• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Closing Cavities Naturally? Does Anyone Know How?

dental cavities natural tooth care

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 VampiricPsion

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

I have a cavity. However, I do not want to get it traditionally filled, for many reasons. What are my (natural) options?

Is there an herb or other substance that is known to rebuild tooth enamel to fill cavities over a decent period of time (not taking years)?

Thank you.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

I've re-mineralized a couple of cavities. Others on this site have as well. Study up on Dr. Weston Price and his X factor which was actually

K2, especially MK, but he did not know it at the time.

http://www.longecity...ge/#entry725774

I also take important co-factors like at least 5000iu D3, 500mg Magnesium Citrate, Boron. I get plenty of vitamin A via Beta-Carotene.

I don't go overboard on Phytic Acid in my diet. I especially try to avoid eating any food with Phytic Acid in it

when I take my K2 and Magnesium supplements. I always make sure the K2 is taken with a fatty meal and fish oil.

If I could do it again I'd likely dose the MK4 at higher amounts.

http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/B000FGWDTK

http://www.k-vitamins.com/

I take this one. http://www.vitacost....nced-k2-complex

Similar to the one Life Extension sells but with half the MK7

Edited by mustardseed41, 25 June 2015 - 03:04 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#3 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

Meant to say especially MK4

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 VampiricPsion

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:44 AM

I've re-mineralized a couple of cavities. Others on this site have as well. Study up on Dr. Weston Price and his X factor which was actually

K2, especially MK, but he did not know it at the time.

http://www.longecity...ge/#entry725774

I also take important co-factors like at least 5000iu D3, 500mg Magnesium Citrate, Boron. I get plenty of vitamin A via Beta-Carotene.

I don't go overboard on Phytic Acid in my diet. I especially try to avoid eating any food with Phytic Acid in it

when I take my K2 and Magnesium supplements. I always make sure the K2 is taken with a fatty meal and fish oil.

If I could do it again I'd likely dose the MK4 at higher amounts.

http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/B000FGWDTK

http://www.k-vitamins.com/

I take this one. http://www.vitacost....nced-k2-complex

Similar to the one Life Extension sells but with half the MK7

Thank you. I will google Dr. Price, although I have heard of k2 before. Have you ever tried "oil pulling"?

If you do not know what it is, it is an alternative method of cleaning teeth where you take a natural oil (such as coconut oil) and swish it through your teeth and around your mouth for 20 minutes, then spit out. People have said that it leaves their teeth cleaner than brushing, and that the anti-bacterial effects of coconut oil in particular specifically target the type of bacteria (minimal amounts of streptococcus, if I recall correctly) that cause cavities.

I have never tried this before, but will be buying coconut oil within the next week or so to give it ago. Even if it doesn't work, it only costs $9 to try.

I have heard anecdotes of people "curing", or closing, cavities with oil pulling somehow; if this has any effect on my cavity, that would be interesting.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#5 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

I'm familiar with oil pulling but never really looked into it much. After hearing you keep it in the mouth for 20 minutes. Royal PITA if you ask me. :laugh:

I use 2 drops of a generic version of Thieves Oil at night and swish around my mouth for some time with water then swallow. No bacteria stands a chance

with that.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=thieves oil

Check out the reviews. I'm surprised it's not more talked about around here.

Edited by mustardseed41, 26 June 2015 - 03:17 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:18 AM

Cavities are weird, sometimes one that looks like very little on an x-ray will grow up and be a huge one a few years later. Sometimes one that is very large will just be a coal-black (black is a good colour in the world of cavities) crater a year later.

In the past, every cavity was drilled, this still takes place in some places, always get a second opinion from a dentist who is not short of patients so to speak ;)

If you cut your diet-frequency down, get some fluoride rinse and also eat a high-mineral diet (broccoli and the like) that will be enough to close many cavities.

But you never now, this thing that you guys are doing know is risky in a sense.

Some x-rays should be taken, cavities that have crossed the enamel-dentine junction should be fixed or you risk getting a root-canal or an extraction of that tooth a few years later.

The root-canal might be toxic.

The extraction means less teeth, IIRC having fewer teeth is detrimental for neuro-health.

And oh, the filling might contain Bisphenol or something, most dentists don't have a clue whats in their materials. The best option is no cavities in the first place, that means some fluoride should be applied topically. I use childrens toothpaste and always brush my tongue afterwards to not get a big intake of it although it's toxicity is not something that worries me.

• Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#7 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

Seems the risk paid off for me big time. Fluoride is one of the great scams of our time.

• Agree x 1

#8 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

In my opinion, it is not so much what we do to our teeth as what we do not do to them that makes the difference. I believe that, for someone who cleans their teeth regularly, 90% of the reason for cavities is refined sugar, which is found in a lot of processed products. So if one gives up processed foods, the cavities should heal naturally over time.

