- - - - -

Not feeling the phenibut magic anymore

phenibut tolerance withdrawal aniracetam l theanine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 123apk

• 66 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

So been a bit silly on phenibut. Been taking it 5 days a week with weekends off, but sometimes like last week for 12 days in a row (for work).
Been gradually upping dosage as I've felt it's effects lessen. Highest I've got up to is 3.5g this morning and I took it at 6 and I'm barely feeling it.
Usually it's good at switching me off to bothering about people and I feel it in my upper body. Originally it did give me a slight euphoria as well, gave me a nice feeling up my spinal chord that verged on orgasmic and made me happy and chatty and pro social. Also made me really motivated and quick thinking.

But now it's just keeping me awake and taking the edge of social anxiety a little bit. I feel like I'm reverting to my old self - miserable, lower motivation (although not as low when off it). The euphoria and feeling on my back are long gone, but the feeling of it in my upper body only went in the last two weeks. Talking isn't draining like it was before I was on it, but I'm not very social again.
Basically all I'm feeling is mild anti anxiety and wakefulness.

I guess I could up the dosage to ridiculous amounts, perhaps go up to 5g, but I think I'll just be doing more damage.

I took two days off on the weekend. Not enough to get the withdrawal symptoms that I had during a week off before, but I hoped it'd get it out of my system so I'd feel it more today.

The weekend off was fine. Took aniracetam to take any edge off anyway. Just didn't feel anything, like felt anhedonic. No energy, no motivation, no positive or negative thoughts, no sexual arousal. Just nothing. Not exactly nice, but beats full blown depression I guess.

I've got aniracetam and it doesn't really do anything for me. Very slight anti anxiety, on a good day it doesn't make me want to talk to people but stops me jumbling up words. But seems to make my eyes go half shut like if I was on weed but without the redness. Not really impressed with it tbh.

I think maybe my gaba b and dopamine receptors are up regulated.
So I'm worried they may take a while to repair...
So I'm thinking about l theanine, l taurine and mucuna. I'm thinking these might take the edge off anxiety and lack of energy and motivation, but I'm guessing they'll only work very mildly after phenibut.

Took a 5htp complex with inositol, l theanine and a load of other stuff in it before. Seems nice, not exactly amazing but makes me feel more rested the next day and kind of horny. Reacted strangely with phenibut though so I stopped taking it.

Anyone have any advice or opinions? So far my options look like weaning myself off phenibut and replacing it with those others. Anyone know how strong they are? Cheers.

#2 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

I get withdrawal symptoms from taking Phenibut even once. I usually take it once or twice a month at a dose of 2-2.5g, and for a few days that follow I have a strange sort of depression, high levels of apathy and boredom. Unlike typical depressive episodes it doesn't actually seem to dampen brain activity, I think this is due to Phenibut's alleged neuroprotective effects.

Either way, it definitely should not be abused. I'm honestly considering never using it again. In my experience, treating anxiety is much more safe, and consistent when using a combo of theanine, magnesium, and taurine. Though I should make sure you're aware that Taurine is a GABA-A agonist, though not quite as strong as Phenibut obviously. If you want general, daily anxiety reduction, I would definitely recommend Theanine and Magnesium. I take about 300mg of Theanine sublingually with 800mg of Magnesium Glycinate daily.

Also, quality decaf green tea is surprisingly effective for reducing anxiety, and almost seems to have nootropic effects (likely increased alpha-waves in the brain). For some reason it seems more effective than taking theanine alone, even in high doses.

Edited by Wingless, 24 August 2015 - 01:08 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

My advice to anyone is to leave Phenibut alone....

You are going to have to taper off slowly.

#4 123apk

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Been reading a bit about them. People on a social anxiety forum seem to be saying it's only a mild anti anxiety effect with them. I'm not as bad as some of them people, like I can go out and not break down or anything. But I'm not convinced I'd feel much.

Might look at kava. Don't want it to be like weed though. People seem to be saying take it in the evening after work and it'll make you social and chatty. I'm guessing perhaps lazy and not exactly stimulated too?
Might try getting purer rhodiola and some mucuna. A rhodiola complex I have with other stuff in it doesn't do much apart from make me agitated and a bit pissed off feeling. I'm thinking perhaps I have low testosterone so maybe mucuna might help.

Not sure any racetams will help after aniracetam which is supposed to be strong but has just been a let down. Highest I've done is 3g at a time, not sure if going higher would help.

Thinking my problem is gaba related, want something for gaba, gaba b and not really A. Asgwaghanda that hits gaba A just makes me dopey and stupid.

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Isn't this what happens to anyone taking phenibut more than one or two days a week for any extended period of time?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 123apk

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, pretty much. And the higher doses are just sedating me and making me foggy so can't even go above 3g.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, tolerance, withdrawal, aniracetam, l theanine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users