• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Cause of Alzheimer's - Chlamydia Pneumoniae (CP)

alzheimers chlamydia pneumoniae chlamydia balin

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Good thread guys......I remember reading about essiac tea when I first started researching alternative medicine. I can't believe it's still popular and alive---must be effective and useful as it would have disappeared long ago with the earlier snake remedies. Never would have been given proper research either as all ingredients unpatentable too.

And now another reason not to eat dead animals....

Edited by zeropoint, 01 July 2015 - 03:50 PM.

• like x 1

#32 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hi Ceridwen I could not quote your post due to the link, anyway you are right that something weird is going on about mms! I have been reading about it for more than a year before I decided to dug deeper and read hundred of online experiences after all the fear mongering I read. The guy that got it known said that if you try to change the wiki mms page, you would get a new editing in seconds. I do not know how wikipedia works and if this is true, but from trying it (and getting much better from it) and reading other experiences, something is going on for sure...

Use chlorine dioxide for its biofilm destroying properties only, you need a natural/synthetic antibiotic coktail for the large amount of microbes released in the bloodstream. You should fill large capsules with it, as the smell is horrible...

My experience is that (contrary) to "official" protocols, you should get one large mms dose before sleep with antibiotics.

When you start with it, you will have increased brain fog probably. Check some videos of biofilm biology in you tube and how this microbial "slime" holds a huge number of microbes together, getting released from antibiofilm agents.

It took me months to start feeling better, with the addition of grapefruit seed extract and continuing synthetic antibiotics.

I buy sodium chlorite bulk powder from ebay, should be $2-3 for a years supply, there are online "recipes" to turn it to chlorine dioxide using citric acid from the supermarket, weird stuff but works for the difficult cases.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

Which begs the question, Playground... is the longterm delay in AD progression due to coconut oil consumption related more to bypassing OXPHOS, or to actually killing the pathogens most responsible for the explosion of plaque? I think it's clear at this point that the short term effect is entirely mitochrondrial, but the long term may be a combination of both.

And yeah, Strangelove, what's up with this "no links" policy? I can't seem to post anything with a link it in as of the last couple days.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 02 July 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#34 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

This quote is taken from:  http://www.coconutre...arch Center.pdf

quote:

A large number of studies are showing a direct correlation between chronic
low-grade bacterial and viral infections and coronary heart disease. The primary
culprits are Chlamydia pneumoniae, Cytomegalovirus, and Helicobacter pylori. Each
of these pathogenic organisms as well as many others are effectively killed by the
medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil. Coconut oil, therefore, can reduce risk of
heart disease.

I wonder how much you need to take to get these anti-bacterial / anti-viral effects.

playground.

I've been doing some research trying to find an answer to the important question of:

How much coconut oil do you need to take each day to get the anti-bacterial benefits ?

The answer is between 2 and 4 tablespoons (not teaspoons) per day.

Interestingly, 3 tablespoons was the daily amount given by Dr Mary Newport to her husband Steve

when she discovered that coconut oil could serve as an alternative fuel source for the brain.

In a 2013 presentation Dr Newport recommended  that people 'begin with' 1 tablespoon of coconut

oil 2 to 4 times a day (She also recommends coconut oil in preference MCT oil because

coconut oil lasts longer in the blood).

See here:

The following account offers a plausible explanation for how monolaurin works against the bacteria hiding

away in joints.  It's also an interesting read, so...  I quote this account below:

Although arthritis can occur at almost any age, the risk of developing this degenerative disease increases as we get older. Many doctors consider it an unavoidable part of the aging process. They give their patients pain killers and tell them to "learn to live with it."

Over the years many theories have been proposed as to the cause of arthritis including food allergies, genetics, trauma, and infection. As the evidence mounts it is becoming evident that arthritis occurs primarily as a consequence of infection. Researchers have identified numerous bacteria, viruses, and fungi with all the forms of arthritis. The disease can be triggered by almost any type of infection, such as the flu, a urinary tract infection, or even candidiasis. The most common cause, however, appears to be from infected teeth and gums. Bacteria from oral infections can easily filter into the bloodstream and cause secondary infections in the joints.

If arthritis is caused by microorganisms then you might think the solution would be simple—antibiotics! While antibiotics can help with the systemic condition, they often have little effect on the joints. One of the reasons for this is that joints do not have a blood supply like other organs. Our joints are encased in a tough protective membrane. Blood cannot pass through this membrane, but bacteria can. Consequently, joints make a good hiding place for them.

