LSD abolishes my anhedonia

lsd anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

- 2C's are very hard to get. Quite illegal.

Some are illegal some are legal, it also depends where you live. In the UK they are probably all illegal. Whereas Canada only a couple are illegal. 

Just do some research and you can find one that is legal, and find a source for it online fairly easily. 

You basically need to order them online. And I hear Australian customs are pretty tough. Though if it is not illegal and properly labelled I do not see why it wouldn't get through.

2c-I, 2c-b are pretty much illegal everywhere are hard to find. 2c-e, 2c-p, 2c-d can be found and are not neccessarily illegal where you live.

#32 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Better to stick to good old non-toxic LSD than some relatively unknown newcomers with possibility for fatal overdoses..

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:00 PM

Better to stick to good old non-toxic LSD than some relatively unknown newcomers with possibility for fatal overdoses..

Probably, LSD, DMT, mescaline, and psilocybin are all quite safe. The LD50 is extremely high for LSD, and psilocybin in particular.

Although 2c-x are not particularly new they just have reached the public domain more recently because of the internet. Most of the available analogues have been researched by Alexander Shulgin in PIHKAL. 2c-b was used in psychiatry/psychotherapy just as mdma was in the 1970s. Doubt the analogues are much more toxic but who knows. 

#34 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Do you think they are all quite safe on the mind, even when abused in conjunction with cannabis or alcohol for years on end?

You see, Shulgin did nothing to evaluate the long-term mental dangers.  Probably he realized the immense scope of the task, and knew it was beyond his ability or thinking, because later on he admitted MDMA was not safe to use every week, and advised at most a hit every twelve weeks....but for him and Anne the damage had been done by this point, the magic lost, and it was never fully repaired/recovered, like most mollyheads.

What does Hofmann, smarter than Leary, McKenna, Alpert, and Shulgin combined, have to say?

Deliberate provocation of mystical experience, particularly by LSD and related hallucinogens, in contrast to spontaneous visionary experiences, entails dangers that must not be underestimated.

• Good Point x 1

#35 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:33 AM

Do you think they are all quite safe on the mind, even when abused in conjunction with cannabis or alcohol for years on end?

You see, Shulgin did nothing to evaluate the long-term mental dangers.  Probably he realized the immense scope of the task, and knew it was beyond his ability or thinking, because later on he admitted MDMA was not safe to use every week, and advised at most a hit every twelve weeks....but for him and Anne the damage had been done by this point, the magic lost, and it was never fully repaired/recovered, like most mollyheads.

What does Hofmann, smarter than Leary, McKenna, Alpert, and Shulgin combined, have to say?

Deliberate provocation of mystical experience, particularly by LSD and related hallucinogens, in contrast to spontaneous visionary experiences, entails dangers that must not be underestimated.

I am just giving information, the OP wants to use LSD every week and I am just listing alternatives that might have less tolerance. And in regards to psychedelic abuse/addiction it is really hard to become addicted because using them on consecutive days or bingeing for hours in a row results in immediate and strong tolerance. Also people don't tend to abuse psychedelics because the experiences tend to be very intense and exhausting. The one way to abuse psychedelics I have heard of is as a form of escapism. But anyhow OP can make his own decisions, I am just giving information. And yes all drugs are bad when they are abused but drugs can be great tools when used responsibly. 

Shulgin did not do formal human trials because he was a chemist and there was no demand for such trails. The war on drugs had already begun.

870px-Drug_danger_and_dependence-no_titl

I have seen other research saying similar things.

• Informative x 1

#36 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

mikey, its very obvous you are victim of your ego from overdosing of psychedelics at this point. look at you talk. i always hated psychedelic addicts, super egos.

Jeez. I just tell some history and get attacked from people that can't spell for having "ego" and from "overdosing" when I was a 14-year old kid wrapped up in the hippy world.

How harsh can it be?

I think you need to take some acid and mellow out and maybe you won't be a "hater."

Or better yet, be curious why a world authority mycologist thinks life is better taking psilocybin every day.

Steve Jobs was right. It was probably the single most profound thing that completely changed my life forever, in a good way.

Wish'n some uptight haters could take a trip and join the magical mystery.

"Rollalala. Join up with the mystery tour!"

whoa, what an egotistical asshole. i guess lsd has fingerprinted itself deep into your cerebrum.

• dislike x 3
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#37 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Drug lethality is not drug harm.  A drug may be very non-toxic to the body, yet result in organic brain syndrome.