#9 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

They are still hard to avoid. A lot of old skulls from even pre-agricultural times have cavities. It seems to be an ancient disease. Once someone creates an efficient Streptococcus Mutans vaccine caries is gone. One for Lactobacillus might also be needed but there is some mixed feelings about those.

• Informative x 1

#10 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

They are still hard to avoid. A lot of old skulls from even pre-agricultural times have cavities. It seems to be an ancient disease. Once someone creates an efficient Streptococcus Mutans vaccine caries is gone. One for Lactobacillus might also be needed but there is some mixed feelings about those.

I think teeth cleaning is crucial also, and it may be that some of those ancient people did not clean their teeth. Yes, it is possible to get cavities from unprocessed foods, so long as they are left long enough on the teeth to be broken down by bacteria. But if we brush our teeth, that should not happen. The trouble is caused by food residues getting between the saliva and the teeth. Saliva has everything in it to restore the teeth, provided we do not allow plaque to form a barrier against it.

By the way, we always assume that ancient man had no access to processed foods, but he had access to honey, which is processed by bees. A high-status individual might have been able to eat a lot of honey, brought to him or her by underlings. High honey intake might be an explanation for certain early jaws found to be riddled with caries--though those are much the exception, from the examples of early skeletons I have read about.

Edited by Gerrans, 26 June 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#11 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

History is a big place. There are probably plenty of peoples throughout history who were free of caries. I think it will be remembered as historical phenomenon that primarily started with agriculture and then continued until technology inhibited it. Caries vaccines will probably be a part of mandatory vaccinations in the future. Stem cell teeth should be possible in a not so distant future.

#12 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

Seems the risk paid off for me big time. Fluoride is one of the great scams of our time.

Well, I guess it's a scam if you consider it normal or desirable for people to lose a bunch of teeth in middle age.   There are a lot of people who consider water fluoridation to be one of the great public health success stories of the twentieth century.  Of course, the internet is rife with people who think it's a giant conspiracy...

I'm not arguing in favor of fluoride overdoses or in favor of putting it in water if everyone is using topical forms of fluoride.  I just don't agree that fluoride is a great scam.   Maybe dentists selling fluoride treatments to people who don't need them is a scam, but only a small one.

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#13 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

Stem cell teeth should be possible in about 50 years!

• Ill informed x 1

#14 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

I read recently about cocoa (cacao) containing a substance that actively re-mineralises teeth.  You may like to look that up and consider brushing with it.  It's from research done at Tulane University that showed very effective remineralisation of enamel by a cocoa extract, and it was superior to high dose topical fluoride.

(Needless to say, you will be wanting the extract or at least pure raw cacao powder, not supermarket cocoa powder!! ;) )

#15 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

Fluoride makes teeth brittle. I would rather rub lead on my teeth instead of Fluoride!! Boron Zinc Magnesium Malate D3 plus a lot of oil pulling. Phosphotidyl Choline has benefits too. Fluoride just makes long term healing impossible around the hole!!

#16 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:10 AM

Having worked for several years with teeth I got to say that fluoride stuff never made any sense to me Multivitz. The people who self-report frequent use of fluoride are simply caries free and they sometimes have pretty big cavities from the past that have turned into Caries nigra (stopped growing, turned solid).

Not to say that large systemic fluoride dosages does not cause cancer or dementia or something, maybe it does, you can always get too much of anything.

But this alt-health fluoride nonsense about it not working against cavities or turning teeth brittle? Pure nonsense that goes completely against years of day to day work experience.

• Ill informed x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#17 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

I personally would have cavities filled by a dentist. Even if the cavity doesn't currently progress, there's always a chance that it will. Pretty much only way to be sure is to thoroughly remove the bacteria with drill and then fill it up to prevent any bacteria from settling in. I don't think there are any natural products that would be as effective as the current dental practice. 

Which reminds me, I really should make an appointment, it's been a while since the last one and I have at least a couple of lesions going on.. 

Edited by proileri, 22 December 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#18 aiojou

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

From personal experience, I would say try oil pulling with coconut oil. I like to try natural remedies whenever I can and I stumbled upon it last spring. 

From this article http://draxe.com/nat...l-tooth-decay/ 

I wanted to try it because I saw from eating a lot of oatmeal I started getting cavities and didn't understand why. So I started oil pulling, though I also found out you don't need to have the coconut oil in your mouth 20 minutes every time. 

It is kinda harsh on the gums. I did see my cavities shrink. But I don't do it often and they came about after awhile. 

I also had a horrible tooth ache last spring and the dentist just wanted to take it out for 3k - I am a student and don't have that kind of money so I found out that a couple things can remove bacteria from your mouth.

1. onions - chopped put on the tooth. Will make you slobber like crazy but the tooth stops hurting.

