• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

The Cause of Alzheimer's - Glycotoxins (AGE)

alzheimers glycotoxins age vegan vegetarian raw food coconut oil type 3 diabetes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

It is likely that I am wrong in the statements that I made above and that there is not enough serotonin and tryptophan but an imbalance is probably in some way connected

#62 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

A herb that boosts serotonin is Saint John's Wort. Recently it was found to be somewhat effective even in late stage

Edited by ceridwen, 06 July 2015 - 01:17 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Eating protein with carbohydrates works against the body's ability to make proteins

sorry I meant to say to make serotonin

#64 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

bodyecology.com/articles/boost_serotonin_happiness_heals_brain.php

as serotonin has something to do with this reading this article with what we already know in mind might throw more light on this complex issue

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#65 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

More on AGE inhibition...

I just wanted to draw attention to lostfalco's research on urosolic acid here. It's apparently an AGE inhibitor, but also acts as an acetocholinesterase inhibitor, amyloid inflammatory pathway inhibitor, and mitochondriotropic. lostfalco says: "It's ursolic acid and I've been using one to three sprays on my forehead every 2 hours or so. I just spray it on and then rub it in. My guess is that its primary mechanism is anti-inflammation as it seems to clear up any brain fog within minutes." This seems a stretch (comical really -- rub it on your forehead to improve memory!), but lostfalco is a prosocial genius, so I think people should read his posts on this and take him seriously.

Oh yeah... and it seems to downregulate TNF in the prefrontal cortex. Hmm... that sounds familiar. Like perispinal etanercept, which achives substantial memory improvement in dementia patients, but must be reinjected too often to be practical for nonrich people. Maybe urosolic acid is etanercept for the masses.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 11 July 2015 - 09:03 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alzheimers, glycotoxins, age, vegan, vegetarian, raw food, coconut oil, type 3, diabetes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users