• Leader workload: (min/week)
  • Team Members: (number)
  • Members workload: (min/week)
  • Members only? - Yes/No
  • Funding Required? - Yes/No
  • Funding Level: $2,000 + Fundraiser?
  • Metrics for evaluating success or failure
  • Milestones / Interim Steps -

The purpose of this project is to raise awareness for our movement and get people interested in extending their lifespan and improving their youthful health. Followers will become educated on our mission and the possibilities for youthification/rejuvenation that are already available. The project will be promoted mostly to women, though men will be welcome to apply.

LongeCity would advertise the project using funds from the advertising budget and preproduce the fundraising video/campaign. A recipient would then be chosen from applicants submitting a photograph and short essay on why they want to to be forever young and healthy and what it means to them and society. This project would commence with genome sequencing, professional photographs of the sponsored individual including whatever signs of aging are present. The community or a chosen expert will then determine what steps need to be taken and how best to spend the funds raised to make the recipient. Additional blood/fluid testing and photographs will be taken and additional fundraising goals will be set. This project will continue for at least two years, and depending on results and the availability of new methods of youthification/rejuvination will continue until we've achieved our mission to end aging. The recipient will become a LongeCity spokesperson and if possible, we'll make arrangements with media outlets for them to make appearances along with myself or another LongeCity representative to discuss sustainable health and the LongeCity mission to end aging as fundraising and project success allow.

The project will also be a great opportunity to explain sustainable health, which is defined as achieving a human condition or inherent level of human health where aging does not occur and resources spent on aging, which along with a greatly reduced birth rate due to the removal of aging pressures will lead to a greatly accelerated improvement of the human life. It is however more of an expensive proposal... I'm not of the opinion that spending like this will be necessary indefinitely and that better methods to preserve and rejuvinate our health will become available with time.

Some background:

I've been taking supplements for a few years on and off now and have more recently continued to evolve my regimen into what it is now. I'm committed to the experiment of reversing as much aging as possible. I've lived with several undiagnosed diseases that have been reeking havoc in my life and and this is enabling me to overcome it through the power of youth and innate rejuvination capacities. At this time in my regimen, I'm now taking 100 -130 supplements each day (including multiple doses of things throughout the day) and I've been able to achieve a greater level of happiness and health than I've had previously with perhaps the exception of my teenage years and early twenties, and my gains in this respect continue to improve. I've overcome chronic joint pain, obesity (in progress, but further than ever), and other chronic problems.

Buying in bulk quantities that will last between 6 and 36 months for powdered supplements, and shopping sales for supplements lasting between 6 and 24 months, my supplement budget is up there. Last time I calculated, it was about $3,600/yr last time I calculated it and might go higher or lower depending on my needs or goals. Right now it's got alot for weight loss, joint health, and muscle growth that will eventually be reduced or removed if it isn't necessary. I also do intermittent fasting (16-18 hours of fasting per day), so my budget for food is a 3rd what it might otherwise cost. All in all, it's reasonable considering the alternatives and my health.

I'm of the opinion that for someone who is already generally healthy, a much smaller supplement regimen could be used, or we could do significantly more for them.

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

So this project aims to basically create a spokesperson/model individual for our efforts?  Reminds me of Jared (of Subway's advertising) who lost weight by eating Subway food.

This will work as the creation of a "hero" for people to look up to, but people won't adopt such practices in their own life as they're only willing to go so far.  If we use the "hero" as a way to convey simpler means of improving one's youth and health it might be beneficial.

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

The idea is to first show that it's possible. Once people recognize the possibility, they will want a simplified product that we could provide or another company could provide for the demand.

#4 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

What biomarkers would you be monitoring? 

• Good Point x 1

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

From a treasurer perspective, this project would probably need more funding than $2,000, but 2K might be enough to get it off the ground. A full spectrum blood test from LEF might be in the range of $500. From memory, I think a full aging bio-marker test, including VOmax is around $1,000. Professional pictures: maybe $200.

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

What biomarkers would you be monitoring? 

This would ultimately be determined by the community, but successful antiaging treatments would include a series of after/progress pictures, hormone levels, telomere length, indicators such as glycation ROS damage, stem cell reservoir size (if we can measure it), and those kinds of things. If we use LEF, maybe we can get sponsoring for blood testing or arrange to buy someone something like a MinIon ($1000) to do (some of) the testing for us. I know Minion can sequence DNA, not sure just how versatile it is, but technologies like this could go a long way.

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Actually, I guess measuring the types of aging specified by SENS would be the way to determine what tests to do. We could ask Aubrey to Advise on the project.

#8 kmoody

• Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

If this project ends up taking off my lab may be able to help out by running some of these biomarkers that aren't standard clinical markers. We run many of these routinely for our ongoing lifespan studies.

#9 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

How do we get the samples to you? I take it we would still have the specimens taken at a regular lab and they would ship to you? What kinds of costs are involved here?

#10 ImmortalSpace

• 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

This whole idea of people donating money to you sounds really suspicious to me.

