• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Thyroid issues, hypoglecemia, depression or something else?

depression rumination nac uridine sjw mood fatigue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Samuraidream

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Hello everyone.

Here's my story. I've been experimenting with various supplements/nootropics for 3 years or so, in order to improve my mood, low energy, and cognition: piracetam, aniracetam, noopept, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, rhodiola rosea, ashwaghanda, choline, SJW and uridine, to name a few. However, it's been getting worse.... I had quite some stress late last year and early this year, which didn't help either.

About 2 months ago, I woke up with some weird and very intrusive thoughts. I started questioning my life, work, relationship, which is completely silly, since I do believe I have a good life with a beautiful relationship and all. Here's a couple of examples of such ruminations: What if I go crazy now? What if I kill myself? What if I actually do not love my partner? What if it's all not gonna work out? Maybe I'm trapped in the wrong relationship? What if I'm not on the right career path? etc. and really just endless... It built up to the point where I just had a panic attack, seriously thinking I was about to die. The attack was followed by 5 low days and then I was fine just like that. I stopped all supplements (been taking uridine, omega3, occasional vit-b complex, creatine) and coffee, went on a beautiful vacation with my partner and thought I was recovering: better mood, high libido, and just happiness. However, around a month or so after the panic attack, my rumination came back, appearing and disappearing every couple of days. I also have low energy, mood swings, lower libido, and well... It's really killing me. I can't let this ruin my work, relationship and everything else. So I picked up some NAC, which helped a lot in the first couple of days, but now the negative thoughts are back.

Summary of symptoms:

- extreme rumination

- irrational thinking

- mood swings (sometimes changing hourly, sometimes daily/weekly)

- fatigue

- brain fog

- low libido

- Waking up in the middle of the night feeling scared or so (maybe once a week)

- significantly increased anxiety (sometimes after eating, sometimes when I've not eaten enough)

Possible causes:

- Thyroid, adrenal fatigue, etc?

- Low T (I had it tested last year and it was perfectly fine, though)

- Depression (in combination with OCD, since I ruminate a lot)

- Hypoglycemia

- Uridine caused this (since I was on that regimen when this all started)

- Other ideas?

If this does not go away for another 1-2 months, I'm definitely going to see a doctor. But for now, how shall I approach this?

I'm going to add vitamin C, vitamin D and DHEA to the repertoire (along with NAC). I'm also considering SJW again, since it has helped with mild depression in the past.

I'm gonna pick up distance running and road cycling again, if I can find the energy and motivation. Any other suggestions in terms of supplements and activities?

I'd really appreciate your input, guys. 

#2 Samuraidream

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:26 AM

Started taking SJW Kira last week. It's helping quite a bit, but my obsessive thoughts are not 100% gone yet.

What would be the next step then? Adding some NSI-189? Tianeptine? Giving Uridine one more chance? Perhaps one of these 3, combined with SJW, would make a difference?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

Lithium orotate works really well for stopping my negative/irrational thinking, constant mood swings and surprisingly even gives my libido a slight boost (however, this does not seem to be the norm for most people when trying lithium orotate).  I just take 5 mg (elemental lithium) before bed and it helps me sleep and wake in a better mood (or at least not irritable like I used to).  I'm also finding taking magnesium throughout the day helps too.

#4 Samuraidream

• Topic Starter
  • 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

Lithium orotate works really well for stopping my negative/irrational thinking, constant mood swings and surprisingly even gives my libido a slight boost (however, this does not seem to be the norm for most people when trying lithium orotate).  I just take 5 mg (elemental lithium) before bed and it helps me sleep and wake in a better mood (or at least not irritable like I used to).  I'm also finding taking magnesium throughout the day helps too.

Thanks, I'll look into lithium.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 tarasco

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:22 AM

See if this speaks to you....

https://www.wholeapp...3/04_April.html

(I tried lithium orotate but proved to be allergic to it...go figure...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, rumination, nac, uridine, sjw, mood, fatigue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users