Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Tablet vs. liquid deprenyl

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:17 AM

I've tried both liquid (citrate) and tablet deprenyl. When I take even 7 drops (equal to 7mg) of liquid deprenyl I feel slight acidic taste, but nothing really strong.

When I take 5mg tablet sublingually i got tongue anesthesia for 5-10 mins. It completly kills my tongue. There is no some specific taste to it, but it's definetly strong.

Now, it's either that liquid is inferior to tablets since you can hardly notice it, or because of different form (selegiline citrate / just selegiline) liquid form doesn't have such anesthetic effect and strong taste.

#2 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:07 AM

It's probably that the later of your two propositions is more correct. Also, you are comparing "just selegiline" to selegiline citrate. The "just selegiline" is actually selegiline HCL, which is going to have a different sensation in the tongue. I don't think the feeling you notice with the hydrochloride is necessarily indicative of greater action or absorbtion, but that data is out there somewhere I believe.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:46 AM

You're right, I forgot it's HCL which I guess should give a stronger taste. But again should the difference be so great?
Too bad there is not any data comparing the two, actually there is not many data on liquid at all.

#4 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

It is probably just as simple as taste. The drug manufacturers wanted the Selegiline Citrate(suspension) to have a better mouth feel. Whereas the tablets are conventionally swallowed, so taste isn't really a consideration.

#5 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:02 PM

It's not about taste. It's about if you take 5mg tablet and dissolve it under your tongue, it will feel you like just got a anesthesia injection. Just like when you go to dentist. You don't feel your tongue for about 5-10 mins. You can do whatever you want but you don't feel pain. So it's not only how it tastes, but what it does :)

#6 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

Well then, by that same token, there is little concern with a tablet's lingering effects in the mouth. This due to the fact that the drug manufacturers don't intend that particular product to be used sublingually :)

#7 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

It's not about taste, it's about effectivnes :) Has anyone found any studies comparing liquid and tablet deprenyl?

#8 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:58 PM

Damn I wish I had another comeback :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 littlelucyj

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Im New on here but from what i can tell this is the end of the thread about tablets vs liquid deprenyl.(?) Last comment being "Damn, i really wish i had a comeback for that!"i am interested in this drug and would like to know as well what the differences are. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users