• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

very weird initial effects from magnesium. Why?

magnesium magnesium oxide magnesium citrate schizophrenia side effects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Omid

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hello,

I started magnesium last week or so. Please note that suspected diagnosis of Schizophrenia

At the beginning it made me very weird and stupid although I took 400mg (oxide or citrate. didn't make any difference). I though I have gave myselfe Hypermagnesemia, but the symptoms didn't match Hypermagnesemia at all. It rather felt the way a too high dose of ritalin affects >me<. At the time I was prescribed too much ritalin (rather Concerta) 50 mg or so, I felt like a zombie and couldn't think at all. Felt much more like a very strong antipsychotic than an stimulant. And the Magnesium felt exactly like that.

But I though whatever, I have no Hypermagnesemia symptoms so lets take it for a week. And now I don't have those symptoms any more and feel better generally. I am less creative but more sane and reational (read less schizophrenic).

So generally it seems that the magnesium is helping my supposed Schizophrenia.

But I want to know what that initial complete stupidness and weirdness and craziness was all about. Is it possible that my magnesium was so low that my body reacted crazily to the flow of much needed magnesium or something? I can't find any information about such initial side effects.

I'm also taking this stuff:

Fish oil: worth 1gr. EPA/day

Cheap SR Vitamin C: worth 2 Gr. pills/day

Viramin D 2000 iu/Day

Cheap multivitamin pill 1/day

cheap b-complex 1/day

And psychiatric meds not worth mentioning

#2 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:51 AM

Magnesium makes me feel cognitively impaired at times and cognitively enhanced at others but the impairments for me personally can be a bit much. It is likely due to the vasodilation, vasoconstriction and possibly blood sugar reactions. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium, magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, schizophrenia, side effects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users