• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

get real. if you buy omega supplements, then buy this. $6 for a quality months supply of cod liver oil

cod liver oil

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whiteredflower

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Hi all,

I use to buy MorEPA, and I realised, it was a complete complete RIP OFF. They say on the site that its 95% quality and blah blah, what a load of shite. I paid 40 euro for 60 pills, ahhaha. what a ass.

anyway, I came across this, its cod liver oil by a icelandic company, its extremely cheap and gives you good shit.

https://www.icelandt...r-oil-lysi.html

• Disagree x 3
  • unsure x 1

#2 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

I can only warn you against this product. Either they confuse mg with mcg on the label (most likely), or this cod liver oil contains severely toxic amounts of vitamin A and potentially toxic amounts of vitamin D. Cod liver oil may, if fact, contain toxic amounts of vitamin A, but nowhere as high as stated on the label of this product, so I suppose they mean mcg, which would be OK but still more than I'd like to regularly ingest, as supplements containing high amounts of preformed vitamin A have been associated with increased mortality.

Anyway, I would never consume a supplement from a manufacturer that doesn't even get the units on the label right. Who knows what else they might mess up?

It's not even particularly good value. It's about 1€ per 8 g of EPA/DHA. The fish oil I take is ~1€ per 6 g of EPA/DHA, but it is multi-stage distilled (thus virtually free from fat-soluble pollutants), encapsulated (thus well protected from oxidation - I wouldn't by fish oil in a bottle because it will rapidly oxidize after first opening it), and produced by a large and reliable manufacturer.

Edited by timar, 29 July 2015 - 08:25 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cod liver oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users