#11 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

The donations would go to LongeCity, not to YOLF. Members would have to apply to be the subject of this promotional/educational campaign.

#12 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

You must have misunderstood, I won't be this project's recipient. I'm already too far into my own regimen and have already made too much progress to get before and after stuff done.

#13 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Kelsey, Niner, what biomarkers would you suggest considering as candidates given what we are able to effect?

What testing options do we have at your lab?

Edited by YOLF, 07 July 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#14 kmoody

• Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

We currently do telomere length, NAD/NADH ratio, GSSG/GSH ratio, senescence (beta-galactosidase or CD8+KLGR1+/- ratio), and anything ELISA based (IGF-1, IL-6, CRP). Most assays based on HPLC, flow cytometry, or plate reader could be done in my lab. There would need to be reasonable scientific merit for me to be involved, but I would be open to such a discussion once the details of your plan are worked out.

I won't speculate at this point what biomarkers would be best to target... while you could just have a huge "aging panel", this plan may work better if members of the community selected regimens to achieve specific effects then built biomarker panels around the goal. Doing a comprehensive panel and looking around for what things improve lends itself to considerable confirmation bias and probably poor experimental design since I'm assuming you're talking a very small n for any given intervention, and probably not placebo controlled.

Edited by kmoody, 07 July 2015 - 08:50 PM.

• Informative x 1

#15 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

We currently do telomere length, NAD/NADH ratio, GSSG/GSH ratio, senescence (beta-galactosidase or CD8+KLGR1+/- ratio), and anything ELISA based (IGF-1, IL-6, CRP). Most assays based on HPLC, flow cytometry, or plate reader could be done in my lab. There would need to be reasonable scientific merit for me to be involved, but I would be open to such a discussion once the details of your plan are worked out.

I won't speculate at this point what biomarkers would be best to target... while you could just have a huge "aging panel", this plan may work better if members of the community selected regimens to achieve specific effects then built biomarker panels around the goal. Doing a comprehensive panel and looking around for what things improve lends itself to considerable confirmation bias and probably poor experimental design since I'm assuming you're talking a very small n for any given intervention, and probably not placebo controlled.

Definitely not a trial of any kind, more of a all out demonstration of supplements with some science to go with the pictures as antiaging is more than skin deep. This would just be a display of what can be done so far and what can't. There are lots of companies making lots of claims, but I don't think any of them have systematically gone all out to see just how much can be done. They just aren't going to profit from it. I basically want to show how far we can go with age reversal and get people asking for more. Then, we rinse and repeat periodically to see how far we've come or how much we can age reverse our winner.

I'm also wondering how many companies would sponsor us. We could do something like a NASCAR coat for our "driver" or for fundraising perks or something like that.

Edited by YOLF, 08 July 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#16 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

Here is a recent attempt to develop aging and rate-of-aging metrics using a combination of commonly available biomarkers.  The most important single marker was HbA1c.   I don't see how we could do an interventional study with n=1.  To really improve a person's health, it's likely that we would need to change diet, exercise, and sleep habits.  If we weren't controlling for that, a single subject might get sicker or healthier despite what we did or didn't do with supplements. 

#17 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

We could approach from the perspective of enabling the lifestyle. I was thinking we select someone who is already healthy for the most part with a good BMI and all that from the pictures that get submitted and go from there. If we start with a healthy person, they are probably already doing things that are health and we won't have to change much and all the supplements we give them will probably have greater effects and be a better showcase of the advancements of youthification technologies/supplements. 

This headline seems to infer that looking healthy is indicative of internal health, and it's probably right. Personally, I want to look at HGH, sex hormones, and cellular composition (glycation, ECM metrics etc) and put together a series of pictures into an anti-aging flip book animation that shows these markers. We could also send them to a dermatologist periodically for an evaluation of skin health. Hyaluronic acid, collagen,  and these kinds of things can do alot for antiaging. 

Again, I'm not trying to do a study, I want to do a demonstration to let people know where an all out supplement regimen could get them in terms of youth and health.

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:22 AM

We could approach from the perspective of enabling the lifestyle. I was thinking we select someone who is already healthy for the most part with a good BMI and all that from the pictures that get submitted and go from there. If we start with a healthy person, they are probably already doing things that are health and we won't have to change much and all the supplements we give them will probably have greater effects and be a better showcase of the advancements of youthification technologies/supplements. 

This headline seems to infer that looking healthy is indicative of internal health, and it's probably right. Personally, I want to look at HGH, sex hormones, and cellular composition (glycation, ECM metrics etc) and put together a series of pictures into an anti-aging flip book animation that shows these markers. We could also send them to a dermatologist periodically for an evaluation of skin health. Hyaluronic acid, collagen,  and these kinds of things can do alot for antiaging. 

Again, I'm not trying to do a study, I want to do a demonstration to let people know where an all out supplement regimen could get them in terms of youth and health.