Marijuana can't kill you, but it can kill your college performance. ;)

• Agree x 2
  • dislike x 1

#38 shaister

• 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

mikey, its very obvous you are victim of your ego from overdosing of psychedelics at this point. look at you talk. i always hated psychedelic addicts, super egos.

Jeez. I just tell some history and get attacked from people that can't spell for having "ego" and from "overdosing" when I was a 14-year old kid wrapped up in the hippy world.

How harsh can it be?

I think you need to take some acid and mellow out and maybe you won't be a "hater."

Or better yet, be curious why a world authority mycologist thinks life is better taking psilocybin every day.

Steve Jobs was right. It was probably the single most profound thing that completely changed my life forever, in a good way.

whoa, what an egotistical asshole. i guess lsd has fingerprinted itself deep into your cerebrum.

Ahahah, It's ironic that some people convince themselves that their is some sort of cosmic riddle to be solved and that they solve that riddle by taking psychedelics because Carl Jung explained in 'Man and his Symbols" that as the dark side of the "Self" and instead of proving to yourself Mikey that you have obtained the secret correlation between psychical matter and physical matter ( Secrets of the universe theme) you instead are unaware that you endure in self-delusion and ignorance.

Anyway psychedelics amplify the subconscious permanently and by ego-dissolution can allow you to with more ease to observe the stream of images that comes across the mind because of active imagination and are from the personal unconscious or collective unconscious. Personally speaking from my own experience it seems I have had images and or hallucinations that were remedial symbols for emotional disease.

It's also said by research that Psilocybin can decrease anxiety in a specific part of the brain, but I've also read that psilocybin was used by covert operations to induce anxiety and amplify fear of death. Which I guess why some people who enjoy psychedelics cry at the thoughts of death that turn into feelings. But it all depends upon who you are and if you are able to get past the "Dying Process" which you can learn about by searching on youtube for: Manuel Schoch - Dying Process.

Sorry for deviating from the topic Jaiho, but there is a way to cure this "illness" through an alternative method regardless of what drugs you've token or no matter how you have developed Anhedonia and Emotional Blunting. And Itstrevor did that by simply observing for a few months unfortunately because of this "illness" this is something you fall into and not directly done. I did this by simply watching a movie. Anyway Jaiho to understand what I am saying go watch that video I had instructed to watch. Also with observation drugs are much more effective which is said by Manuel Schoch but this is basically a matter of increasing your chances of healing constantly until you do.  

• unsure x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#39 shaister

• 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

Drug lethality is not drug harm.  A drug may be very non-toxic to the body, yet result in organic brain syndrome.

Marijuana can't kill you, but it can kill your college performance. ;)

Completely disagree on a personal level because I have a twinkling sensation in my brain when using marijuana that is indicative of healing and also am more able to focus and experience intuition

#40 shaister

• 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

Sorry forgot to mention also check "Why people don't heal"

#41 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I have a twinkling sensation in my brain when using marijuana that is indicative of healing and also am more able to focus and experience intuition

Haha. Good luck with that.

Edit: the author is a female above 25% bodyfat, I don't take any nutritional advice from fat people, just like I don't take relationship advice from virgins.

Edited by gamesguru, 21 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#42 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

I have a twinkling sensation in my brain when using marijuana that is indicative of healing and also am more able to focus and experience intuition

Haha. Good luck with that.

Edit: the author is a female above 25% bodyfat, I don't take any nutritional advice from fat people, just like I don't take relationship advice from virgins.

I'm about 9% body fat, male, am not a virgin, and I'd agree probably one of the only good parts about THC is how it boosts intuition (at the expense of every other cognitive process).

I also lol a little inside when someone posts Jungian/Freudian ideas in a serious context in an attempt to explain any brain process.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Disagree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#43 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

How creative can you be if your memory is impaired?

I doubt 9% bodyfat, this is 15% as measured by calipers

[attachment=13130:IMG_0663.JPG][attachment=13131:IMG_0624.JPG]

Edited by gamesguru, 21 May 2015 - 05:31 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#44 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

gamesguru = troll. someone shove lsd up his ass and throw him off the forum

• Cheerful x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • dislike x 1

#45 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

Dichotomy: Jung was pretty spot on with personality traits, though. Also this thread = ayylmao.

#46 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:01 AM

Sounds like you need to get on a plane to South America...

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • dislike x 1

#47 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

How harsh can it be?

