• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Long time users of noopept please respond

noopept long term neurogenesis neuroplasticity brain plasticity toxicity rewire fear modulation reinforce permanent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tek8

• 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

I am a recent user of noopept (2 months). Noopept is an amazing substance, having tried ani oxi prami, selank semax nothing comes close to this. I would continue taking noopept as long as I have to, but I don't want to rely on a substance for the rest of my life. So my main interest is in whether long term use can result in positive permanent changes that can rewire the brain to keep functioning in a positive and assertive manner. For example, the fear modulating effects of noopept is such a wonderful benefit that I am able to recognize and break the usual negative patterns of passive avoidance and the 'closing off' from strangers/sources of anxiety. I realized these behaviors actually reinforce the negative mindset and also the behavior. It would be great if long term usage of noopept would lead to a permanent formation of positive habits, and that these effects would not disappear when no longer ingesting the substance. 

It would be great to hear some feedback from long time users, regarding how long you've taken noopept, and whether you've seen long term benefits from it (ie brain plasticity, neurogenesis), what kind of benefits, which benefit do you appreciate in particular. I heard that noopept is an endogenous peptide, which brings some personal concern as to whether this might lead to a downregulation of the body's natural production, as is the case with adderall and dopamine production.

• Good Point x 2

#2 Nigel Meech

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

It's a shame that not a lot of people who experiment with almost any given nootropic do so long term. Or if they do, they rarely provide feedback. 

• Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 axonopathy

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

This is a noob question - but can someone give me a quick and dirty explanation as to how a polypeptide like noopept could ever make it into the brain? Virtually all polypeptides are enzymatically cleaved into individual amino acids in the GI tract. Like, if we tried to give someone insulin orally, that would never work right, because insulin is a polypeptide and would be cleaved into individual amino acids? 

The only way to bypass the GI tract is to insufflate or take an intranasal spray or intravenous administration. 

#4 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

Someone started a thread from his long-term experience with noopept, have you already read it?

Its a large thread, you may want to post there in order to get more responses.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 peelamelon

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hello, I've been taking noopept for about 6 weeks, purchased from Peak Nootropics.

The first time, I started with 10mg in one dose and my level of activity spiked and was sustained for about 5 hours. What I enjoyed most was the lack of self-doubt. In fact, is what's been the best benefit for me. For too many years, I was able to start projects but then would become riddled with self-doubt, 'Am I doing this right? Is this the most important thing I should be doing right now? Someone else will probably think this is stupid or a waste of time.'

These projects were mostly art, or innovations for my home--both of which are very important to me.

I briefly experimented with 20 mg in one dose/daily and that made me very forgetful, especially of words, and gave no added advantage to my life. My next trial was with 10 mg in morning, usually with coffee and food, and 10 mg in mid-afternoon with food. This is what I have stayed with, generally 5 days on, 2 days off.

I do not exercise as much as I should and suspect it's time to develop that good habit to further elevate the overall improvements that noopept has given to my life.

Yes, depression was a thing for me. Stress was also a thing for me.

Prior to this, I found relief with a daily dose of adaptogens, notably the Adrenal Health formulation by Gaia Herbs.

I've set a timer for 90 days at which time I will cycle off for probably 30 days. Can't remember exactly what I read that led me to decide on such a schedule.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, long term, neurogenesis, neuroplasticity, brain plasticity, toxicity, rewire, fear modulation, reinforce, permanent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users