* * * * * 1 votes

Scientist Claims Immortality Coming Soon - Full story July 5th

telomeres

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Dr Bill Andrews, an American research scientist says he is close to discovering a 'cure' for ageing, that he could have a drug ready for testing by the end of next year.

Dr Andrews believes that he can find a small molecule that will trigger the production of Telomerase in the body, which will lengthen the Telomeres and stop, or even reverse the ageing process. If he's successful, he says we could all end up looking and feeling 24 years old again.

You can see the full story on SUNDAY, 7pm on One.

Fingers crossed this guy isn't just another quack.  Someday, someone out there is bound to get it right.  

Scientist claims immortality within reach

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • like x 1

#2 katrina

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

Dr. William H. Andrews has worked in the biotech industry for 31 years, focusing the last 19 years on finding ways to extend human life span through the intervention of telomere shortening in human cells. Dr. Andrews earned his Ph.D. in Molecular and Population Genetics at the University of Georgia. He was a Senior Scientist at Armos Corporation and Codon Corporation, Director of Molecular Biology at Codon and at Geron Corporation, and Director of Technology Development at EOS Biosciences. He is presently the founder, President, and CEO of Sierra Sciences, a biotechnology company focused exclusively on finding drugs that will transiently induce the expression of endogenous telomerase inhuman cells. Sierra Sciences has already identified more than 30 such drugs and is presently characterizing their mechanism of action. While Director of Molecular Biology at Geron Corporation, Dr. Andrews was one of the principal discoverers of both the RNA and protein components of humantelomerase and was awarded second place as "National Inventor of the Year" in 1997 for this work. He is presently a named inventor on 43 U.S- issued telomerase patents

About Dr Andrews

#3 katrina

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

Is this it?  It is awfully short...  In this video he admits being the first to try another companies TA-65.  And he also gave it to his father,  He feels it has had some affect but he is still aiming to make something more potent,

His father sounds pretty, "with it" for a man in his eighties.  Anyways, I will follow this mans work and cross my fingers, 

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

I think it's safe to say he does not have a cure for aging. At the very best he will have something that will add a few % of meaningful life/healthspan to us and not at the same time give us massive tumor disease as a side-effect.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

Immortality and scientist in the same sentence. Ref flag.

#6 katrina

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

Yeah I know...  Just watching to see what happens.  I thought there would have been more to this.  What a disappointment,  What I did get out of this was seeing an 80 something year old man who took TA-65.  I know I have read about folks taking it here, but I got to see it on video.  Still looks old to me, but his mind is sharp.  Could have been like that already though.

As for the scientist who takes it, he is not much older than me, and looks old.  Folks say I look like I am in my thirties.  I will stick with my cucurmin, grape seed extract, and MitoQ face serum.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

do stopping telomeres from shortening stop aging or not ??

#8 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

I suspect not, although the final chapter on telomeres seems to have yet been written as their science is still being learned. Maybe a major boost to health span and vitality.

#9 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

I suspect not, although the final chapter on telomeres seems to have yet been written as their science is still being learned. Maybe a major boost to health span and vitality.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4666424

#10 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

From memory. Isn't Bill Andrews one of the guys who was part of the company that sold or sells TA65 ?

#11 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

From memory. Isn't Bill Andrews one of the guys who was part of the company that sold or sells TA65 ?

Yes, and now he's joined Liz Parish and together they're forming BioViva Fiji:

https://youtu.be/xmI0DjERHQU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telomeres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users