• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ihatesnow

• 776 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

#2 TheWisdom

• 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

I think the fermi paradox comes into this.

There is very likely other life in the universe, look at the odds, and it is highly likely there are intelligent civilisations out there, so we can conclude they must be self destructing before they reach us.

#3 NyteFox

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:38 AM

I've thought about this quite often. With what has happened from Earth's earliest history to now, we seem to be more destructive yet slightly more peaceful in this modern age.

However, depending on how we will continue to act towards each other in the future will show whether or not we're capable of keeping the human population alive, as well as animals and plants and whatnot.

As of right now, looking at all of the things we have done in the past couple of hundred years or so, I see more violence towards one another than anything. We now have guns, nuclear weapons, factories, major pollution in the air, the internet, powerful technology, cars, etc. All of those things have the capability of causing destruction.

Humans are so pointlessly cruel to one another. We're selfish, greedy, violent, delicate creatures. Many of us want peace, but will we ever truly achieve such a thing? I truly hope we will one day.
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

Huh? Do you know how many people from violence and how many die from other causes? Please, do some research.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: michio kaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users