• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Which nootropic do not have a cross tolerance with monadifil?

modafinil

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 karva

• 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

I was hoping to keep my monadifil use to 3 or 4 days per week. Im very new to all of this but have found some of the chemical nootropics (aniracetem etc) mess with my monadifil tolerance.
What would be the best nootropic (racetems etc) to cycle with my monadifil days off so that I can keep my tolerance low to monadifil? Thanks.

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

Piracetam, Caffeine, L-Theanine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 karva

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Uh? If paricatem cause tolerance to monadifil then What about noopept and aniractem (and others)? Just asking as I thought that they worked in similar ways. I ask this because before first trying monodafil I had been taking nootropics including noopept 6 days before hand and it totaly deadened my modafinal experience.
How does caffeine and l thiamine cause cross tolerance to midafonil? I think we have our wire crossed. I was asking what can I take on the days when I'm not taking midafonil.
eg 3 days per week- midafonil + bacopa and a few other natural goodies
4 days per week - any suggestions? (I have loads of herbs but am looking for something a bit more chemical based) again please bear in mind I don't want to take anything during this period which will interfere with resetting my modafinal tolerance.
But thanks for responding jrosland

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

There's almost nothing that will have 'cross tolerance' with modafinil, as modafinil has a rather unique mechanism of agonist orexin receptors. Currently, no other drugs do this. The only possibility I can think of are alpha 2 antagonist, which increase norepinephrine, just as modafinil does through the orexin system. But this won't necessarily create cross-tolerance.

There is really nothing to worry about here. Modafinil is a rather unique substance, and unless the nootropic somehow activates the orexin system, there is nothing to worry about.

#5 toto75015

• 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

I found that I was very sensitive to modafinil and take it at 50mg dose (one quarter of a 200mg pill) and even then I found it difficult to fall asleep.No way I take it 3-4 times a week. Now I just take some when I really need to ie when I lack sleep which is the indicated usage of this molecule.
Did anybody experienced low dose modafinil?

Edited by toto75015, 22 June 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#6 karva

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

I'll experiment and take only take noopept,aniractem and choline for a while and then go back to modafinal. But it defiantly seemed alot weaker last time.
Toto75 - I take 100mg, could take 200mg but I want to keep my tolerance down. But I was actually thinking of just taking 50 next time, then take 100 next day then 200mg and then breaking.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

I'll experiment and take only take noopept,aniractem and choline for a while and then go back to modafinal. But it defiantly seemed alot weaker last time.
Toto75 - I take 100mg, could take 200mg but I want to keep my tolerance down. But I was actually thinking of just taking 50 next time, then take 100 next day then 200mg and then breaking.

200mg is the standard dose of Modafinil. It is taken up to 400mg in some cases. Don't worry about tolerance. Of course, there will be a homeostatic reaction, where it won't work quite as strong, but Modafinil works through the orexin system and has very mild DAT inhibition. 200mg/day is perfectly normal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users