Without blood circulation, white blood cells and antibiotics are less effective in fighting off invasion. If the infection is caused by a virus or fungus, antibiotics are completely useless. Chronic infection in the joints can cause arthritis during or immediately after an illness or it may not show up for months or years. Infections can flair up whenever the body is put under stress. Therefore, people with no apparent symptoms or who have only a mild case of arthritis can go alone fine without problem and then suddenly be hit was an attack of arthritis pain. Triggers can be anything that stresses the body such as poor diet, allergies, illness, excessive physical or emotional stress, exposure to toxins, and even aging.

If antibiotics are of little value in combating the arthritic infections what can be done? Knowing what causes arthritis provides a key to understanding the cure. The book The New Arthritis Cure: Eliminate Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Pain Permanently outlines several important steps you must take to overcome this crippling disease, stop the pain, and restore flexibility and motion.

The first step is to build up your immune system so it can more effectively fight off chronic infection. The primary way to do this is by dietary modification. In fact, a poor diet is a major contributing factor to the development of arthritis. A lack of good nutrition depresses immune function allowing infection to spread and migrate into joint tissues. A diet consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, organic meat, eggs, and dairy and the reduction or elimination of overly processed foods is a must. Sweets and refined carbohydrates are the worst offenders. They contain little nutritional value, deplete essential nutrients during metabolism, and feed oral and intestinal microorganisms that cause most of the trouble.

The second step is to actively fight off the infection within the body and the joints. Antibiotics have only a limited ability. They cannot fight viruses, fungi, or drug resistant bacteria. However, there is a natural product that can. That product is coconut oil. Unlike any other dietary oil, coconut oil is composed predominately of a unique group of fat molecules known as medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids possess potent antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral activity. Taking 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil daily, with meals can help rid your body of chronic infection.

The third step is to address your oral health. Since the vast majority of arthritis cases involve oral infections, this is an essential step. If you have any known dental issues you need to get them taken care of.  Regular tooth brushing, flossing, and the use of mouthwash are not enough to remove infection and keep it out. Many people with good oral hygiene habits still get infections. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 90 percent of the population has some level of tooth decay. So apparently these methods aren't working. What does work is a process called oil pulling. Oil pulling is basically rinsing your mouth with vegetable oil, much like you would a mouthwash. However, in this case you would rinse your mouth for 15-20 minutes at a time at least once daily, before breakfast. After breakfast you would brush your teeth as normal. The oil attracts and collects the microorganisms in your mouth along with toxins, mucous, and pus. After swishing the oil in your mouth for the allotted time, spit it out, then rinse your mouth with water. Your mouth will feel clean and refreshed. There are other steps described in the book, but these are the most crucial.

(source: http://www.coconutre... Arthritis.htm)

So there you have it... 2 to 4 tablespoons per day.  For both the MCT for neural energy and for antibiotic protection. 

So i guess:  average sized women should take 2;  averaged sized men should take 3;  large, perhaps overweight, people should take 4.

The account (above) suggests that antibiotic medications can't reach joint tissue and this is why antibiotics

haven't previously worked against arthritis.  This may be true, ...but... I think the compounds in the antibiotics are

smaller than the pathogens, so perhaps, they can reach the tissues of joints.  I think... perhaps ... they've just used

the wrong antibiotics for the specific pathogen(s) that cause arthritis.

I might just add that the literature makes it clear that the variety of coconut oil which has these antibiotic properties is

'organic cold pressed' coconut oil.  This is the more expensive variety.  The cheaper coconut oil labelled as 'purified'

or 'refined' or 'pure' has been processed.. eg: heat treated.. and has lost it's anti-biotic properties.

playground

PS..  links seem to work for me.  Maybe links only work for members. 

Is this to deter spammers and advertisers, i wonder.

I've noticed some posts about sunifiram that were obviously marketing propaganda.

I suspect this measure will be counter-productive, in that it will restrict registered

users' ability to communicate freely.

Edited by playground, 02 July 2015 - 12:30 PM.

