Bad Drug Reaction - Tianeptine Sulfate + Alcohol

combinations alertness decrease help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Okay so a bit stupid I know but on Thursday last week I took Tianeptine as it has just arrived from the post. I took 40mg, and felt okay and then later on in the day one of my mates asked me out as I haven't seen them for ages. I took the Tianeptine right before I went out to meet them and it took me two hours to get to their place. I walked. 

So I got their and after 30 mins of chatting I drunk some alcohol. I had a mixture of vodka and rum in one drink and in the other I had something else I wasn't to sure on, and I had a beer on top of that. So, I got the bus home and I went to bed. When I woke up all of my alertness and personality felt different. My time perception was kinda gone a bit as well. 

Now, it has been 8 days since I did all of that and I haven't taken anything else since but my alertness still feels decreased. I'm not sure what to do or if I just need to wait it out a bit longer. Apparently people tell me that my personality seems more "open" and I'm able to express myself a lot more than usual. My sense of humor is a lot better but still I'd rather have my alertness / cognitive function over anything else. No other symptoms are reported. Now I have three questions on my mind as to why I opened this thread: 

1) What can I do to help? 

2) Will I ever get better and feel normal again? 

3) what do you think has caused this? 

P.S. I do have brain fog in general, but I mean this is so much worse. It's like the bigger version of brain fog. I feel less aware and less alert, which in turn makes me feel anxious. This kinda thing has happened before when I drunk vodka around my mates house. Although I had a lot worse symptoms back then. I had slower breathing, twitching, sleep apnea, insomnia, tinnitus, anxiety, depression and if I can remember I was taking GABA supplements i'm not to sure. Still I don't have any of that this time, it's just the fog. 

I just didn't know if it could be an issue with my kidneys or liver causing the brain fog, or maybe a brain chemical imbalance?? 

Again, thanks for all your help. I guess I should really pay more attention next time as to what I'm taking. I wish I didn't take this combination now as I feel like I'm not going to get my cognition back... 

Thanks. 

#2 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hmm...I've never had any reaction between the two.  What you are describing sounds like some minor anxiety issues (IMO the root of much of what people describe as "brain fog").

I'm guessing the less you think about the symptoms, the less you'll experience them.

You will be fine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Well I can tell you 100% that this isn't anxiety. I dont know if it makes a difference but along with these i have been taking NSI-189 for a month. It's only now I've taken the alcohol and tianeptine sulfate that it's effected me. The sodium form used to be okay, used to uplift my mood whereas the sulfate just numbs me a bit. Really do want my alertness back i just feel less aware of my environment and feel spacey. Thanks for your reply :)
  • Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: combinations, alertness decrease, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users