Photo

KYTH-105 (Setipiprant) - Hair Loss, Acne, & More

setipiprant kyth-105 aga mpb hair loss acne pdg2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Ripper

• 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:36 AM

If anyone here posts on hair loss forums you might be aware of the recent buzz around Setipiprant as the next effective treatment for AGA / MPB as well as a range of other related conditions and allergies.

You can read more on the manufacturer's website here: http://www.kythera.c...05-setipiprant/

The best study looking at safety of the drug is the following: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24734908

----

I'm hoping this thread can act as a means of discussing the potential benefits and safety of Setipiprant. 

Personally I find it very exciting, especially given that it will be administered orally as opposed to topically. Making a future hair loss regimen extremely simple - Finasteride, KYTH-105, and Nizoral. I also hope it could improve skin quality. 

If there is enough interest and it can be deemed safe I think it'd be great to organise a group buy similar to what other forums have done. 

• like x 2

#2 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

I'm following this as well.

Hopefully finasteride won't be needed if this takes off. Fin really messed with me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

From Kythera's site:

Next Steps
KYTHERA plans to file an Investigational New Drug (IND) application and initiate a proof-of-concept study to establish the efficacy of KYTH-105 in male subjects with androgenic alopecia (AGA).

So what are we looking at here, five to eight years until it might be released as a wildly expensive drug?  That makes the group buy look attractive...

#4 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:02 AM

Hmm, in the meantime would Quercetin work?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18831918

quercetin containing supplement reduces niacin-induced flush in humans.
Kalogeromitros D1, Makris M, Chliva C, Aggelides X, Kempuraj D, Theoharides TC.
Author information
Abstract
Coronary artery disease is associated with increased serum levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL, but low levels of HDL. The most potent agent capable of reversing this trend is the vitamin nicotinic acid (niacin). However, compliance even with extended-release preparations and addition of acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) is hampered by the development of a feeling of erythema and burning ("flush"), especially on the face. We recently showed that the natural flavonoids quercetin and luteolin can eliminate "flush", as well as inhibit both niacin-induced plasma prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) and serotonin increase in an animal model. We conducted a pilot clinical study in humans. Four normal male subjects received (a) 1 g immediate release niacin either alone or after (b) the dietary formulation (Algonot-plus) containing 150 mg quercetin per capsule. Subjects completed a visual scale (1 = no, 5 = worst response) symptom assessment. Erythema and burning sensation scores were both 4.75+/-0.50 and lasted for 3.63+/-1.11 hours. After Algonot-plus administration, both scores were reduced to 2.5+/-0.58 and lasted only for 1.68+/-0.70 hours. Quercetin also inhibited methylnicotinate-induced human mast cell PGD2 release. These preliminary results suggest that quercetin could reduce niacin-induced "flush" in humans.

#5 acephale

• 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

It would be great if this forum could initiate a group buy since it seems that all the major hairforums already did theirs, so the next opportunity won`t likely occur before 6-8 months. And as all MPB sufferers know, time is hairloss..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 Tubzy

• 91 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:27 AM

It seems you are familiar as well.  I just did a write-up.  Check out this thread.   http://www.longecity...andin-protocol/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: setipiprant, kyth-105, aga, mpb, hair loss, acne, pdg2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users