• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Best stack alongside (perscription) Ritalin use.

nootropics ritalin stack brain health performance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saasom

• 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hi, 
I have used different nootropics for almost three years, in varying amounts and with varying goals in mind. 
Recently i was diagnosed with adult ADHD(Pi) and recommended Ritalin instant release. 
The psychiatrist who did the testing told me that due to my circumstances (job with a combination of highly creative work and need for structure) i should view the Ritalin as reading glasses, to be used when needed. 
My question is this: 
Even with intermittent use, i am sure there are things to be done to 1. Limit negative effects of the drug on brain chemistry. 2. Boost positive effects. 3. Mitigate negative effects. 
Does anyone have experience or knowledge related to this? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

PS.
I have carefully weighed the pros and cons of using Ritalin in itself, so i would be grateful if we could avoid the whole is Ritalin creating mindless zombies discussion. ;)  

EDIT: Spelling - English is not my first language.

Edited by Saasom, 28 July 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Mrs Miggins

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

Ritalin is great, & the reading glasses analogy is an interesting one. For you non ADHD folk out there stimulants DO NOT stimulate adults with ADHD in the dosages prescribed, nor do they turn you into a zombie. I used to use mine to help me sleep. :-D Theres no block on creativity that I can think of either, but I know you do need to take a day off a week to stop yourself building up too much tolerance. Take it as often as you need, its just so useful for mood, patience etc as well as concentration.

A lot of people with ADHD struggle with irritability & mood so adding something with an anti depressant/mood boosting action could be really useful. Ive just starting taking Tianeptine (also known as Stablon, a European drug thats kind of a drug & kind of a Nootropic) & find it excellent. You have to take it 3 times a day but you could take it with your Ritalin. It has no side effects Ive noticed & has no effect on blood pressure etc.

By the way Saasom, your English is excellent.

Edited by Mrs Miggins, 25 August 2015 - 07:18 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, ritalin, stack, brain health, performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users