• like x 1

#35 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

Which begs the question, Playground... is the longterm delay in AD progression due to coconut oil consumption related more to bypassing OXPHOS, or to actually killing the pathogens most responsible for the explosion of plaque? I think it's clear at this point that the short term effect is entirely mitochrondrial, but the long term may be a combination of both.

And yeah, Strangelove, what's up with this "no links" policy? I can't seem to post anything with a link it in as of the last couple days.

hi RG,

plaques:

I suspect the 'explosion of plaque' is down to some sequence of events that includes:

1.  the immune system creating amyloid proteins in response to a pathogen

2.  the involvement of glycotoxins in gluing the amyloid proteins together to create plaques and tangles

I think it may be more difficult for our bodies to remove these proteins once they're glued together.

So,... it's probably important for those with dementia (or those on the road to dementia: with T2D

or pre-diabetes) to change their cooking habits (and eating habits) to ensure they have a low-glycotoxin

environment in their body.

It's a good idea to do as you're doing, RG... which is to supplement with Curcumin and add turmeric to

your diet in order to facilitate the break up of these plaques.  It might also be a good idea to take other

herbs known to dis-aggregate amyloid and tau:  turkey rhubarb root (from essiac) and danshen (from danhong).

There are probably other herbs that do this too.

It's probably also a good idea to take 'detox' measures too: 

NAC, vitamin C, coffee enemas, aerobic exercise. etc.

blood sugar:

I suspect the pathogens consume the glucose in our blood (i.e. our blood sugar).

So diabetes presents a utopia to some pathogens.  I know that candida likes a sugar

rich environment, as does Chlamydia trachomatis (the sexually transmitted infection) and it wouldn't

surprise me to discover that Chlamydia pneumoniae does too.

Probably, this 'consuming glucose' property it's true for some pathogens and not others.

In any case, consuming coconut oil, nuts, seeds, ... any fats except trans-fats ... would be a good idea

because it provides an impoverished environment for glucose consuming pathogens.

Probably, the numbers of these pathogens is in some kind of equilibrium with their food supply.

Reduce their food supply, reduce their numbers.

dormant not dead:

We normally assume that loss of memory and cognitive ability in dementias is a result

of the death of neural cells.  But maybe that's not quite right.

When you read the Dr Mary Newport accounts of her giving coconut oil to her husband Steve

there is an interesting detail that no one seems to comment on.   It's this:  Steve was getting

scores of around 14 on some dementia test (the clock test, perhaps).   After taking the coconut

oil for some days he started scoring 18.  Dr Newport reports that in the weeks and months

following the coconut oil 'discovery' Steve got noticeably better:

He had less brain fog in the mornings.  He could figure out how to get water out of the fridge.

he smiled more, he initiated conversation more, he had less confusion over kitchen utensils,

his hand tremor lessened, his walking gait improved.   This is normally taken to mean that

neural cells can run on two forms of energy: (1) glucose (2) medium chain triglycerides (MCT).

The detail which i think is commonly missed is that the improvement in Steve's cognition

must have been because neural cells were dormant and not dead.  If these brain cells

were dead, there could be no recovery of function and memory.  So there must be a

dormancy stage that neural cells go through before being lost forever.  How long does

this dormancy stage last ?  I don't know, but i'll guess at 1 to 6 months.

The implication of this is that.... you can indefinitely postpone the mass loss of brain cells

by feeding yourself coconut oil on a daily basis (2 to 4 tablespoons according to Dr Newport).

...but in the long term

RG, yes, i agree with you.... that in the long term coconut oil is probably doing both:

1. acting as a fuel source for neural cells

2. killing off the pathogens that contributed to the neural die off in the first place.

So, happily,.. it works in two beneficial ways.

cerebral shrinkage:

My mind keeps coming back to cerebral shrinkage.  I imagine that brain cells die off and the

body clears out the dead neural cells and over time.. the brain shrinks.

Consider the opposite scenario. Consider the physical features of an 8 year old child. 

Consider the same individual aged 16 years. The child has probably grown by an extra

12 to 24 inches in height.  His/her legs, arms, body... everything has grown in size...

including the head and brain.  There isnt' a big gap between the brain and skull of a 16 year

old child, they've both grown together.

Question:  What made the body (and brain) of the 16 year old grow ?

Currently, the received wisdom tells us it's human growth hormone (HGH) that does this.