Ahahah, It's ironic that some people convince themselves that their is some sort of cosmic riddle to be solved and that they solve that riddle by taking psychedelics because Carl Jung explained in 'Man and his Symbols" that as the dark side of the "Self" and instead of proving to yourself Mikey that you have obtained the secret correlation between psychical matter and physical matter ( Secrets of the universe theme) you instead are unaware that you endure in self-delusion and ignorance.

Blah, Blah, Blah. You’ve gone over the edge in judging me, another human being with my own free choice.

I live a very productive life. LSD contributed greatly to it, about 40 years ago.

That's my opinion and yet you think that you have a right to judge my opinion and interpret me as "egotistical" and “delusional” and “ignorant” and yet, somehow I've been given multiple awards for public service, been interviewed for my work in dozens of media and continue to do things that change the world, while being given a lifetime achievement award for public service in March.

What have you done for the planet?

Get a life! And leave others to choose theirs without you trying to put them in a box.

You need some LSD or ‘shrooms to open your mind and quit thinking that you know what’s best for others.

• Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#48 burnlife

• 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

I feel you man. 

Psychedelics are like the unique key that fits into this lock and nothing else quite works so well. To have feeling restored, to go from dissociation to a clear sense of self and purpose, to go from a dull world to one filled with excitement. Other substances can motivate you, they can give you some of that feeling back, make a few things brighter, but nothing is quite as clean of a fix as a trip. For you and me, a psychedelic trip is a foray into normality instead of the godhead. 

I haven't found an acceptable solution yet, so I'm still looking for a way to make normal an everyday feeling. 

I'll say that meditation definitely helps. It doesn't get you all the way there, but it fixes a lot. That said, the benefits are lost when you stop meditating on a regular basis.

For substances, certain psychedelics offer hope.

For one thing, there is DMT. Studies report not tolerance build up. But there's a caveat. DMT is very short-acting compared to other tryptamines. If you were to attempt to use it as a 'medicine' throughout the day, you may very well see the same kind of tolerance build up that longer-acting tryptamines have. If you check out the nexus, you'll hear that people do get a little tolerance to ayahuasca after several consecutive days. 

Another possibility is phenethylamines. There are even papers claiming that mescaline does not produce tolerance. Various users have said that it does result in tolerance, though. But there is the possibility that the tolerance build-up is sufficiently small that, at least microdosing is possible. LSD isn't great for microdosing, but psychedelics that are could produce cumulative effects with time.

At the end of the day, the magic of psychedelics is probably glutamate release. I guess that can be said for a lot of things, but there is evidence that the key receptor at play is the mglur2 receptor so there is a specific target for you. It is an inhibitory receptor and the 5-HT2A-mglur2 heterodimer results in a decrease in activity at mglur2. You could try an mglur2 antagonist, which would be some strangely-named research chemical. You could try substances that increase activity at the other Mglu receptors. Maybe ampakines could be helpful, too. The effects described seem to mirror psychedelic effects to a degree. 

These are just possible solutions that I've thought about. Nothing here is safe. Mess with glutamate and you risk literally frying your brain with excitotoxicity. Weekly LSD is potentially dangerous. While it has not been proven to be neurotoxic, here is something to be concerned about. Granted, they claim this to model schizophrenia in animals and the effects seem nothing like what schizophrenics experience (aside from the social withdrawal). Who knows what could happen if you use some psychedelic daily. But few risks seem too great when you live like a soul-less lump of flesh.

Edited by burnlife, 24 May 2015 - 04:50 AM.

#49 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

How harsh can it be?

Blah, Blah, Blah. You’ve gone over the edge in judging me, another human being with my own free choice.

I live a very productive life. LSD contributed greatly to it, about 40 years ago.

That's my opinion and yet you think that you have a right to judge my opinion and interpret me as "egotistical" and “delusional” and “ignorant” and yet, somehow I've been given multiple awards for public service, been interviewed for my work in dozens of media and continue to do things that change the world, while being given a lifetime achievement award for public service in March.

What have you done for the planet?

Get a life! And leave others to choose theirs without you trying to put them in a box.

You need some LSD or ‘shrooms to open your mind and quit thinking that you know what’s best for others.

oh really? you are some celebrity figure? who are you to to ask if not secret?

btw, with the "I did this, I did that, I have acomplished a lot, I am important and have you reached the same" is ironic reply to me calling egoistical, arrogant and ignorant. h

from what i can gather, like all the people i met on LSD, you have a severe complex of self importance it seems.

Edited by normalizing, 24 May 2015 - 10:34 AM.

