- - - - -

Lucid dreaming

lucid dream sleep

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

Is there any 'cheat' like supplements that can aid in achieving this? I know I've done it before but want to get a good skill to doing it regularly.

The other day I had sleep paralysis which is supposed to be almost there. But I imagined an intruder walking in my room and ruined it by waking up. :(

Any suggestions or supplements or nootropics that can help to do it again? Next time I will hopefully know better

#2 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

I dream very vividly, but I do not know whether it can be called lucid dreaming.

When I was young I was fascinated by my dreams. I read some books about dreams, and I even did that thing where you set alarms through the night so that you can wake up and note down your dreams. But now I am sixty, I have completely lost interest in my dreams. I suppose you could say I have "seen it all before". I no longer believe dreams have any significance at all, and I would be perfectly content not to have any or not to be able to remember any.

In my experience most of the herbal supplements I have taken make dreams more vivid. At the moment I am taking bacopa, ashwagandha, and rhodiola, and my dreams are like intricate Tolstoyan novels or Andrei Tarkovsky films. I think this is a sign that I am in good health--but otherwise I have no idea how to benefit from the phenomenon, which seems fairly irrelevant.

Edited by Gerrans, 17 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#3 Revitalize

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

Well the first step to lucid dreaming is to be able to recall you dreams, and Vitamin B6 could help with that. It also has been proven to increase dream vividness, google "vitamin b6 dreaming study" and you will find the study.

Edited by Revitalize, 18 June 2015 - 07:14 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Choline & Huperzine A - Choline is one of the core building blocks of the Nuerotransmitter Acetylcholine, Huperzine A maintains Acetylcholine. Acetylcholine, among other things is important to the perceived connection between you and your dream body, it is also important to really profound REM sleep. People on these Nootropics report that the fantastic dream world feels more real. Some people even report Out of Body Experiences (often a form of Lucid Dreaming) while unconscious on Huperzine A.

DMAE - Is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and therefore a more direct precursor to Acetylcholine. A 1988 study on DMAE: "A food supplement, namely DMAE, that facilitates the induction of lucid dreams is discussed." DMAE is also a potent Nootropic that helps your focus and awareness during waking hours and has powerful antiaging effects on the brain.

Tyrosine - Tyrosine also helps with the feeling of restfulness, if you are operating on less than enough sleep, a dose of Tyrosine will add 3-5 extra hours of productivity to your day.

Galantamine - A favorite of Lucid Dreamers, 4MG - 8MG of this Alzheimer's drug will prolong the half life of REM producing Acetylcholine in your synapses. Galantamine is something you want to limit to 3-4 times weekly. Melatonin - Supplementing the naturally occurring Nuerotransmitter of deep sleep is a good idea for everyone. Especially if you are a person who spends hours staring at glowing screens after dusk, Melatonin is a good idea because bright screens (Television, Tablet, Laptop, or iPhone) blocks the Melatonin release that makes you tired and leads to fulfilling sleep. Some of the supplements above which promote the kind of enhanced state of mind that produces really awesome lucid dreams, can also make it difficult to sleep sometimes. 

• Informative x 1

#5 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Well, after saying earlier that I had not had a lucid dream, I have now. I am quite taken aback at that at my age. It started quite boringly in the late stage of a dream where I realised I was walking away from home and seemed to come out of the dream to tell myself to go in the right direction. I was highly aware that I was dreaming and realised within the dream that I was in control, so, sleazy sod that I am, I decided to get some sex action. (Before I continue, I should say that sex dreams are disappointingly few with me.) So I turned to the factory yard I was walking past, and there was one female worker among the males, there, and I followed her into the factory store and half way up some stairs where it all got a bit active and arousing, though I woke up before we had got as far as I would have liked.

I have never had a dream that I was seemingly consciously structuring like that before, though my dreams are habitually vivid.

I have been experimenting with some new supplements just for five days--ALCAR in the morning (my chief suspect in this), and magnolia and B vits in the evening.

Of course, a dream is just a dream. For all I know I was just dreaming that I was controlling a lucid dream.

I would like this to happen again because sex dreams are great; but I have no idea if lucid dreams actually have any value. They and indeed any vivid dreams indicate that supplements I am taking for my brain health are indeed active on my brain, I think, but that does not mean they are doing me any good, as such. In fact, sometimes I wonder how relaxing it can be for my brain to be so vividly active when it is supposed to be resting--though I do feel refreshed enough by my dreamy sleep.

What I am really hoping to learn, through my experiments, is ways to stave off mental impairment. How that might relate to dreams, I do not know.

Anyway, for anyone who thinks they are incapable of a lucid dream, here is one old boy who has had his first at 60 years old. (Unless I am mistaken.)

Edited by Gerrans, 15 July 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#6 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:08 PM

Podcast delving deeper into this...
Inception in Real Life: 24 Lifehacks for Lucid Dreaming

Inception%20in%20Real%20life%20slide%201

In the film Inception, a team of espionage agents is highly compensated by multi-nationals to manipulate people through their dreams.
Lucid Dreaming is the closest thing outside of the silver screen to this. It's not hyperbole when I say that lucid dreaming can and will make your REM sleeping hours the most vividly exciting part of your day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lucid, dream, sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users