• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Complete lack of response to phenibut - what does it say about my body, GABA receptors and social anxiety?

phenibut anxiety gaba

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soul searching

• 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

It's only recently that I have became interested in nootropics and the like. As somebody dealing with social anxiety, I was very excited to test out phenibut. I do recognize that isn't considered a nootropic by many and that tolerance and addiction can build rapdily. However I wanted to at least experience its effects and perhaps save it for emergencies. The first time I tried it, I felt nothing. The second time, exactly a week after, nothing. I endured a period of not eating for 16 hours (to ensure I was on a completely empty stomach) and gradually worked my way up to 3g. Despite this I felt absolutely nothing, not even any nausea or tiredness.

For the record I have never messed with benzos and drink rarely. Alcohol has the expected and desired effects  and I'm pretty 'lightweight'. I'm curious about what this means relative to my anxiety, whether perhaps it means that GABA is or is not a root problem. I have never been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but my focus levels are usually awful and I maladaptive daydream both to point where it would certainly be considered abnormal. I am 'zoned-out' most of the time leading to people reguarly asking whether I am ok or high. I'm not really depressed, and my baseline anxiety levels are relatively mild but I have many many obsessive thoughts, after all, I can't stop thinking, and it's usually about menial stuff.

It jsut doesn't make sense how it's like my GABA receptors are fried without using any drugs. I'm considering taking fasoracetam to see if it can have any positive effects on this.

#2 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

Just keep increasing by 500mg at a time and you'll find your sweet spot. I've settled in around the 4-5 gram range and anything under dont feel it at all.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Soul searching

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

Just keep increasing by 500mg at a time and you'll find your sweet spot. I've settled in around the 4-5 gram range and anything under dont feel it at all.

Can I ask how much you way? 3g itself is considered a pretty huge dose and I'm not the biggest guy around but I'll try this out.

And so you know why your tolerance is so high? How are you with other drugs?

Thanks.

#4 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

OP where did your phenibut come from?  Does it taste like sour acid, burnt tire?  And did you give it two hours to work?

#5 Soul searching

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

OP where did your phenibut come from?  Does it taste like sour acid, burnt tire?  And did you give it two hours to work?

I got this: http://www.powermyse...CFVTKtAodzLkOSQ

I took a bit out of one capsule to taste but forgot what it was like. I remember it tasting reasonably better than other supplements I've tasted like NAC. And yeah, I know that depending on the person it can take anywhere from an hour to 5 hours to work.

#6 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

Can I ask how much you way? 3g itself is considered a pretty huge dose and I'm not the biggest guy around but I'll try this out.

Thanks.

The more you search phenibut you'll find that there's a lot of people that take larger doses. I'm not a huge guy but you wouldn't want me falling on you either and phenibut is really the only supplement or nootropic or legal drug I really feel and it can kick your arse if you dose too high. I really find no difference to taking with or without food and probably prefer with food as on an empty stomach it can be a bit upsetting.

Never tried the stuff you've bought and only ever bought as a bulk powder but as said, the taste is nasty, bitter sour screw your face up nasty so unless you've bought some that is the Free Amino Acid or FAA which isn't unpleasant from reports.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Soul searching

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Thanks.

The more you search phenibut you'll find that there's a lot of people that take larger doses. I'm not a huge guy but you wouldn't want me falling on you either and phenibut is really the only supplement or nootropic or legal drug I really feel and it can kick your arse if you dose too high. I really find no difference to taking with or without food and probably prefer with food as on an empty stomach it can be a bit upsetting.

Never tried the stuff you've bought and only ever bought as a bulk powder but as said, the taste is nasty, bitter sour screw your face up nasty so unless you've bought some that is the Free Amino Acid or FAA which isn't unpleasant from reports.

I've taken the phenibut out of the capsules and tasted it. It honestly wasn't bad, and like I said, it was nothing compared to NAC. I'm starting to assume that I got shit quality and maybe just a naturally high tolerance. It seems I do for quite a few drugs, felt nothing from 1mg etizolam so I'm going to try and step the dosage up on that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, anxiety, gaba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users