STC claims to have developed 'epoch-making' stem cell treatment

stc-neps organs renewal growing stemcells utopia stem cell

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jans

• 75 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

STC-nEPS

If Lee Kye-ho's claim turns out to be true, humankind will be freed from Alzheimer's disease and many other incurable diseases in the near future and he will be eulogized as a "hero" who brings the world closer to a state of Utopia.

If Lee's stem cell treatment is proven to be effective without any of side effects ― as he claims ― the 56-year-old biological scientist and chairman of STC Group, a life science company, will amass a huge fortune instantly and put his name on the list of Nobel Prize laureates in medicine sooner or later.

Once patented, I will disclose all materials and technology I used to develop STC-nEPS," he said. "With them, scientists around the world will be able to verify whether my claim is true or not.

I hope it is not a hoax. Anyone has more data?

http://www.koreatime...123_183191.html

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Just hope it doesn't turn out to be a hoax like the japanese "shock your cells into pluripotency" researcher.

I don't think anyone would try to repeat that so soon. But who knows. There's crazy people everywhere.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

It sounds like he's claiming to have a chemical means of creating iPSC's.  It uses a marine natural product derived from a brown algae.   That's pretty cool, if true.  Korea's had more than its share of scientific fraud / results that didn't hold up, probably relating to a succeed or die funding climate, or some such thing.  This report is plausible, although I'm not so sure about the "epoch making" part.  If it's both efficient and easy, that would be pretty big.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#4 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Too much hype before showing the actual data.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#5 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

I'm betting that thi turns out to not be true. They seem to do it knowing full well they will be caught out so I don't see this as any different. Guy has 13 months plus 2 weeks to revel in his glory.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Too much hype before showing the actual data.

Lee:  You want data?  Show me the money.

Lee wants to attract investment of some 200 billion won ($172.5 million) for global patent registration, marketing and construction of mass-production facilities for STC-nEPS in Korea.

So, yeah...

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Why would this work, even in theory? Let's say that Mr. Lee has in fact identified a switch that can be thrown, producing iPSCs at will. Then -- what? Embryonic stem cells, and presumably iPSCs, would be teratogenic, no?

EDIT: I just found this huge whitepaper on the technique and this apparent patent filing summary. Looks like he's already disclosed a lot. What do you all think? Inasmuch as my BS meter is screaming, especially when I see the photo of Mr. Lee with his hilarious Trump-like frown, fancy suit, and perfect hairdo, I would really hate to throw a winning lottery ticket in the trash.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 26 July 2015 - 02:42 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#8 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Teratogenic, cancerogenic? Maybe yes, maybe no. Noone can say before this to be checked in experiment. 

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stc-neps, organs, renewal, growing, stemcells, utopia, stem, cell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users