PEA (phenylethylamine) tolerance/withdrawal

pea tolerance withdrawal phenylethylamine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccnootropics

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:37 PM

How many days a week should PEA be taken to avoid dependence/tolerance? How quickly does tolerance build up?  Also, how many days off might it take to reduce tolerance? I'm not referring to using this as a psychedelic but rather a stimulant.  I've been taking it with hordenine (about 250mg with 50 mg of hordenine about 4 times/day).  Thanks!

#2 Sciolaro

• 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a good answer to this question. At a minimum, take off the weekend (or a few days a week). 

Perhaps more importantly, if you haven't already, look into the afanils or racetams. PEA is nasty stuff. That rush is great, but it's not sustainable.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dav345

• 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

There are several scientific studies showing that phenylethylamine actually has reverse tolerance (you become more sensitive to it over time and can reduce the dosage, particularly when taken with an MAO-B like hordenine or selgiline).

Just google "phenylethylamine reverse tolerance" and read all about it.

I think it's not good to assume you have tolerance and keep increasing your dose.

Maybe you have reverse tolerance and need to lower your dose, ironically - the same dose could be hitting you too hard.  Too much dopamine is as bad as not enough.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:05 AM

Years ago I took some PEA along with 5mg per day selegiline. I only took it once or twice every few weeks on occasions I wanted to be more social. Despite the infrequent and uncommon use of it I was definitely building a tolerance. First time usage, the euphoric feeling lasted most of the night on a low dose. (can't remember dosage but was probably just 1-2 capsules). Eventually the only effect I got on dosages high or low was a dry mouth. So dry that eating was impossible. It's been maybe 8 or 9 years? Since I took it. Maybe it would work again but now I have different priorities and desires.

One effect I can tell you that is NOT Good is the crazy difference in blood pressure in a small amount of time. From memory I had 180/112. (sitting still) Did a few push ups, stood up, and reason for light headedness was blood pressure dropped to 80/40 or some crazy low figure just like that.

Oh I also had the feeling that my autonomic system like breathing no longer worked. In the fact I was acutely aware of every breath I was taking

My advice, screw PEA. Something to maybe give a go once or twice for fun but as an everyday stimulant? No way!

I certainly did not have any withdrawal symptoms or desire or urges to take it. In fact, when I couldn't be bothered with it anymore I'm pretty sure I threw out an unused bottle with no remorse

Edited by shifter, 19 October 2016 - 05:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pea, tolerance, withdrawal, phenylethylamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users