This would cost thousands of dollars and potentially take years.  If the person starts out healthy, there probably wouldn't be all that much change.  If they started out unhealthy, there would probably be a lot of lifestyle changes that we'd need them to undertake.  With n=1, they might be in worse shape at the end than at the start, or not significantly changed.  There are just too many variables with a single person, and in the end, the result would be an anecdote at best. 

Maybe it would be worth getting in touch with Terry Grossman, Ray Kurzweil's doctor/partner.  Grossman has people take a battery of tests from which he calculates a "biological age", then he puts them on a supplement/lifestyle program.  Some amount of time later he has them take the tests again, to see if they've improved the biological age.   He would at least have a lot of data and experience.

#19 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

This would cost thousands of dollars and potentially take years.  If the person starts out healthy, there probably wouldn't be all that much change.  If they started out unhealthy, there would probably be a lot of lifestyle changes that we'd need them to undertake.  With n=1, they might be in worse shape at the end than at the start, or not significantly changed.  There are just too many variables with a single person, and in the end, the result would be an anecdote at best. 

Maybe it would be worth getting in touch with Terry Grossman, Ray Kurzweil's doctor/partner.  Grossman has people take a battery of tests from which he calculates a "biological age", then he puts them on a supplement/lifestyle program.  Some amount of time later he has them take the tests again, to see if they've improved the biological age.   He would at least have a lot of data and experience.

Didn't see this post, will have to contact Terry and see if we can partner up for this or duplicate some of what he does.

#20 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

So what I'm thinking now is that we could partner with Grossman Wellness to subsidize some of their patients who meet our requirements in return for study participation and media such as before and after photos and potentially media appearances. Eventually we could look at picking one patient to ensure that they receive continuous rejuvenation therapies for longer term results. I'd really like to see what several years of this stuff could do.

I've made contact with GW and will see if we can't also get some researchers involved so we can dig even deeper and give our recipients cutting edge testing if possible. I have some candidates, but if anyone knows anyone close to GW (Golden Colorado), proximity is always best.

#21 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

So what I'm thinking now is that we could partner with Grossman Wellness to subsidize some of their patients who meet our requirements in return for study participation and media such as before and after photos and potentially media appearances. Eventually we could look at picking one patient to ensure that they receive continuous rejuvenation therapies for longer term results. I'd really like to see what several years of this stuff could do.

This would be creating an advertisement for Grossman at our expense.  I don't see how that would further our long-term goals.  I think this would need to be something that didn't use a significant amount of LC funds.

#22 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

I'm not sure about that... Grossman might benefit, but we'd accomplish our goal and get a human study or series of case reports for customized rejuvenation where n>1 and the end goal is to demonstrate just how well rejuvenation technologies can work to build up faith in our movement and show the public how far rejuvenation has come.

#23 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

Is Grossman even doing anything that we could really call "rejuvenation"?  I thought it was mostly lifestyle modifications and supplements.  People are already aware of what can be done with lifestyle modification, but they're still unwilling to do it themselves, by and large.  I don't think supplements alone are going to generate much of a compelling story.

#24 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

AFAIK, "Ray and Terry" or Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman are keenly interested in living indefinitely and that's why they've teamed up with books and the RayandTerry website.

Grossman Wellness does offer PRP and Adipose MSc treatments as well as cosmetics, comprehensive wellness and more. I asked them to read this topic and give me some feedback, and will write a full proposal once I hear back from them if it sounds like we have similar interests. 

#25 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

Is Grossman even doing anything that we could really call "rejuvenation"?  I thought it was mostly lifestyle modifications and supplements.  People are already aware of what can be done with lifestyle modification, but they're still unwilling to do it themselves, by and large.  I don't think supplements alone are going to generate much of a compelling story.

I interviewed Grossman for the podcast. He is definitely a radical life extensionist. I think he offers guidance on the most likely treatments to help stay healthy and looking young. Definitely not a snake-oil salesman and definitely interested in rejuvenation therapies, when they become available. I would watch his clinic, along with LEF clinics as the first places to look for cutting edge (but also somewhat risky treatments.

Peter, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about this project. Perhaps we could team up to promote how changes in lifestyle can improve aging biomarkers. Grossman's clinic and LEF probably have a lot of useful data on how their clients are doing over the course of many years.

#26 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:21 AM

What do you mean lifestyle?

#27 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

What do you mean lifestyle?

Diet, exercise, meditation, CR, supplements, hormone replacement, etc...

#28 odd future

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:43 AM

Hello, I would be
interested in doing a
logo for this project, for
free or just some small
price. I want to help. If
interested please let me
know so I can show you
my other ideas.

Attached Thumbnails

• PSX_20151105_004941.jpg

• like x 1

#29 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

Looks interesting, would like to learn the meaning of the design. Not sure I get it, but I'd love some good graphics!

#30 odd future

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

Looks interesting, would like to learn the meaning of the design. Not sure I get it, but I'd love some good graphics!

Cool. I will dm you my mail address so we can discuss further, okay?

Im very interested in helping you.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: projects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users