont last and it only be reffered to as a joke in 50 years from now.

• Disagree x 6
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#29 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

mikey, its very obvous you are victim of your ego from overdosing of psychedelics at this point. look at you talk. i always hated psychedelic addicts, super egos.

Jeez. I just tell some history and get attacked from people that can't spell for having "ego" and from "overdosing" when I was a 14-year old kid wrapped up in the hippy world.

How harsh can it be?

I think you need to take some acid and mellow out and maybe you won't be a "hater."

Or better yet, be curious why a world authority mycologist thinks life is better taking psilocybin every day.

Steve Jobs was right. It was probably the single most profound thing that completely changed my life forever, in a good way.

Wish'n some uptight haters could take a trip and join the magical mystery.

"Rollalala. Join up with the mystery tour!"

• Agree x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

I'm already all those things gamesguru. My depression isnt a mood disorder, it's a genetic one i believe. LSD just relieves the DP / Grey cloud ive been living under for years.

Please look up fasoracetam. It is life-changing.

25 mg fasoracetam sublingual, please 500 mg of aniracetam swallowed in a bit of vodka to dissolve it well can make a depressed person that feels "helpless" lose the depression and gain becoming in charge of their world.

- 2C's are very hard to get. Quite illegal.

Sounds like less than 200 micrograms to me..

Yep. 200 ug would work well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users