- - - - -

My experiences with Piracetam and how I get it to work

piracetam stack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

I've been cycling on and off Piracetam for a several months. At first the effects were subtle, but after playing around with dosages, stacks, etc I think I've nailed it down.

In general, after taking Piracetam, I seem to have more "brainpower", more communication in my brain, especially in regards to emotions. This also includes an enhanced appreciation for music, mostly due to feeling more emotions from the songs. In fact, I went over a year without crying (or experiencing any meaningful emotions) due to severe depression, and after dosing Piracetam for a few days, I cried for several minutes just listening to one song, I felt very alive. I wasn't crying from sadness, it was from the flood of emotions that I normally don't experience.

In addition to all of this, Piracetam seems to increase level of arousal, social interaction becomes more entertaining, and my libido also improves quite a lot. I say "improve" because my depression seems to kill my libido most of the time, so this is actually a positive side effect.

Lastly, Piracetam seems to heighten my sensory awareness, verbal articulation, and concentration. In fact I've taken Piracetam many times before meditation as it helps quite a lot.

Overall I have noticed significant anti-depressive and nootropic effects from Piracetam, and I can't say I've noticed a single negative side effect. That said, sometimes I don't notice much at all, and I also understand that everyone has different brain chemistry and my methods may not apply to everyone, but I'll share my methodology.

---

First off: protein. Very important, as well as diet in general. I've noticed my protein intake increases quite a lot when I take Piracetam, and I'll be craving foods rich in protein like tuna, beef, and chicken breasts. If I eat carbs all day after taking Piracetam I feel like absolute shit. Getting quality sleep is also essential. If I'm tired, if I have a shitty diet, if I'm stressed and haven't lifted weights in a while, Piracetam has zero effect. This is something I will never stop recommending.

Another mention is cycling on and off. I've never taken Piracetam for more than 5 days in a row, I tend to take it for a few days in a row every other week. I mainly do this to save costs, because I use high dosages, which brings me to the last part, which is my stack.

First thing in the morning on an empty stomach I will take:

5g of Piracetam, 750mg of ALCAR, 2-3g of DHA heavy fish oil, 4000 IU of Vitamin D, and 5g of creatine.

The ALCAR and fish oil are especially important. Without them I don't really notice any effects whatsoever. I usually feel the Piracetam for about 4 hours before it starts to wear off, then I'll redose 5g of Piracetam and 1-2g of fish oil later in the day. I never take more than 10g a day.

I want to reiterate the importance of diet and sleep. Substances like Piracetam should not be used to "fix" or correct issues, it only seems to work when everything else is optimal.

Edited by Wingless, 31 July 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#2 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

Great post man. I find that Piracetam works well for me on days where I anticipate allot of social interaction, whether it's business meetings, presentations or just hanging out. And then I find it less useful, even counter-productive sometimes, for complex problem solving, planning and strategic thinking.

Edited by 88LS, 31 July 2015 - 10:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Wingless

• Topic Starter
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

Great post man. I find that Piracetam works well for me on days where I anticipate allot of social interaction, whether it's business meetings, presentations or just hanging out. And then I find it less useful, even counter-productive sometimes, for complex problem solving, planning and strategic thinking.

I agree. There is evidence Piracetam increases excitability via AMPA and NMDA glutamate receptors. It can be counterproductive in certain situations. 

I do think Piracetam goes well with Theanine for that reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users