• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How far away are we from being able to reverse anxiety/depressive disorders?

stress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

How many years away are we from effectively being able to permanently reverse anxiety/depressive disorders triggered by stress with medication?
'

What's the most likely mechanism of action to deliver the therapeutic effects of reversing these conditions?

Has there been any encouraging breakthroughs in the past 6-12 months in this field? (Any links to studies or news articles, would be great)
  • Enjoying the show x 2

#2 YimYam

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

Haha, im guessing from the lack of response and "enjoying the show" we're a good distance away! Bummer...

• Enjoying the show x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 YimYam

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:57 AM

Enjoying the show are we? I like that. Trying to play dirty are we? I can wait.... :)

• Enjoying the show x 2

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

Well... there are several different novel neurotrophic agents in the works - such as NSI-189 and Dihexa, that shows great promise - especially when used in conjunction.

Whether they will work out is anyone's guess at the moment, since the studies aren't done yet - but the results have been promising enough.

Anxiety and depression are complex diseases tho', so it might not be enough to create drugs that allow the brain to repair itself, many-fold times faster than normal.

Hard to say, but if I was to make a wild guess, we might be something like 20-30 years away from the truly efficient and wide-spread treatments that I imagine you are asking about.

• Enjoying the show x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:26 AM

I've been taking NSI-189 & either modafinil or armodafinil for a couple of weeks. I feel much better lately but I've been through too many "wonder drugs" to have any faith this stability will last.
  • Enjoying the show x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users