Gotu Kola vs. Bacopa?

herbal nootropics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VampiricPsion

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

Which has a stronger effect on concentration and focus: gotu kola, or bacopa? Or is there some other herb that is even stronger than these two?

I am looking for an herb that can improve my meditation. I have trouble staying focused on the task at hand (meditating).

Thank you.

#2 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:46 AM

You can order mixtures of the two, as I believe Brahmi traditionally referred to both plants.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 VampiricPsion

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

I found the following information on another herb: shankhapushpi.

I am unable to post links at this point, but I found information from a medical website stating that 2 doses of this herb significantly improved memory and cognitive function in rats, although there is little human data on the effects of this herb with respect to cognitive function.

I think I will give all three a try and compare them separately, starting with shankhapushpi. I'll do shankhapushpi, then gotu kola, then bacopa. I am still looking into what exactly brahmi is; thank you.

#4 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Bacopa took a long time to kick in for me--six or seven weeks--so you might have to be patient. But it is my favourite now.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

Bacopa took a long time to kick in for me--six or seven weeks--so you might have to be patient. But it is my favourite now.

Heard this too. Havent taken bacopa that long, so cant say anything about that.

Have tried both bacopa and gotu kola and personally I´ve noticed from gotu kola rather sedation but also anxiolytic/stress relief whereas I had from bacopa rather minor effects like better memory.

So nothing great in terms of cognition but I guess everyone responds differently.

Edited by Flex, 30 June 2015 - 01:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users