2. bentonite clay - make the clay mix and put it around the tooth. Will also make you salivate but stops the pain.

I did each one of those once and my tooth hasn't bother me since.  I also found a long list of "home remedies" that were suppose to help....the only one that worked was the onion. 

I remembered that bentonite clay removes toxins from skin and hair...so why not your mouth as well?  

#19 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

Clove Oil.
At 1st you think it probably tastes so bad that you have forgotten about the toothache, but it works wonders. and the effect lasts a long time so its not just killing the pain for a while.
Apply it to a cavity with an earbud, or add a drop of 2 to your Coconut oil when pulling.
Oil pulling in the bath or shower is about the best time for it I have found.

Some oil pulling links: NB: COQ10, Taurine,  Cinnamon Oil etc.
http://www.longecity...-receding-gums/
http://www.longecity...umtooth-health/
http://www.longecity...ed-oil-pulling/

See point 13:
http://www.longecity...769-turnbuckle/

#20 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

i bet people here who loves fluoride wanted to be floxed real hard. Try some cipro if you will and be proud of it  :laugh: 

In my case I found taking boron and salt loading to be beneficail for my teeth. In one week time of just using it,I had a few rather large plaque pieces just chipped off. This never happened before in my entire life, as far as I can tell. so was a bit surprised.

Before this happened, few days upon taking boron, I noticed some part of my teeth were being stimulated, however I did not pay much attention. And i later (few days more) then noticed, sharp edges inside of this same stimulated teeth, i then looked at the mirror, large plaque just chipped off! 

Edited by ShivaShakti, 23 October 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#21 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Who knew, aspirin can be used to heal cavities.

http://www.bbc.com/n...reland-41180006

#22 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Regenerating teeth is always about 5 years away... 

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 2

#23 ighbal

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

how are you so sure we should have regenerating teeth around 2022 ?

• like x 1

#24 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

The BBC story is strange because I always found aspirin lead to more not less cavities whenever I've taken it seriously
Clove oil mills nerves
Sorry kills nerves in teeth

#25 Recoveryx10

• 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:52 PM

Regenerating teeth is always about 5 years away...

It's been 5 years away for the past 15 years, lol.

#26 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

It's always been obvious to me that fluoride is a scam...another big pharma style way of taking highly toxic industrial waste product and selling it as a health benefit...

My question that dentists always change the subject when lecturing me that I will die if I don't use fluoride is...if fluoride is so good, why are there so many dentists and even more dental hygienists, given that fluoride is everywhere including in the water? I mean if it is so great for our teeth, we wouldn't need dental hygienists would we? And there wouldn't be many cavities to fill or root canals required so less dentists required. And yet...

This is why I think we don't have a vaccine for tooth bacteria...and never will. Because companies that produce toothpaste (with fluoride in), dental schools, dentists, all big business, would take a huge hit if required at all.

And we just can't have that can we?

Truth is scarier than fiction.

Edited by Consequences, 24 October 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#27 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:05 AM

It's always been obvious to me that fluoride is a scam...another big pharma style way of taking highly toxic industrial waste product and selling it as a health benefit...

My question that dentists always change the subject when lecturing me that I will die if I don't use fluoride is...if fluoride is so good, why are there so many dentists and even more dental hygienists, given that fluoride is everywhere including in the water? I mean if it is so great for our teeth, we wouldn't need dental hygienists would we? And there wouldn't be many cavities to fill or root canals required so less dentists required. And yet...

This is why I think we don't have a vaccine for tooth bacteria...and never will. Because companies that produce toothpaste (with fluoride in), dental schools, dentists, all big business, would take a huge hit if required at all.

And we just can't have that can we?

Truth is scarier than fiction.

Dental hygienists mainly work with periodontal treatment (Deep cleaning gingival pockets using surgical mini knifes and electromagnetic ultrasonic handpieces cleaners).

Sweden went from being a country where the majority of the adults had dental prosthesis (60s) to being a country where the majority of the adults have their own teeth  (with many fillings, many with managed periodontal disease )  from the 1960s to the 2010's and during that period the main change was Prohpylaxis by dental hygienists and dental nurses and lots of fluoride rinsing.

UVB exposure is probably the best but most underrated or unknown natural option to prevent and treat cavities next to diet and brushing/flossing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3219170/

Edited by Kalliste, 14 November 2019 - 09:06 AM.

#28 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

The best natural non-GMO organic way of closing a cavity is to go to a dentist and ask them to put some of that thing in there. Ask if the dentist is non-GMO first tho.

Edited by Keizo, 20 November 2019 - 09:42 AM.

#29 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

Cut and pasted from a Mito forum

Dental Lymph Flow Reversal:

Cause of Cavities and

Symptom of Systemic Low Energy and Electron Levels

The teeth have a lymph system in which liquid flows out to repel bacteria and things that stain teeth.

