- - - - -

New to Nootropics -- Starting with Piracetam

piracetam nalt l-theanine choline bitartrate caffeine anhydrous alcar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiger

• 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

So, I'm completely new to nootropics. I've been reading up on it the past few days and it really piqued my interest. Out of impulse, I went ahead and ordered a stack that looked promising: 

• Piracetam Powder
  • Choline Bitartrate
  • Acetyl L-Carnitine Powder (ALCAR)
  • N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT)
  • Caffeine Anhydrous
  • L-Theanine

I should be receiving it later this week and have been pondering if I should take it all at once or experiment with piracetam on it's own first?

I was thinking of just dumping it all in my coffee (except maybe caffeine anhydrous) at these dosages:

• Piracetam...................: 1g
  • Choline Bitartrate......: 500mg
  • ALCAR........................: 500mg
  • NALT...........................: 350mg
  • Caffeine Anhydrous..: 500mg
  • L-Theanine.................: 100mg

Is this overkill for a beginner or should I cut some things out? The only other things I might take would be a multivitamin, b-complex, and d3. 

I'm hoping the coffee will be enough to mask most of the taste on these as I've heard some of them are really nasty tasting.

Would appreciate it greatly if anyone had any tips or suggestions, thanks!

Edit:

Will be getting this tomorrow and would appreciate any advice beforehand. I've been reading that Piracetam needs an attack dose so I'm a bit unsure how to approach this.

Edited by Tiger, 25 June 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

That sounds like a great beginner stack! Even as a veteran user my stack is pretty similar...

I would definitely start with the Piracetam to establish a baseline. Do some brain training on the different smart drugs to see which ones enhance you.

Mixing it all in coffee will make for a terrible cup of joe. I recommend taking it in water and washing it down with coffee.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Tiger

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:35 AM

Thanks jroseland I will definitely try that. I've heard about newcomers to Piracetam being advised to take an attack dosage. I was thinking of trying 4.8g initially but perhaps it would be better to try 1g at a time and work my way up until I notice its effects? Or would it be more effective to take 4.8g all at once?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, nalt, l-theanine, choline bitartrate, caffeine anhydrous, alcar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users