And there is a recent review article suggesting that HGH causes neurogenesis in adults.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25156632

There are lots of articles on pubmed suggesting that thyroid hormones

are causal of adult neurogenesis. Here's one paper from June 2015:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25772646

(note: production of these hormones relies on adequate iodine, and most people

are deficient - so... eat more sea fish and/or buy sea kelp tablets)

Perhaps it's regular neurosteriods (pregnenolone, testosterone, DHT etc)... 

or perhaps there are receptors related to GCSF ... that induce whole brain growth.

The important point is that it must be possible to reverse shrinkage, because

our bodies 'grow' our brains naturally during adolescence.

playground

Edited by playground, 02 July 2015 - 03:35 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#36 kaskiles

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

I've read about Nattokinase and Serrapeptase for plaques, but it seems they could also just be snake oil.

I believe one theory is that some of the infecting microbes could be hiding out in protein base scar tissue, and these two would help break that blocking tissue down.

But then another site said the two enzymes cannot survive our digestion system, so they could never get where they need to be for the scar tissue breakdown.

Anyway, maybe the CP is hiding out in the plaques...

#37 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

I've read about Nattokinase and Serrapeptase for plaques, but it seems they could also just be snake oil.

I believe one theory is that some of the infecting microbes could be hiding out in protein base scar tissue, and these two would help break that blocking tissue down.

But then another site said the two enzymes cannot survive our digestion system, so they could never get where they need to be for the scar tissue breakdown.

Anyway, maybe the CP is hiding out in the plaques...

There is a nice study from 2009 about the effect of nattokinase on amyloid fibrils.

title: Amyloid Degrading Ability of Nattokinase from Bacillus Subtilis Natto

Here's a link to the pdf:

http://www.alohamedi...tilis-Natto.pdf

here's a quote taken from the discussion:

Nattokinase not only dissolved blood clots (9) but also degraded amyloid fibrils.

Our amyloid-degrading studies demonstrated that it is active at neutral pH and body temperature.

Previous results in rats, dogs, and humans have suggested that nattokinase can enter the circulation

when taken orally (11, 12), so it has the potential to clear amyloid deposits in various parts of the body.

In this study they managed to alleviate Alzheimer's like symptoms in a rat model.

title:  Serrapeptase and nattokinase intervention for relieving Alzheimer's disease pathophysiology in rat model.

source: http://het.sagepub.c.../7/721.abstract

Natto is basically gooey soya beans.  It's usually sold in little polystyrene pots of 100 grams.  So not much.

I wonder how much natto you'd have to eat at one sitting to get a biologically active level of nattokinase

into your brain ?  One pot ? Two ? Three ? Four ?  

I guess you could make a meal with N number of pots of natto, add a small portion of rice or

a few veggies or mixed salad.  Consume weekly.... perhaps that would be sufficient.

The alternative would be to simply take Nattokinase supplements. 

It appears these are readily available on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/...e&_sacat=172008

And for those considering this route to a clean brain,..

i might add that there's several youtube videos on Nattokinase. 

playground

Edited by playground, 02 July 2015 - 11:23 PM.

• Informative x 1

#38 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

The following study looked at whether ketone esters alone would have an effect

on amyloid and tau levels in a mouse model of Alzheimer's.  They found that

these ketone esters _did_ reduce both amyloid and tau pathologies.

What's a ketone ?

When your body runs out of carbohydrates and begins to burn fat for energy

it does so by taking fats (like lauric acid or monolaurin in coconut oil) and

reducing them (removing an oxygen atom) to turn them into ketones.

The ketones then circulates in the blood and can be used by cells for energy.

Fats are basically a carbon chain with an acid 'head' with COOH.

That's a carbon with an oxygen (double bond), plus an alcohol group OH.

Ketones are basically fat with the COOH changed to COR where R might

be H or CH3 etc... something else, that's not OH.

We know that the anti-biotic features of coconut oil are associated with

lauric acid and monolaurin (both of which are fats). 

This study didn't feed fats to mice, they fed ketones to mice.

The ketones alone were clearing amyloid and tau.

Presumably, this is why RG has been on a ketogenic diet for several months.

Were the ketones of this study those which correspond to lauric acid ? 

Which fats did these ketones correspond to ?

Sadly, the abstract doesn't tell us and i can't find the full text of the article.

If anyone can dig up the full text of this article, please post it ....

