• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is Memantine a nootropic, or can it be used safely to prevent tolerance to other nootropics?

memantine nootropic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

Is or can Memantine be considered a nootropic?

I have recently obtained some after reading multiple anecdotal reports of it being a tolerance inhibitor of sorts to other chemicals, as well as, potentially, some nootropic benefits in it's own right.

I like stimulants (Caffeine, Phenylpiracetam... well, that's about it actually) but don't like to take them too much because I think the former for me is quickly habituating and the latter has a slight but still perceptible crash, besides having such a steep tolerance curve that it is pointless to use frequently anyway. In addition I guess I am something of a supplement junkie and just enjoy trying out new and interesting chemicals that might allow me to perform better in some area, despite the fact that (in my opinion) the majority of these chemicals probably end up being little better than placebo.

Anyway, I am no longer so sure if Memantine is as safe as it initially seemed, as there seem to be some mixed opinions in the scientific community.

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate hearing it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memantine, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users