- - - - -

How best to use 50 Piracetam 1200mg caps

piracetam nootropil

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nerarenai

• 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

I tried Piracetam a couple of years back, didn't have any noticable effect.

I have about 2-3 box of 20 of these, and want to try again.

Any suggestions to get better results than last time?

I think at the time I took one a day, sometimes two a day, one in the morning and one in the evening.

#2 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

Low dose instead.  No choline.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nerarenai

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

Thanks - but what constitues a high or low does, and at what point is Choline beneficial?

How many doses a day?

#4 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

Try 500 mg.

It's bullshit that you need a choline source with any of racetams.  The racetams will be just as effective on their own and for many the choline will only make things worse.

Long story short: no choline until you've tried the racetam by itself.  Then consider adding choline

#5 Nerarenai

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

I vaguely remember back to when I tried the Piracetam that after trying it alone, I tried it with Choline, I couldn't discern any difference. This was with the full 1500mg tablets.

Does Piracetam just not work for some people?

#6 Aurel

• 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:33 AM

Try 500 mg.

It's bullshit that you need a choline source with any of racetams.  The racetams will be just as effective on their own and for many the choline will only make things worse.

Long story short: no choline until you've tried the racetam by itself.  Then consider adding choline

Why will choline make it worse? Is it because of the combination or has choline on itself negative effects on (some) people?

#7 mati5000

• 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

I taking choline with many racetams without adverse consequences but there is no doubt that if you have choline reserves were stored in the brain, then you can eat racetams without choline.

#8 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:23 AM

Try 500 mg.

Why will choline make it worse? Is it because of the combination or has choline on itself negative effects on (some) people?

Some people (like me) already have beaucoup acetylcholine in their systems, for unknown reasons, probably several different reasons, could be diet, could be something genetic that causes them to make less acetylcholinesterase, who knows.  Cholinergics and things that inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholine like a lot of the herbs you see in noot circles tend to make people like us worse off.  On the other hand, we can eat racetams by themselves.

You really don't know until you've tried it.  It's better to try the racetam first for a while, then if you want, add some choline to see what happens.  I've seen lots of people try a racetam for the first time with choline, feel like crap, and blame the racetam and try a different racetam with choline.  They don't actually know if its the choline or the racetam.

Edit: in people who will respond poorly to a supplemental choline source, it is often the case that they have a history of depressive or melancholic tendencies.  Acetylcholine seems to play a role in the depression of some people, and one of the reasons why antidepressants sometimes help is because they are anticholinergic.

Edited by Duchykins, 22 June 2015 - 01:29 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

Follow the Piracetam Protocol...

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, nootropil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users