(or send me a message .. given that non-members can't post links any more)

If there's a lesson from this it is that ... to get the maximum benefits from eating coconut oil

you should put yourself on a reduced carbohydrate diet, in order to burn your fat supplies. 

The reduced fat, the ketones, may help clear the amyloid and tau from your brain.

playground.

Neurobiol Aging. 2013 Jun;34(6):1530-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2012.11.023. Epub 2012 Dec 29.

A ketone ester diet exhibits anxiolytic and cognition-sparing properties, and lessens amyloid and tau pathologies in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.

Abstract

Alzheimer's disease (AD) involves progressive accumulation of amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) and neurofibrillary pathologies, and glucose hypometabolism in brain regions critical for memory. The 3xTgAD mouse model was used to test the hypothesis that a ketone ester-based diet can ameliorate AD pathogenesis. Beginning at a presymptomatic age, 2 groups of male 3xTgAD mice were fed a diet containing a physiological enantiomeric precursor of ketone bodies (KET) or an isocaloric carbohydrate diet. The results of behavioral tests performed at 4 and 7 months after diet initiation revealed that KET-fed mice exhibited significantly less anxiety in 2 different tests. 3xTgAD mice on the KET diet also exhibited significant, albeit relatively subtle, improvements in performance on learning and memory tests. Immunohistochemical analyses revealed that KET-fed mice exhibited decreased Aβ deposition in the subiculum, CA1 and CA3 regions of the hippocampus, and the amygdala. KET-fed mice exhibited reduced levels of hyperphosphorylated tau deposition in the same regions of the hippocampus, amygdala, and cortex. Thus, a novel ketone ester can ameliorate proteopathic and behavioral deficits in a mouse AD model.

Edited by playground, 03 July 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#39 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

Neurobiol Aging. 2013 Jun;34(6):1530-9. doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2012.11.023. Epub 2012 Dec 29.

A ketone ester diet exhibits anxiolytic and cognition-sparing properties, and lessens amyloid and tau pathologies in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.

Abstract

Alzheimer's disease (AD) involves progressive accumulation of amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) and neurofibrillary pathologies, and glucose hypometabolism in brain regions critical for memory. The 3xTgAD mouse model was used to test the hypothesis that a ketone ester-based diet can ameliorate AD pathogenesis. Beginning at a presymptomatic age, 2 groups of male 3xTgAD mice were fed a diet containing a physiological enantiomeric precursor of ketone bodies (KET) or an isocaloric carbohydrate diet. The results of behavioral tests performed at 4 and 7 months after diet initiation revealed that KET-fed mice exhibited significantly less anxiety in 2 different tests. 3xTgAD mice on the KET diet also exhibited significant, albeit relatively subtle, improvements in performance on learning and memory tests. Immunohistochemical analyses revealed that KET-fed mice exhibited decreased Aβ deposition in the subiculum, CA1 and CA3 regions of the hippocampus, and the amygdala. KET-fed mice exhibited reduced levels of hyperphosphorylated tau deposition in the same regions of the hippocampus, amygdala, and cortex. Thus, a novel ketone ester can ameliorate proteopathic and behavioral deficits in a mouse AD model.

Question 1:  How do ketones reduce amyloid and tau levels in the brain ?

Answer 1:  It's not clear, however, part of an answer lies in the following facts:

=> Ketones have the effect of increasing cerebral blood flow by nearly 40%
=> Ketones are potent anti-oxidants.  

=> Ketones have anti-inflammatory action.

See the following presentation from 48:00 to 50:00

source:

Question 2:  Is it really true that ... to reduce amyloid and tau.... you can simply eat a high fat, low carbohydrate diet ?

If the above cited research is correct, then... apparently... yes.

It might be a good idea to go on such a diet  and then take supplements known to disaggregate amyloid and tau:

=> rosmarinic acid  (from spearmint or supplements)

=> ECGG  (from green tea or supplements)

=> nattokinase (from natto or supplements)

=> danshen (chinese herb)

=> curcurmin supplements

=> turmeric powder (in soups / stews / curries)

And continue to eat  2 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil for it's anti-biotic and brain-fuelling properties.