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#50 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Aw, gamesguru, you were doing so well until you called women with more than 25% body fat "fat", while making an otherwise worthy point.  25% is definitely a bit fat for a man, but is on the slim side of normal for a woman.  Even "pudgy" doesn't begin before 30% for women, depending on age.  Just sayin' .  Continue... :)

Oh, wait...  To the original question, would the OP consider a simpler approach?  Anhedonia seems to be about faulty reward circuits in the brain, so something very straightforward, safe and legal to try is nutrition that supports better dopamine and noradrenaline levels.  For example, a higher protein diet and/or supplementation with L-Tyrosine (the amino acid precursor of those neurotransmitters), or herbs such as Mucuna.  Worth a try, I'd say. 

• Needs references x 2
  • unsure x 1

#51 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

25% is getting chunky in my books, though you are free to choose whatever standard of beauty you prefer.

if you think the woman on the far right is just beginning to get pudgy, that's your choice.

i think the 20% woman is ideal

bodyfat_examples.jpg

Edited by gamesguru, 24 May 2015 - 07:03 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • dislike x 1

#52 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

gamesguru whats with you and the thrill of posting pics of muscles of men and body fat of women? you are some strange cat

#53 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

gamesguru whats with you and the thrill of posting pics of muscles of men and body fat of women? you are some strange cat

Those muscles are mine, 155lbs     5'10"    15%bf.  Eight months ago I started lifting weights again for the first time since high school, so it's understandable I take pride in them and want to show them off.  Does it take a strange cat to post these in facebook albums?  Seems more studly than strange.  While most guys are busy developing their beer gut, I'm busy developing my muscles.  Muscles are like gold, valuable, healthy, attractive; fat is like coal, worthless, unhealthy, ugly.

Here's 220lbs   12% bf, makes me look like a twig

As for the women, it started with the lifestyle-advice book by the not-so-fit woman.  If you've never dated/kissed a girl, you don't have much experience or credibility to advise others.  Likewise, if you cannot attain, let alone maintain, an impressive fitness level, you don't have business giving advice to people besides yourself; get some street smarts, experience is the true test of knowledge.  What rustled my feathers further was the claim of 9% bodyfat w/o pics.  If he has decent muscle mass, you have no idea how impressive 9% will look.  Shredded.  I'm calling e-stat/bluff.

I'm about 9% body fat

Edited by gamesguru, 25 May 2015 - 01:40 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#54 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

moar pics pls

#55 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

last ones

[attachment=13143:IMG0631.JPG] [attachment=13144:IMG_0651.JPG]

and would you look at her....moar here

638412101.jpg

Edited by gamesguru, 25 May 2015 - 05:39 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#56 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

gamesguru then go hang out on body building forums, why come here to post pics and show off?

#57 burnlife

• 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

gamesguru started this thread making an apparently reasonable argument: why not try more conventional cures to depression before taking LSD?

By page 2, we're seeing pointless posts in which he shows off his muscles.

I take him at his word when he said:

In the spirit of his own prescription, why should anyone take advice on achieving healthier mental states from someone who sees nothing wrong with derailing a suffering human being's call for help with multiple posts containing pictures of his musculature? 

• Agree x 1

#58 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:47 AM

I gave empathetic advice, thanks for pointing out. Sorry for hijacking it and all, just couldn't resist the urges to be critical of others.

There's a word describing your last sentence, it's an ad hominem.  Despite my social problems, I can still attain at least some of the 'healthier spiritual states' which you can.

I'm standing by my claim that if you've no street-smarts (you've never had a good physique and you've never dated/kissed a girl) you'd better have dam good book-smarts or keep your mouth shut.  Her book can't be that sensational.

But in dealing with family and your significant other, if you're going to learn anything from observing one with a superiority complex, it's how not to interact with your close ones.  And I'm not offering any advice on how to be with others, I'd make a total laughing stock of myself if I ever tried.

• Agree x 1

#59 shaister

• 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

gamesguru started this thread making an apparently reasonable argument: why not try more conventional cures to depression before taking LSD?

By page 2, we're seeing pointless posts in which he shows off his muscles.

I take him at his word when he said:

In the spirit of his own prescription, why should anyone take advice on achieving healthier mental states from someone who sees nothing wrong with derailing a suffering human being's call for help with multiple posts containing pictures of his musculature? 

This isn't depression it's Anhedonia, emotional blunting and alexthymia. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

^ that can lead to depression or be side effects of depression

• Enjoying the show x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users