Minerals flow from blood to dentinal fluid (like the lymph system everywhere else in the body) to repair teeth from the inside out.

When this flow is weak the flow is reversed so that nutrients are no longer renewing tooth enamel, and instead, things are flowing into the weakening dental enamel: bacteria and things that stain teeth. This is how cavities form.

This is based on the extensive research by a dentist and endocrinologist, Steinmen and Leonora in their book, Dentinal Fluid Transport. They showed that minerals can repair cavities when the endocrine system is working properly under the parasympathetic nervous system, specifically, the parotid gland that regulates fluid flows in the mouth.

I want to take this analysis a few steps deeper.

For minerals to be delivered to the tooth’s dentinal fluid, the blood circulation has to be good.

Blood circulation depends on:

1. The overall energy levels of the body.

2. Stress that affects regulation of energy via hormones like from the parotid gland, as regulated by the brain’s balance between parasympathic (rest and digest) versus sympathetic (activity, like fight or flight) nervous systems.

Low Systemic Energy

It takes an alternative theory of cardiology to explain how blood circulation works and reflects the body’s overall energy levels. Dr. Tomas Cowan in his book, Human Heart, Cosmic Hearth, updates a hundred year old theory to explain that circulation is actually primarily pulled by an electromagnetic charge in the capillaries, not just pumped by the heart. The electrical charge in the capillaries reflects the overall energy level the body. Just think of energy as electricity of electrons. Energy from food chemistry breaks down to electrons and protons. The sun’s photons are converted to electrons in the body by charging the water and thus blood of the body.

I wrote an article on Blood Pressure to explain how this works but most people didn’t read it because they are thinking in terms of the symptom blood pressure not the explanation and theory behind it that applies to all health conditions, which are a function of total body energy. Dr, Jack Kruse calls this total body energy the net negative charge of the cell’s mitochondria. A negative charge means more electrons, thus more energy.

When energy levels are low circulation to the capillaries becomes weaker and fluid and some minerals probably cannot get through to the dentinal fluid. Minerals levels are also a factor in overall energy levels as they all play a role in electrical energy generation, thus the name electrolytes for sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc, which are known to improve blood pressure, high or low, as just one sent of symptoms of low energy understood holistically and systemically.

With low circulation from low electrical charge of the capillaries to pull blood cells and nutrients through, the heart may increases activity as a pump to compensate to increase pressure to force cells and nutrients through the capillaries. Or energy may be so low that the heart cannot ramp up and you get low pressure. So if you lack magnesium or sunlight, for example, you get low electrical charge and then the heart may start pounding and using dwindling nutrient energy until the heart runs out of energy.

High Stress

High stress reduces circulation to the periphery like teeth, which the body seems to think are expendable.

You lose circulation to the periphery with the fight or flight response turned on constantly, what chronic ill people often recognize as autonomic nervous system dysregulation, ANS, resulting in insomnia, weak digestion, etc.,

The parasympathetic function supports the parotid gland that works with circulation to deliver nutrients.

Have you ever seen how often homeless people have teeth missing? Most people cannot imagine what they are going through, so you might not get that.

I have had tooth aches increase with high stress.

If you have ever been highly threatened, attacked or shot at you may have experiences less coordination in your hands. I remember once I had trouble getting my keys to open my car door. The blood concentrates in the larger muscles to run away or fight back.

Electron Stealers

Toxins steal electrons needed for energy. Toxins that are free radicals are unpaired electrons that grab electrons from other substances or nutrients to disrupt functioning. The more toxic the body the more energy it takes to neutralize free radicals. These electrons are needed to keep the blood flowing into the periphery inside the teeth and dentin.

The worst toxins are ones that not only steel electrons but dysregulate the nervous system so that it cannot repair the damage, thus long term chronic illness sets in. Mercury is a toxin that often dysreguates the nervous system.

A class of toxins that leads to free radical and nervous system dysregulation is EMF, or non native electromagnetic radiation and radio frequencies from all our electronics. EMF are excitotoxins that over-stimulate the nervous system, thus leading to symptoms like insomnia and anxiety, and eventually exhaustion.

The mechanisms of EMF are well known in many scientific studies: voltage gated calcium channels on the cell membrane become over-stimulated by manmade frequencies, rather than respond to the body’s own regulation, and too much calcium enters the cells. Chemistry and energy production are disrupted leading to free radicals and other effects, like less nitric oxide needed for circulation. Calcium ion channels have weaker regulatory mechanism on the down end so are more vulnerable than other ion channels like potassium.

I noticed that tooth aches and general inflammation declined when I turned off the wifi.

To gain electrons I found getting sun reduces pain and increases energy.

#30 Laika

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Don't worry guys. I just read an article that says will be able to regenerate teeth by 2025.

• Needs references x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dental, cavities, natural tooth care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users