* * * * * 1 votes

LSD abolishes my anhedonia

lsd anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 burnlife

• 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

Realize that you are just playing games with the word 'anhedonia'. Just because it denotes an absence of feeling does not mean that one does not suffer. People going through long periods of anhedonia would often say that they would rather feel negative emotions than nothing at all. If that's not a sign of suffering, I don't know what is. 

• Good Point x 1

#62 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

I'm standing by my claim that if you've no street-smarts (you've never had a good physique and you've never dated/kissed a girl) you'd better have dam good book-smarts or keep your mouth shut.  Her book can't be that sensational.

That, and the rest of the post was very poetic,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Anhedonia? I experience a full spectrum of emotions on the daily, full-blown ambivalence. This morning I felt happy for my friend who recently got his pay bumped from $16 to $28 hourly, but I also felt jealous and envious, cause shit, now he's making more than me, and he has a girlfriend while I've never been kissed. FML

• Enjoying the show x 1

#64 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

A Single Dose of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide Influences Gene Expression Patterns within the Mammalian Brain

A third nuclear transcription factor induced by LSD is NOR1

nor-1 Regulates Hippocampal Axon Guidance, Pyramidal Cell Survival, and Seizure Susceptibility

data indicate that nor-1 plays a critical role in neuronal survival and axonal guidance in the developing murine hippocampus and that hippocampal dysgenesis in nor-1−/− mice may be an underlying cause of seizure susceptibility.

Edited by gamesguru, 18 August 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#65 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

lsd seemed to influence alcohol in such way, that speeding on the highway at 60+ miles everything felt like a slow-mo action.

#66 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

... In addition to nuclear transcription factors, genes encoding for other classes of proteins were induced by LSD administration. Perhaps one of the most interesting of these is arc (activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein). Arc is classified as an immediate early gene because of its rapid induction after stimulation ... Arc protein and mRNA are both specifically localized to dendrites, and arc is predicted to be involved in cytoskeletal rearrangements during the process of synaptic plasticity (Lyford et al. 1995) ... LSD produced a robust fivefold increase in arc expression in the prefrontal cortex ... Arc gene expression was not increased in the hippocampus by LSD and was not detectable in the midbrain region.

Chronic LSD alters gene expression profiles in the mPFC

Chronic administration of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) every other day to rats results in a variety of abnormal behaviors. These build over the 90 day course of treatment and can persist at full strength for years after cessation of treatment.  The behaviors are consistent with those observed in animal models of schizophrenia and include hyperactivity, reduced sucrose-preference, and decreased social interaction ... RNA-sequencing on the medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC), an area highly associated with both the actions of LSD and the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and other psychiatric illnesses. We observed widespread changes in the neurogenetic state of treated animals four weeks after cessation of LSD treatment. QPCR was used to validate a subset of gene expression changes observed with RNA-Seq, and confirmed a significant correlation between the two methods. Functional clustering analysis indicates differentially expressed genes are enriched in pathways involving neurotransmission (Drd2, Gabrb1), synaptic plasticity (Nr2a, Krox20), energy metabolism (Atp5d, Ndufa1) and neuropeptide signaling (Npy, Bdnf), among others.

Prefrontal cortical and striatal transcriptional responses to the reinforcing effect of repeated methylphenidate treatment

Together, these changes indicate methylphenidate-induced neurotoxicity, altered synaptic and neuronal plasticity, energy metabolism and ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation in the brains of methylphenidate-treated rats, which showed methylphenidate conditioned place preference and self-administration. In addition, these findings may also reflect cognitive impairment associated with chronic methylphenidate use as demonstrated in preclinical studies

Edited by gamesguru, 19 August 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#67 spira_dream

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

what caused all of your all's adhedonia? mine is from neuroleptics, long time tripper ; might as well give this a trial run. . good enough theory for me! ;)

#68 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

No idea, really. I've never done prescription SSRI's nor drugs except some alcoholism. For me anhedonia is chronic, at least 10+ years by now with def. excaberation of libido issues (after a stress episode).

I think it is somehow related to stress. This summer, I've got a few days of reversal of ED for no specific reason (maybe sunlight). In fact, for the first time in my life, I was getting spontaneous erections.

The only coinciding factor was travel to a different country, so my theory is, that I suffer from situational depression (which is afaik extremely hard to cure with pharmacology alone).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#69 spira_dream

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Interesting how conditions co-relate. My is fairly structural from a nerve seizing agent. 

Have you tried tianeptine? Is is benign and targets stress-related depression in a clever, multi-faceted way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users