Perhaps adding a cup of essiac tea before bedtime... again for it's detoxing and antibiotic effects.

playground

Edited by playground, 03 July 2015 - 12:52 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#40 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:38 PM

Those are some very rich posts, Playground. Perhaps this thread really should have been entitled "Bankrupting Alzheimer's" because that's effectively what you're doing when you disaggregate plaques, kill pathogens, and defund the glucose budget in favor of ketone bodies. (But unfortunately titles are not changeable.)

And yes, that's precisely why I've been following a ketogenic diet since earlier this year. It's effects on cancer are equally impressive, BTW. And there again, I think most of the effect is due to glucose impoverishment, which in that case bankrupts the energy system (glycopathological "Warburg" mitochondria) fueling malignant tumors. It's impressive that energy shutdown in cancer can be accomplished with the same food source as energy support in AD. But if we rewind to the early stages of either disease, it may as you suggest be the monolaurin which matters most, not for its glucose suppression properties, but for its antibiotic ones.

You are correct: refined coconut oil ("MCT oil") does not contain lauric acid. This is a calculated tradeoff which results in deeper ketosis at the expense of the antibiotic properties. Personally, I switched away from virgin coconut oil a while back simply because high-grade MCT oil has virtually no taste at all, whereas virgin oil is quite disgusting. The result is a synergistic effect: deeper ketosis per gram consumed, plus an ability to consume more grams. Having said that, under infective circumstances, the virgin oil would probably make more sense.

And of course, this all gets back to AGEs: less glucose means fewer cross links. But heavy metal ions (and probably aluminum ions) could make up the difference, so in order to truly inhibit junk protein aggregation, we need to accomplish chelation somehow (with curcumin, for example), while being careful not to be too disruptive to vital circulating ions such as calcium.

Nattokinase probably deserves its own thread. Natto has been promoted for its vascular health properties on account of its vitamin K2 properties, but the amyloid disaggregation feature is news to me.

AFAIK GCSF acts purely on the bone marrow, prompting the release of CD34+ cells into the circulation. I have no reason to expect brain receptors for it.

And anyone reading this should be aware of lostfalco's bleeding edge memory enhancement research (above and beyond his laser protocol). See the studies which he linked on this page.

Finally, big thanks to whoever fixed the no-links-allowed policy! It seems that links are working again.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 03 July 2015 - 02:47 PM.

• like x 1

#41 playground

• Topic Starter
  • 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

I've created a new thread for exploring ketogenic diets further.

The thread his here for those interested:

http://www.longecity...ogenic-diet-kd/

#42 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

This is probably why methylene blue works so well as an alzheimer's treatment.    It is a proven anti-microbial, anti-parasitic agent that easily crosses the blood brain barrier.  Drug companies are currently trying to figure out a way to sell it to you for $50 a pill, instead of the price of almost free that the 100 year old pharmaceutical actually costs.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#43 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:24 AM

This is probably why methylene blue works so well as an alzheimer's treatment.    It is a proven anti-microbial, anti-parasitic agent that easily crosses the blood brain barrier.  Drug companies are currently trying to figure out a way to sell it to you for $50 a pill, instead of the price of almost free that the 100 year old pharmaceutical actually costs.

I remember a diagram somewhere showing how methylene blue interacts with LLLT to support neural metabolism at the mitochondrial level. Unfortunately, it's very hard to search for graphics as opposed to text. So all I can offer is the related discussion here which provides some theory behind it's mechanism of action, and has nothing to do with antimicrobial properties. However, as in the case of virgin coconut oil, it's possible that a metabolic enhancer might coincidentally have antimicrobial properties. (Or is it just that all metabolic enhancers stimulate immune cells into action?) Anyway, you've raised an interesting theory and might want to join that thread.

#44 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

My mother had walking pneumonia not too long before she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  She also had a virus attack her nerves that caused terrible nerve pain in her arm for months.  And was also mildly anemic.  Diabetes runs strongly in her family, but she didn't have it.  Other than a few hiccups, she was extremely healthy and age 67.  If any of this helps anyone looking for a cure.

My mom came down with AD after I became a member here in 2009.  I think...  She has been deceased for a year now, if this gives you any clue how fast hers was,

Edited by katrina, 05 July 2015 - 06:45 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#45 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Alzheimers diabetes 3 is confined to the brain so does not show up in blood tests. My Aunt took decades to die from Alizheimers. She had chelation therapy. Your Mother being a member here must have tried to find a solution? Did she? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alzheimers, chlamydia pneumoniae, chlamydia, balin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users