• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

How many Aussies/NZers are around currently?

australia new zealand general

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wanderviolet

• 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

Hi everyone

It's been so long since I've been onto the site, and my brain stuff is a bit rusty - I had to put it all down for a while, make some massive life changes, and am just starting to get the bug back. 

I thought I'd do a quick post to see who (if anyone!) is still around from the Far Z's (Oz, Nz... far away, ending in Z, ergo the far z's lol). 

If you're here (i know some may not come to regional forums, too) let me know! These days it'd be nice to know I'm not the only Australian with a brain, seeing how the country is. But that's another topic for a different forum...

Say hi, and share where you are (if you're ok with that, obviously)! 

I only ask of people what I do for people,

So, HI! 

I'm aylaah (here... Kelly IRL). Officially I live in Adelaide, but I'm splitting time between Adelaide and Newcastle NSW these days. I'm from NSW originally, been in Adelaide almost 2 years. Not that it matters but in case we're doing this, I'm a girl, early 30's (yes I know it therefore should say 'woman' but I'm not convinced I'm a real grown up yet), divorced/engaged, parent to the weirdest (in a good way) examples of kids I've ever met and the only ones I like, student photographer (studying diploma, but that basically means unemployed mostly, lol). I was autistically hyperfocused on the brain for around 3 years, took a break and am slowly waking up to it all. Autistic traits exist, not autistic (well...). Do have inattentive ADHD (so ADD really, but "they" don't call it that. They prefer this version, which is an obscene oxymoron, for it is not at all inattentive, it is hyper/over-attentive, as though the hyperactivity is in the Looking and the Thinking, rather than in the Doing... unless that Doing is typing, in which case I go hard, fast, rambling, tangent-laced, and essay-like). 

Think that's more than enough, really. Looking forward to seeing if anyone else is here. 

#2 wanderviolet

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

PS: If the 'autistically focused' part is offensive to anyone, please advise. I was going to say I'll change it, but apparently I can't edit the post. Not sure if that's a me thing, new post thing, or standard rule. So at least let me explain it:

I use it because it's the most accurate way to explain it easily that most people can understand, for the length and the depth I went to with research. Hyperfocus is a 'thing' for adhd, but the single-focus aspect is one of the traits I have without having autism as a diagnosis. If you've not heard 'with xxx traits' before, it's not because the traits aren't 'legit' or 'real autism', but because I don't have enough of them to qualify for the label. My eldest son has more, and his are more obvious and distinct - so much we had recommendations/advice from schools for years that he had Aspergers, but he also doesn't qualify. 

#3 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Hey, NZ'er here reporting in to alleviate the awkwardness of your post maybe going unanswered. Nice open friendly and inviting thread you started, hope you get a good response, can't say I've noticed a lot of NZ/OZ talk here.

Just on your comment of editing, there's a time limit in which to edit or it locks the post. Or if you're accessing the site through a mobile device then tapping your post should bring up an edit option and tapping others posts will bring up a quote option.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 wanderviolet

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for solving that mystery, and for trying to help me out with potentially awkward dead-air! 

#5 Jaxon Avery

• 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

Australian, Gold Coast,

Started on here today.

So you wrote a post to??? Yeah .......

#6 sambensly

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

New Zealand here. I don't trawl the forums that much nowadays. I just pop in to see what the latest Nootropic people are talking about is and updates on legality.

#7 McGTak

• 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:37 AM

NZ here, I only come on every couple of months now to keep up to date with the current ideas and such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: australia, new zealand, general

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users