Best Magnesium for Anxiety?

magnesium

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

I'm wondering if others have used magnesium to help with anxiety (mainly social anxiety)?  If so, what form did you find to work best?  

I've tried magnesium glycinate.  It's great when taken before bed but is too sedating for daytime use.  

I briefly tried magnesium malate but found it increased my anxiety.  However, those results may have been confounded by other variables.  I'm considering giving the Jigsaw magnesium malate (slow release formula) a try to see if it works better for all-day anxiety relief.  

The other I've considered trying is magnesium taurate.  I'm considering this one because of taurine also being reported as working well for anxiety.  As someone that's very sensitive to caffeine, I've noticed that a redbull (basically just 80 mg of caffeine and I think 1 g of taurine) is very relaxing for me.  I'm assuming that's because of the taurine in it.  If so, then taking that combined with magnesium might work very well for anxiety.  

#2 Adam90

• 71 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

Citrate works for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users